Radeon R9 380 ASUS Strix Gaming 2GB benchmarks

zMeul

It will sound stupid and i apologize in advance,but i dont understand one thing.

-Sites say that r9 280x is dx 12 capable,but not fully (like there is  a dx 12.0 and a 12.1 or something)

- the new r9 380 is fully dx 12,yes?

So will getting the r9 280x will prove  bad in the long run? Or will it run dx12 good and also get the performance that dx 12 brings?

I want to be able to run dx 12 games withoth problems. So with that in mind is the r9 280 x with 3gb vram better?

DX12 and the GCN architecture will be fully compatible:  http://www.amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/amd-demonstrates-2014mar20.aspx

The R9 290(x) is a newer GPU.  I would try for a well priced 290, or 290X.

The dust is not settling in a good way for AMD right now.  

The question I have is that if the 3XX is s direct re-badge of the 2XX, and the 2XX is not freesync compatible, then will the 3XX be freesync compatible? if so does that mean that they have gimped the 200 series with regard to freesync?

before anyone answers, only a small number of the 2XX series have FS for gaming.  the 260/x, 285,295 and 290/x I believe.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Turns out overclocking a 285 by 17MHz doesn't magically turn it into anything appreciably better. Who knew.

AMD have taken it upon themselves to make the 960 a competitive product by making the 380 worse than the 280X. That was an achievement.

The question I have is that if the 3XX is s direct re-badge of the 2XX, and the 2XX is not freesync compatible, then will the 3XX be freesync compatible? if so does that mean that they have gimped the 200 series with regard to freesync?

before anyone answers, only a small number of the 2XX series have FS for gaming.  the 260/x, 285,295 and 290/x I believe.

Yes, and the cards you have named there are the ones that were not rebrands. They were genuine 2xx products. The ones that did not support True Audio or Free Sync were rebrands

Who cares if the lineup is full of rebrands? The top tier card is still new (fury, not 390).

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

The only 300 series card that doesn't support FSync is the 370 since it's a rebadge of a 265 which was a rebadge of the 7850. I'm not sure I get the gimped question. The 200 series cards that didn't support FSync were the 7000 rebrands. I'm also not sure what anyone who cant afford a 290/390 is doing with such an expensive monitor.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

The only 300 series card that doesn't support FSync is the 370 since it's a rebadge of a 265 which was a rebadge of the 7850. I'm not sure I get the gimped question. The 200 series cards that didn't support FSync were the 7000 rebrands. I'm also not sure what anyone who cant afford a 290/390 is doing with such an expensive monitor.

The question is;  are there any 3XX cards that have freesync but are re-brands of the 2XX cards that don't?

If so, then the gimped question makes sense. If not then the gimped question is moot.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The question is;  are there any 3XX cards that have freesync but are re-brands of the 2XX cards that don't?

If so, then the gimped question makes sense. If not then the gimped question is moot.

Nope, none of them.

390x = 290x

390 = 390

380 = 285

360 = 260

All their predecessors support Fsync.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Did you expect it to get a performance boost? It's a god damn HD 7950/70

Actually it's the 285, so it's Tonga.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Nvidia has a stupid naming scheme. Whats the next titan card going to be called. Titan G?? Titan L?? Titan O??

You do have a point. I will buy the Titan Y next year then watch it become obsolete in 3 months.

I have a 270x, I can upgrade this year.  I had the choice of a new AMD.  No way, its like not better at all!!! :o  I thought AMD was trying to improve! 

With the 280x price slightly higher than a GTX 960 4GB here, I might as well just get it. 

You do have a point. I will buy the Titan Y next year then watch it become obsolete in 3 months.

I thought it was supposed to be Tight V... Errrr Titan V?

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I thought it was supposed to be Tight V... Errrr Titan V?

Titan ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVXYZ

I'm sad that all of the 300 series cards are rebrands. :(

And that the only new card is the Fury. But I guess that will show in a year or two when the R9 4xx series will come out. Most cards OUGHT to be new by then. Using the HMB architecture.

I'm sad that all of the 300 series cards are rebrands. :(

And that the only new card is the Fury. But I guess that will show in a year or two when the R9 4xx series will come out. Most cards OUGHT to be new by then. Using the HMB architecture.

I am not sad, I am not buying one :mellow:

Titan ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVXYZ

Yeah!  Cause fuck W.  W's for slags.

I am not sad, I am not buying one :mellow:

I wont be buying anything new from AMD either, I am happy with what I currently have.

I'm just sad because I want to see AMD producing new stuff that competes at a top tier level. And I am hoping that Fury might be on the right track for that.

Yeah!  Cause fuck W.  W's for slags.

Titan W just sounds weird

I wont be buying anything new from AMD either, I am happy with what I currently have.

I'm just sad because I want to see AMD producing new stuff that competes at a top tier level. And I am hoping that Fury might be on the right track for that.

With the situation they are in right now, they cannot afford to do such things,with bringing out multiple new cards that have an substantial amount of improvement.  

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

They might be poised here to saturate the market with cards that are of equal, or better, value/performance than nVidia at every price range... barring that $330 GTX 970.... but we have to wait and see better/more reliable numbers.

With the situation they are in right now, they cannot afford to do such things,with bringing out multiple new cards that have an substantial amount of improvement.  

I wouldn't have minded if they did something like Nvidia first did with Maxwell. Where they first brought it to a low-end card (750ti), something that is bound to sell a lot of volume. And during the time where they produce new low-end stuff they get the time to polish on how they want to produce the higher end chips.

But I see why AMD is doing what they are. Their yields must be really high for the current cards they are producing, and switching to something new would just cost them too much money. And top-tier cards is something that companies can sell at higher than average prices to recoup losses in research and development, along with the lower yields that comes from new processes.

So I see why they are doing all of this. But I just wished that they didn't have to do all of it :(

And rebranding stuff just leaves a icky feeling inside of me.

Titan W just sounds weird

That's because English is retarded. Calling it double u, when it is a double v.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Ikr in Spanish it's pronounced "doble vay" or "double v" in English.

4vYkaqg.png

No?..  Yeah?

Actually it's the 285, so it's Tonga.

If you'd kept reading, you would have figured out that 2 other people already pointed it out.

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Either release something new or don't release it at all.

Nobody says a thing when Nvidia rebrands cards...

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)