New 980ti not running 100%

monkey10120

Please provide evidence for your claims.

look at OP, there you go.

when it comes to gaming, the i7-5960X is not any better than say an i5-4690 or i7-4790k

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

look at OP, there you go.

For the record, we have no idea what CPU the OP is running. I went through the entire thread and didn't find any CPU mentioned.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

For the record, we have no idea what CPU the OP is running. I went through the entire thread and didn't find any CPU mentioned.

oh really? lol

DKl7IJu.png

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

oh really? lol

DKl7IJu.png

Yes. No CPU mentioned.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Yes. No CPU mentioned.

top right corner : intel CORE i5-3570K PROCESSOR

no wonder you're so clueless you can't read.

He would get a 9% boost moving to an i5-4690K...and then it's the same gaming performance all the way up to the i7-5960X which is the same when it comes to gaming it has more cores but those won't make any difference what so ever in 99% of the games out there. it's haswell...and as good as it gets for now.

top right corner : intel CORE i5-3570K PROCESSOR

no wonder you're so clueless you can't read.

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing it.

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing it.

do you see it now?

Capture.png

do you see it now?

Capture.png

I have Adblock so I didn't see it. I have all images disabled on this site for the most part, and it sometimes doesn't render in post images.

I have Adblock so I didn't see it. I have all images disabled on this site for the most part, and it sometimes doesn't render in post images.

good reason to uninstall Adblock and just use firefox instead...you're over 14 000 post in this forum.

So an update on this.

After some testing, I have 3 monitors but I rarely play surround. So I decided to enable surround and run my games. Well guess what, the power and usage go to 100% . And the card runs fine. I get 45 fps in gta 5 on highest settings on all 3 monitors.

So the card or self is fine, it's now only when I run games in 1080 that it's doesn't want to go above 50% power and 30% usage.

And yes I tried only hooking 1 monitor up.

It's either a CPU bottleneck or vsync is enabled.

This is what happens when you go overkill on the GPU.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

good reason to uninstall Adblock and just use firefox instead...you're over 14 000 post in this forum.

I use Firefox lol.

If you have 1080p with only 60hz then its going to hit 60fps allways with a 980ti. The only way to increase that is to have vsync off. Your CPU and GPU can handle more than 60fps. Really tbh you should with that GPU be running a min of 1080p 120hz or 144hz to get the most out of that card. Even use DSR at 1440p or above to push the card abit more. Make the card work more. Your CPU is good enough. Im getting two 980ti later this year. I run 1080p 120hz. I will hit 120fps in most games. I might even disable one GPU for games which are older. I then plan money depending on getting 1440p 144hz after I get the gpu's. As long as I am hitting over 100fps in games max out im happy.

If you have 60hz monitor, it could be that.

It really seems like that vsync is enabled, have you checked that from nvidia's control panel?

lol 

I have a 980ti and i7 4790k and I run 1080P I get 60 FPS most of the time with sync on and occasional dips in performance, its and EVGA card with that ACX2.0 stuffs in the persuasion software there is a Kboost it forces the card to run at full speed maybe OP can find a way to turn this on? 

Also I was running an AMD 8350 and I wouldn't get the card to go over 40% usage the CPU was a bottleneck but the I7 is able to take full advantage of this card 

good luck OP 

AMD 1800X Water Cool H80i 48GB Ram 980ti EVGA ACX2.0 M.2 (Samsung 950Pro) 1TB Samsung 850 OS:MSX

Thanks for all the input guys but sorry I couldnt respond sooner. So here are some updates to everyone:

First everyone is saying its vsync. But its not. I have vsync turned off in any game I can find because I hate vsync and its delay.

here is a screen shot showing me getting 180 fps in one of my games. I also included Nvidia control panel with all the global settings:

zFogqB0.png

Second thing is people are saying my CPU is bottlenecking my card. Look at my original image and look at the CPU usage. Its at 30%, thats it and the game I was running that in has multicore support. And look at the screen shot above. Thats KSP running 200 part ship and my CPU is only at 66% usage. 

I am lost for what is happening. No vsync, every thing set to max performance, but yet I am getting lower FPS in most games then my 660ti because my GPU refuses to run past 30ish% usage UNLESS I run games on all three monitors.

Also let me add what it does look like when I turn on surround and play games at 5760x1080

You can see the power and usage spike to almost 100%. 

tmCKW2F.png

Maybe its just a driver issue at this point.....

