The Saygus V Squared Smartphone..I have so many feelings

Jonathan W

[Half sorry for the crazy way i wrote this..i just recently got home from work, ive been awake for nearly 24 hours so forgive me <3]

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/saygus-v-squared#/story

THIS is the Saygus V Squared.

"Jonathan, what the heck is that?" You may be asking. Well, to put it bluntly, and to pull directly from their Indiegogo page...

"The Saygus V SQUARED is a massive disruptor in the smartphone industry. We are bringing you the world's first no-compromise smartphone. Boasting 15 exclusive features and technologies new to the market in one device. The V SQUARED features technology such as lag free wireless HD beaming, which allows you to wirelessly stream any content from your phone to any HDTV.  The V SQUARED has up to 464GB of localized storage, waterproof technology and much more. These innovations have already garnished the attention of many."

So i nearly shat my pants nad cried tears of ecstasy at the same time when i saw this phone, here are some basic specs

-64GB onboard storage

-Running Android 5.1 out of the box

-Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 2.5Ghz Quad Core processor

-21MP rear camera that can shoot 4K video

-3100mAh battery

-5" 1080p Display

-~$600USD

Sounds pretty standard for a modern top tier smartphone right?

"Yeah no crap but why am i still reading?"

BECAUSE WE HAVENT EVEN TOUCHED THE COOL SHIT YET!!!

"k well hurry up im bored"

Dont get sassy with me internet.

LIST OF SUPER COOL SHIT

-Side fingerprint scanner [not entirely sure how its different from normal scanning, i assume its got the scanner on the side of the phones bezel]

-Wireless Qi charging compatible

-Wireless, lag-free HD video

!!!!!YES I SAID WIRELESS, LAG-FREE HDMI STREAMING!!!!!!!

Apparently the creators of the HDMI standard we all know and love teamed up with the guys at Saygus to create an HDMI dongle you plug into your monitor/tv and you can beam your video off your phone to that monitor/tv!!!!!!!!

-Harmon Kardon 3D audio

-A 13MP forward facing Selfie camera

-DESIGNED WITH CIRCUIT BOARD LEVEL IPX7 WATERPROOFING

OH AND I FORGOT TO MENTION THE LAST SUPER FUCKING COOL THING!!

IT HAS DUAL DAMN SD CARD SLOTS WITH EACH SLOT REGISTERING UP TO 200GB OF DATA FOR A THEORETICAL 464GB [ALMOST A HALF TERABYTE] OF DATA WHEN COMBINED WITH THE ONBOARD 64GB!!!!!!!!!!

They hit their campaign funding goal of 1 MILLION USD is get this, 4 DAYS..with 27 days left on the docket, I think i can wait on buying a gaming laptop and make this my next tech purchase lol.

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

Where's the flippy screen and the antenna?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Please edit your title, at least name the phone or something that gives us a glimpse what it's about. 

Theoretical 464GB? Yeah I think it's gonna stay theoretical.

And is that a Snapdragon 801 (based on frequency)? If yes, what is preventing me from getting, let's say a M8 or G3 for less money (~$150 less)?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Please edit your title, at least name the phone or something that gives us a glimpse what it's about. 

Theoretical 464GB? Yeah I think it's gonna stay theoretical.

Why should i change the ittle? The like third line down on the article i say the name of the phone. The Saygus V Squared

And i think if you actually read the OP an dfollow the link to their indiegogo youll find much more than a glimpse of what its about :P

Theyre going to have dual MicroSD card slots, each with the capacity of up to 200GB, combine that with the 64GB of the onboard storage you have a maximum of 464GB of total storage, thats insane on a phone, and awesome

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

ok so a couple things

"464 GB" not really it's 64GB with 2 microSD slots

"Water Proof" and "Removable Battery" don't seem like they would mix

"edge to edge borderless screen" I mean there's clearly a bezel there..

