Fitness

Samdb

So I've always wondered how a tech community stays fit and health, whether it's just having the right diet or exercising during your free time. Feel free to drop your methods down in the comments and those who are looking to get fit feel free to ask some questions about anything you'd like to know :)

EDIT: i Should say that I used to be 260lbs, now down to 199lbs with about 20lbs left to lose depending on how my body wants to store it. I'm currently doing a 6 day split at the gym consisting of two lower body, two upper body and two abs days. I don't usually go for 1RM's but I'm currently at:

Squat - 120kg/264lbs for 4 reps

Bench - 100kg/220lbs for 3 reps

Deadlift - 150kg/330lbs for 4 reps

So I've always wondered how a tech community stays fit and health, whether it's just having the right diet or exercising during your free time. Feel free to drop your methods down in the comments and those who are looking to get fit feel free to ask some questions about anything you'd like to know :)

I play Steam Summer Sale game.. This finger needs to work out! I can already feel the muscles!

I play rugby two days a week, and I take frequent walks. I basically eat whatever I want, and if I need to lose some weight, I just eat less of it. 

Also, been a long time since I have seen you around @Samdb. Always nice to see a familiar face/avatar.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I jog, 'nuff said.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Well I go running once a day every day for about 1 - 1,5h in the forrest. I dont like running on streets(bad air, no hills so it s too easy). Than somedays like twice or three times a week I go to outside open fitness(free) with no weights other than my body and make some pushups, pullups, back exercises etc. that is like 1h to 2 hours depends on my mood. Ad in the summer i like swimming as often as I can(that is a great way to exercize all muscles at once)

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

I walk to briskly to & from school, everyday. I also have a few weights, which I pump out in the garage with my dad

B)

Well I go running once a day every day for about 1 - 1,5h in the forrest. I dont like running on streets(bad air, no hills so it s too easy). Than somedays like twice or three times a week I go to outside open fitness(free) with no weights other than my body and make some pushups, pullups, back exercises etc. that is like 1h to 2 hours depends on my mood. Ad in the summer i like swimming as often as I can(that is a great way to exercize all muscles at once)

I'm kind of the same with my cardio, I'd much rather walk at a 15% gradient that run on a 0%, make it a lot harder.

as a tech forum I think I can say universally we all have bad posture.

the last few weeks I've been trying to correct this. doing any back/shoulder exercise that focuses on the muscles between the shoulder blades and lately my neck specifically that area around the throat to pull my head backwards and support it better in that position

a side benefit I'm hoping for is to cure my snoring. from all that I've heard about snoring is its a result of the throat loosening and growing slack

any tips on posture exercises?

I cycle to and from work on nice days (5 miles) and on a college day I average about 90 minutes of walking round the town/to the car park which is 30 mins away (I'm too cheap to pay).

I eat a reasonably healthy diet, very rarely do I eat junk food.

as a tech forum I think I can say universally we all have bad posture.

the last few weeks I've been trying to correct this. doing any back/shoulder exercise that focuses on the muscles between the shoulder blades and lately my neck specifically that area around the throat to pull my head backwards and support it better in that position

a side benefit I'm hoping for is to cure my snoring. from all that I've heard about snoring is its a result of the throat loosening and growing slack

any tips on posture exercises?

This video should really help, it's meant for your neck but it should correct your spine.

My exercise is usually nothing but playing games and cycling to school every now and then. I have taken up jogging though, only been at it for ~2 weeks.

There is a forest path almost literally in my backyard so I go there, I aim for a 5km jog, sometimes I go 10. But if the weather turns bad I might go 3km.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Except cycling and chores + work I do nothing, I just ate a pizza.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I see you guys really lack some excercise. You really shouldn't just sit behind a computer all day and eat. At least go for a walk/run in a forrest/park or something similar like once a day for at least an hour or twice a day for 30 minutes each time. That is the least you could do. It s not healthy to just sit and eat all day every day

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850