Also let me add what it does look like when I turn on surround and play games at 5760x1080

tmCKW2F.png

Yeah, because at that resolution you don't go above 60 fps that often, so vsync isn't kicking in, and when it is it isn't limiting you by much.  Somehow the game you are playing has vsync enabled.  Find it in the game's setting menu and disable it.  Or edit the config.txt file for the game and disable it there.

Yeah, because at that resolution you don't go above 60 fps that often, so vsync isn't kicking in, and when it is it isn't limiting you by much.  Somehow the game you are playing has vsync enabled.  Find it in the game's setting menu and disable it.  Or edit the config.txt file for the game and disable it there.

I dont know how many time I can say that vsync is not enabled. 

In the same game I can go surround 5760x1080 and lower the settings and pull 80fps easy.

Its not vsync and I cannot say it enough

In the same game I can go surround 5760x1080 and lower the settings and pull 80fps easy.

In the picture you just linked the line never goes above 60 fps.  It is at a constant 58-59 fps with a few drops.  No game just magically hovers at 60 fps.  There are peaks and valleys, mins and maxes.  You would expect to see dips at 40 fps, and peaks at 80 fps, and fluctuations for everything in between.  Sitting exactly at 60 fps is not normal unless you have v-sync.  Just look at the image you linked.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist.

Look at this image.  This is what you would expect with v-sync off, and it is not a flat line like yours.

http://cdn.overclock.net/e/e7/500x1000px-LL-e7d43d9f_afterburner.jpeg

Maybe v-sync is hard-coded into that specific game you are playing, try any other game and I am sure you will get higher utilization at 1080p.

tmCKW2F.png

No, what you're seeing is that as you increase the graphical load, the card is more fully utilized.

This should make sense, yeah?  If I asked you to lift a 2kg weight you're not going to exert 100% of your strength to do it.  Likewise, running a 980Ti at 1080p is like telling your GPU to drop and give you a hundred knee push ups.  It's just flopping around on the floor spitting out 60 FPS because you have a cap.

Honestly stop worrying about it and just play your fucking video games.  Your card is perfectly functional.

Also, I hope you realize most games have a Max FPS slider, and if you have that set to 60 fps it does essentially the same thing as v-sync.

Honestly stop worrying about it and just play your fucking video games. Your card is perfectly functional.

What a nice guy. I paid $650 bucks for the same or worse performance than a 2 year old card. I have every reason to bitch.

Also that game that I screen shotted was on one map.other maps I'm running 35-45fps. So no it's not functional.

Also, I hope you realize most games have a Max FPS slider, and if you have that set to 60 fps it does essentially the same thing as v-sync.

This game doesn't have a slider. I can lower the graphics and reach 80 fps.

It's just happens that when I took that screen shot I got an even 58-59 fps where I was at.

What a nice guy. I paid $650 bucks for the same or worse performance than a 2 year old card. I have every reason to bitch.

Also that game that I screen shotted was on one map.other maps I'm running 35-45fps. So no it's not functional.

Which has nothing to do with the GPU.

Here's the score.

You have vsync enabled in the Nvidia control panel, or something else artifically limiting the framerate to 60.  There's NO FUCKING WAY it's flatlining at 60 by coincidence.  

The card itself is working fine.  You can try reinstalling the drivers with a fresh install, but every indication to me here has been that it works perfectly.  (Although it'd be nice if you put clock speed in afterburner)

You bought a 980Ti to buy a game that runs on a toaster with a decent CPU, of course you're going to have low utilization.  As for why your framerate is so low I don't know, but I really don't think it's the GPU.  

Well, just looked at your firestrike score and it is quite bad.  Either you have a bad card, a bad video driver, have something set wrong in the nvidia control panel, have something set wrong in your motherboard's bios, or your card isn't getting sufficient power from your power supply.

Go through these steps.  Remove your card, remove the cables from your card and from the power supply, make sure the card is in the proper x16 slot, reattach power connectors, making sure that they are properly secured to both the card and the power supply.  Reset your motherboard's bios to optimized defaults, and possibly install the latest bios version for your motherboard, uninstall your video driver, and delete any leftover configuration files on the hard drive, clean install the newest drivers.

If all else fails then you either have a bad video card, or possibly a bad power supply, or possibly a bad motherboard.  Start by replacing the card, followed by the power supply, followed by the motherboard.

If all that fails then give up on building computers, or take it to a computer repair shop.