OC3D has already posted 390x review

Predator50

Rig: CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.5 ghz | MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: 4x4 gigs Kingston Fury 1600 ddr3 | GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X PSU: Seasonic M12ii-620 Evo Edition | HDD: 1 TB WD, 500 GB WD | SSD: Kingston SSD now 240 and 120 GB CASE: In Win 303 RGB edition | Mouse: Corsair m65 pro | Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK | Headset: Hyper X Cloud Pro  | Monitor: LG 29um58-P Ultrawide monitor.

This ought to shut up 90% of people nagging and shitposting about " oh it's just a rebrand". 

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

This ought to shut up 90% of people nagging and shitposting about " oh it's just a rebrand". 

it is. even power consumption is the same when people were screaming oh it's going to be better.

But... But... it is a rebrand. With 4GB more.

just like the other 8gb 290x's  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

How? It is just a rebrand and the numbers back that up. The gains are minimal, well within what an overclocker can already get with a 290x

-------

Current Rig

-------

uhh... why? it is just a rebrand with more vram. someone making a nice cooler for a card doesn't make it less of a rebrand

How? It is just a rebrand and the numbers back that up. The gains are minimal, well within what an overclocker can already get with a 290x

Quoting the review " it's trading blows with the 980 for less money" , if it was JUST a 290x it would be trading blows with the 970 as most of you suggest the 970 over the 290x.

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

Quoting the review " it's trading blows with the 980 for less money" , if it was JUST a 290x it would be trading blows with the 970 as most of you suggest the 970 over the 290x.

Don't forget no drivers.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

that's thanks to MSI 

Don't forget no drivers.

Also this , i don't get why people are getting so salty over this smh.

He is giving undue praise to it given the numbers he has plastered on his charts: Forget the 980 look at the xfx 290x 8gb and the R9 290x Asus Matrix and how they're pretty much toe to toe and in some test the ROG Matrix 290x wins like on the GTA V test (the non 4k). Otherwise is usually less than 1 FPS ahead of the good 290x cards. How is it justifiable to charge 70 USD or more for a card to get all of 1 extra FPS from a 290x?

It's important to go beyond just listening to the talking heads.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Also this , i don't get why people are getting so salty over this smh.

People just like to complain, they need to learn to wait.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Oh wow the difference look very minimal... :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You must be a ninja, if you could watch the video and get the relevant results within 60 seconds of the video being posted.

And you're telling us we're salty for pointing out issues, and you're the guy telling us to shut up.

Also, the guy's results are shoddy. 295x2 is slower than 290x at 1440p GTA V huh, sounds legit. The results are so demented, I better go to sleep before I trip balls.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

You must be a ninja, if you could watch the video and get the relevant results within 60 seconds of the video being posted.

And you're telling us we're salty for pointing out issues, and you're the guy telling us to shut up.

I read the written review the moment it got out , and it's a figure of speech , if you get insulted by it , well , i don't see where i'm at fault there.

I read the written review the moment it got out , and it's a figure of speech , if you get insulted by it , well , i don't see where i'm at fault there.

Yes, and everybody you thought were salty weren't, it was a figure of speech as well.

If you read it, clearly you didn't read it clearly enough. Or, you deserve a medal for your speed-reading capabilities. We both know which is the case here.

And just fuck it, you're like talking to a wall. You don't see a fault, so it's all on us. Right. Ok.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Yes, and everybody you thought were salty weren't, it was a figure of speech as well.

If you read it, clearly you didn't read it clearly enough. Or, you deserve a medal for your speed-reading capabilities. We both know which is the case here.

Please enlighten me , these past two days i've seen nothing but bash on AMD . So yeah i'd say people are pretty salty . Oh and by the way , kosher or himalayan?

Please enlighten me

I tried to do that already:

He is giving undue praise to it given the numbers he has plastered on his charts: Forget the 980 look at the xfx 290x 8gb and the R9 290x Asus Matrix and how they're pretty much toe to toe and in some test the ROG Matrix 290x wins like on the GTA V test (the non 4k). Otherwise is usually less than 1 FPS ahead of the good 290x cards. How is it justifiable to charge 70 USD or more for a card to get all of 1 extra FPS from a 290x?

It's important to go beyond just listening to the talking heads.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Nice card. 70-100$ extra for a guaranteed overclock, 4gb more VRAM, and a much much better designed cooler and pcb, as well as the zero fan mode. Perfectly acceptable to me.

If this was nvidia, people would be astonished how Mny features they added for such little money.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Nice card. 70-100$ extra for a guaranteed overclock, 4gb more VRAM, and a much much better designed cooler and pcb, as well as the zero fan mode. Perfectly acceptable to me.

If this was nvidia, people would be astonished how Mny features they added for such little money.

I still don't like the comparisons and results OC3D is making/getting. When I wake later today I hope to see better info from Pcper, Anandtech, maybe Tom's, then I can make up my mind.

, if it was JUST a 290x it would be trading blows with the 970 as most of you suggest the 970 over the 290x.

100000% TRUE

Its all I read when selecting my cards last year.

I am glad this video is out. Even though I am a turn coat and went Team Blue, my heart bleeds Team Red!

what a fail amd got my r9 290x vapor x for £226 and now they try to sell the same card for £350. sad.

Don't be TOO quick to judge. Soon there will be many 390x reviews out. Then we can compare numbers and make a final verdict. 

Also, the guy's results are shoddy. 295x2 is slower than 290x at 1440p GTA V huh, sounds legit. The results are so demented, I better go to sleep before I trip balls.

His results aren't shoddy. The 295x2 is a dual GPU card and as of right now GTA V doesn't scale well with crossfire. It sucks, yes, and AMD needs to get their drivers updated. But his results are legit. Perhaps it's because they don't show results you wanted to see, you think they're incorrect?

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS