Radeon R9 380 ASUS Strix Gaming 2GB benchmarks

zMeul

That's because English is retarded. Calling it double u, when it is a double v.

Ikr in Spanish it's pronounced "doble vay" or "double v" in English.

W and V are often swapped between Germanic and English languages. it is a double U in English because the w was originally handwritten as two U's not V's.

If English is your first Language then the concept of using V for W sounds just as weird.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Nobody says a thing when Nvidia rebrands cards...

They aren't whores about it though. It's not something that they do often. A GTX 980 Ti is not a Titan X rebrand... it is still using the same chip and is not marketed as a new card. It is known to be very similar. They aren't like AMD saying, "look at this next gen r9 390x that is so greatly priced and revolutionary."

They aren't whores about it though. It's not something that they do often. A GTX 980 Ti is not a Titan X rebrand... it is still using the same chip and is not marketed as a new card. It is known to be very similar. They aren't like AMD saying, "look at this next gen r9 390x that is so greatly priced and revolutionary."

For how well they perform and the cost of the cards I really don't know why people are mad. I think it's just people looking for something to complain about and hate. They have good choices for the high end, and they have good choices for the mid-range bang for the buck graphics cards. Just because they are doing something different from Nvidia with the naming doesn't mean they're garbage. The Fury and Fury X look great, while the 390x rebrand everyone is complaining about is competing with the GTX 980. THE NEXT GEN CARD. It's kind've a disappointment to me that Nvidia can't (or won't) make a NEW architecture that is so much greater than AMD's old architecture

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

For how well they perform and the cost of the cards I really don't know why people are mad. I think it's just people looking for something to complain about and hate. They have good choices for the high end, and they have good choices for the mid-range bang for the buck graphics cards. Just because they are doing something different from Nvidia with the naming doesn't mean they're garbage. The Fury and Fury X look great, while the 390x rebrand everyone is complaining about is competing with the GTX 980. THE NEXT GEN CARD. It's kind've a disappointment to me that Nvidia can't (or won't) make a NEW architecture that is so much greater than AMD's old architecture

Nvidia won't release a new architecture that is much greater because that would be a stupid move.   Why burn your self out sprinting when you only have to jog to win the race?

The fact is if nvidia wanted to put two GPU's with AIO cooling on a card it would be much greater, but they don't and probably won't because they don't need to to stay competitive.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Nvidia won't release a new architecture that is much greater because that would be a stupid move.   Why burn your self out sprinting when you only have to jog to win the race?

The fact is if nvidia wanted to put two GPU's with AIO cooling on a card it would be much greater, but they don't and probably won't because they don't need to to stay competitive.

Nvidia won't release a new architecture that is much greater because they don't have it ready yet.

FTFY :)

Pascal is a brand new architecture. Maxwell is basically an improvement upon Kepler but not a new architecture in and of itself.

At least that's my understanding of it. I could be wrong.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Nvidia won't release a new architecture that is much greater because they don't have it ready yet.

FTFY :)

True, they may not, although I would be willing to bet they along with Intel and Samsung and who ever else is playing around in the chip industry has a quite a bit of stuff that's a lot further along than we think.

only 2GB ?

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

I almost regret recently buying an AMD GPU (R9 280). I don't really wanna support a lazy company like this. Come on, really, 3 re-brands of the EXACT SAME chip? 7950->280->380 I would accept rebranding if the 290 became the 380, 280 became 370, etc. Next year better have HBM on all chips. And no serious TDP improvements.

Nobody says a thing when Nvidia rebrands cards...

One of their last rebrands was GTX 680->GTX 770. So you got a performance improvement. It wasn't like 680->780, marketing the exact same thing as the new high-end.

True, they may not, although I would be willing to bet they along with Intel and Samsung and who ever else is playing around in the chip industry has a quite a bit of stuff that's a lot further along than we think.

We don't get to know that stuff.  They work on it every day, and everyday they get closer to a final product... all this while the testing of the "next gen" is going on.  AMD was developing the HBM modules for over 5 years.  They give us hints into what they are doing, but we can't be sure of most of it... most of the time.

I almost regret recently buying an AMD GPU (R9 280). I don't really wanna support a lazy company like this. Come on, really, 3 re-brands of the EXACT SAME chip? 7950->280->380 I would accept rebranding if the 290 became the 380, 280 became 370, etc. Next year better have HBM on all chips. And no serious TDP improvements.

This is wrong on so many levels.

380 = R9 285 =/= R9 290 or the 7950/7970

AMD is not lazy, it is in debt... there is a difference.

YOUR support is not required.  You should buy what is best for you and not complain about any R9 3XX product that you sure as hell are not going to buy.

:D

"One of their last rebrands was GTX 680->GTX 770. So you got a performance improvement. It wasn't like 680->780, marketing the exact same thing as the new high-end."

I don't understand your thinking here.  What does it matter if they "rebrand" the 290X as the 390X.  Sure it seems like a marketing ploy, very sneaky and all.  The fact is: the only thing the exact same between the 290X and the 390X is the GPU.  PCB, memory, probably other things were changed as well (I have not really looked for spec sheets, they out yet?).

How does something as small as a naming scheme bother you?  Why does it?  I could not give two shits what they call their cards, really.

We don't get to know that stuff.  They work on it every day, and everyday they get closer to a final product... all this while the testing of the "next gen" is going on.  AMD was developing the HBM modules for over 5 years.  They give us hints into what they are doing, but we can't be sure of most of it... most of the time.

Having worked directly for a large companies before I can tell you they operate on 5, 10 and 50 year plans. The bigger the company the longer the plan.  You can bet your arse they are already working on paper their products for 2020 taking into account as much development as they can.

They make a new architecture every two-ish years. Pascal next year is going to be incredible (from what they claim).