200gb micro sd card = £200 = $317 - so its $1200 for the Phone and 2 SD cards 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A-Ultra-Micro-Memory/dp/B00V62XBQQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434718949&sr=8-1&keywords=SANDISK+200GB+ULTRA+MICRO+SDXC

also, I am calling now, the camera is shit,, I bet you

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What the fuck.... I just lost all respect for lew, that was painful to watch...

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

i don't know why your drooling over this phone. There's nothing significant here.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A-Ultra-Micro-Memory/dp/B00V62XBQQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434718949&sr=8-1&keywords=SANDISK+200GB+ULTRA+MICRO+SDXC

Well, to be fair, they said a potential 400GB of extra storage

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

its not 317USD its only 250USD, so its 1100, but who said you need to buy them all at once? And you can run dual 64GB cards or even dual 128s while you save for 200s. People talk about using their android devices as a convenient storage device, well more storage space equals better for that

Project Hephaestus

The harmon kardon thing is the same thing on the beats audio for htc ones, it's a eq in software, the wireless thing really.....

"IPX7 WATERPROOFING" 

It's not waterproof it's water-resistant 1 meter for 30 minutes. nothing special or new.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

What the fuck.... I just lost all respect for lew, that was painful to watch...

He sells out at every available opportunity and has done so from the start. The only reason I ever watch his content is if he is showing something I haven't seen yet literally anywhere else.

its not 317USD its only 250USD, so its 1100, but who said you need to buy them all at once? And you can run dual 64GB cards or even dual 128s while you save for 200s. People talk about using their android devices as a convenient storage device, well more storage space equals better for that

It is that price for me here in the UK £200 = $317

I was just pricing up the cost, I didn't say it was good or bad... dont put words into my mouth i just said it would cost me $1200 in the UK for the phone and 2 cards

Well, to be fair, they said a potential 400GB of extra storage

yeah I wasnt giving my opinion just showing the prices

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

ok so a couple things

"464 GB" not really it's 64GB with 2 microSD slots

"Water Proof" and "Removable Battery" don't seem like they would mix

"edge to edge borderless screen" I mean there's clearly a bezel there..

464GB is the potential on paper maximum, 64GB onboard with 2 slots at 200GB each

Water Proof up to 30 minutes at 1Foot..can be done with a good enough seal and water expulsion coatings.

You got me on the screen though

Project Hephaestus

Why should i change the ittle? The like third line down on the article i say the name of the phone. The Saygus V Squared

Because people would like to know what's the thread about before they enter (also the name of the thread makes it easier to navigate).  :)

Now imagine if Tech News looked like this:

• The Balls On These Guys And Their New Phone!
  • Oh my God! How could AMD do such thing?
  • A new game has been announced!
  • Why would they announce this? Bastards!
  • Do you think it's acceptable that this is a thing?
  • This is the best tech gimmick ever!

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

It is that price for me here in the UK £200 = $317

I was just pricing up the cost, I didn't say it was good or bad... dont put words into my mouth i just said it would cost me $1200 in the UK for the phone and 2 cards

yeah I wasnt giving my opinion just showing the prices

i wasnt meaning to put words in your mouth, it seemed like you were doing a translation from [im an ignorant america, you using pounds or euros?] to USD, which is where i thought that 317 number came from.

Project Hephaestus

Because people would like to know what's the thread about before they enter (also the name of the thread makes it easier to navigate).  :)

Now imagine if Tech News looked like this:

• The Balls On These Guys And Their New Phone!
  • Oh my God! How could AMD do such thing?
  • A new game has been announced!
  • Why would these announce this? Bastards!
  • Do you think it's acceptable that this is a thing?
  • This is the best tech gimmick ever!

Alright fair enough, you win this time skeletor

Project Hephaestus

i wasnt meaning to put words in your mouth, it seemed like you were doing a translation from [im an ignorant america, you using pounds or euros?] to USD, which is where i thought that 317 number came from.

oh right no, I was saying thats the cost in dollars to me in the UK (the phone is probably more money but no pricing for the UK yet)

inb4 no software support.

Runs Android 5.1?

Project Hephaestus

Runs Android 5.1?

-.- that's not what I meant, future.