Nvidia Unviels New Quadro Card

EChondo

http://www.techpowerup.com/187643/nvidia-unveils-new-flagship-gpu-for-visual-computing.html

NVIDIA today unveiled the visual computing industry's new flagship technology - the NVIDIA Quadro K6000 GPU, the fastest and most capable GPU ever built. NVIDIA today also launched a new line of professional graphics GPUs for mobile workstations, delivering the highest levels of performance and graphics memory ever available on mobile platforms.

The Quadro K6000 GPU delivers five-times higher compute performance and nearly double the graphics capability of its predecessor, the NVIDIA Quadro 6000 GPU, and features the world's largest and fastest graphics memory.

Combining breakthrough performance and advanced capabilities in a power-efficient design, the Quadro K6000 GPU enables leading organizations such as Pixar, Nissan, Apache Corporation and the Weather Channel's WSI division to tackle visualization and analysis workloads of unprecedented size and scope.

• Animation and Visual Effects - Pixar
  • "The Kepler features are key to our next generation of real-time lighting and geometry handling. We were thrilled to get an early look at the K6000. The added memory and other features allow our artists to see much more of the final scene in a real-time, interactive form, and allow many more artistic iterations."
    Guido Quaroni, Pixar vice president of Software R&D
  • Product Styling - Nissan
  • "With Quadro K6000's 12 GB of memory, I am now able to load nearly complete vehicle models into RTT Deltagen and have stunning photorealism almost instantly. Instead of spending significant time simplifying the models to fit into previous hardware, we can now spend more time reviewing and iterating designs up front which helps avoid costly changes to tooling."
    Dennis Malone, associate engineer, Nissan North America

• Energy Exploration - Apache
  • "Compared to the Quadro K5000, the Quadro K6000 tripled the performance when running jobs on Terraspark's InsightEarth application. With jobs running in mere minutes, we can run more simulations and get better insight into where to drill. In this business, drilling in the wrong place is a multi-million dollar mistake, and the Quadro K6000 gives us the edge to make better decisions."
    Klaas Koster, manager, seismic interpretation, Apache Corporation

Unprecedented Performance
The Quadro K6000 GPU is based on the NVIDIA Kepler architecture - the world's fastest, most efficient GPU architecture. Key performance features and capabilities include:

• 12 GB ultra-fast GDDR5 graphics memory lets designers and animators model and render characters and scenes at unprecedented scale, complexity and richness
  • 2,880 streaming multiprocessor (SMX) cores deliver faster visualization and compute horsepower than previous-generation products
  • Supports four simultaneous displays and up to 4k resolution with DisplayPort 1.2
  • Ultra-low latency video I/O and support for large-scale visualizations

"The NVIDIA Quadro K6000 GPU is the highest performance, most capable GPU ever created for the professional graphics market," said Ed Ellett, senior vice president, Professional Solutions Group at NVIDIA. "It will significantly change the game for animators, digital designers and engineers, enabling them to make the impossible possible."

New Mobile Workstation GPUs
NVIDIA today also revealed a new flagship professional graphics GPU for workstation notebooks, the NVIDIA Quadro K5100M GPU. Delivering the highest levels of performance and graphics memory available on notebook platforms, the Quadro K5100M anchors a new line of workstation notebook graphics that includes the Quadro K4100M, K3100M, K2100M, K1100M, K610M, and K510M GPUs.

Quadro GPUs are designed, built and tested by NVIDIA to provide the superb reliability, compatibility and dependability that professionals require. They are certified and recommended by more than 150 leading software application providers worldwide.

Availability
The NVIDIA Quadro K6000 will be available beginning this fall from Dell, HP, Lenovo and other major workstation providers; from systems integrators, including BOXX Technologies and Supermicro; and from authorized distribution partners, including PNY Technologies in North America and Europe, ELSA and Ryoyo in Japan, and Leadtek in Asia Pacific.

The new Quadro mobile workstation graphics product line will also be available beginning this fall from major mobile workstation OEMs.

Sorry guys, but this is a long one! Linus, I think you need to update your workstations ;D

NVIDIA_Quadro_K6000_01.jpg

You can see the product here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-desktop-gpus.html

Well firepro, had your time to shine. In the benevolent words of Mr Bean"Brace yourselves".

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It looks amazing, but how much will it cost? Also Dezel has a shuttle so he needs a single slot card.

The Shuttle's do two slot cards, do they not? He will, however, have to ensure the length is fine and that the cooling in the Shuttle can handle a beast like this. Haha. Plus, I don't think Linus will be able to just buy one of these because I'm guessing $4k+. Unless Nvidia send them one, I suppose...

The Shuttle's do two slot cards, do they not? He will, however, have to ensure the length is fine and that the cooling in the Shuttle can handle a beast like this. Haha. Plus, I don't think Linus will be able to just buy one of these because I'm guessing $4k+. Unless Nvidia send them one, I suppose...

They do have dual slot but he has a 10GB NIC.

I'm curious to know how this does in gaming I know its not maid for that but I'd think it would preform almost as well as a 760

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Tom's Hardware did a pretty lengthy testing of worksation cards a while back.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/workstation-graphics-card-gaming,3425.html

Well looks like if I could ever save enough money for a k6000 I could play a good bit of games on it

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Wow. Just wow. I'm curious though, does anyone even know how one would use 12gb of VRAM? Would rendering on three 4k displays get up there?

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

12GB is a LOT of vRAM :P

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

They do have dual slot but he has a 10GB NIC.

Ah, of course. I forgot about that. Meh, you could mod the side of it... As in, cut the side off. Lol

i bet that thing is also amazing with gaming

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Ah, of course. I forgot about that. Meh, you could mod the side of it... As in, cut the side off. Lol

Nope, second DVI output is on the second slot.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Wow. Just wow. I'm curious though, does anyone even know how one would use 12gb of VRAM? Would rendering on three 4k displays get up there?

I would think some crazy 3D animation work for big budget movies could get a lot of use out of it.

I would think some crazy 3D animation work for big budget movies could get a lot of use out of it.

I suppose, but they've been doing a pretty good job with 6gb already

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

If I'm not wrong dezel's shuttle needs a single slot gpu because linus put in a 10 jigabit ethernet card 

It looks amazing, but how much will it cost? Also Dezel has a shuttle so he needs a single slot card.

Linus will have to get his dremel out and do some modding!

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Nope, second DVI output is on the second slot.

I meant the case. The X79 shuttle has two PCIe 16x, right? Have the NIC in the first slot and the GPU hanging out of the side of the case in the second slot. Haha.