mx marathon, performance mx, or g602

willywillywily0

I've decided to finally upgrade from my cheapo mouse to something actually decent

so the question I have is which one from the title should I buy?

I like the mx marathon because it's cheap and has really good battery life. I like the g602 because of the amount of buttons it has and also the battery life. and I like the performance mx because of the ergonomics.

does the g602 have similar ergonomics to the other two?

MX performance's battery life is also great.

And about the buttons, you can reprogram all of them soo if you just need a few extra, it's fine

I usually program the zoom button and the window thingy. I don't use it so i have no idea what it actually does xD

Also, the fact you can let the mouse wheel scroll freely is more useful than you might think.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I have a g602 and love it . It has a great way of gripping it from any of the ways.

I've decided to finally upgrade from my cheapo mouse to something actually decent

I like the mx marathon because it's cheap and has really good battery life. I like the g602 because of the amount of buttons it has and also the battery life. and I like the performance mx because of the ergonomics.

Hi, please follow the topics that you create so that you can get notifications once someone posts in your thread :)

On the other hand, I have been using a G602 for the past 2 years and I have to say that the battery life still does not disappoint and the grip is very comfortable.

Do you play any games? If you do, get the G602. If you don't, go to a store and try out which one best fits your hand.

I play games but I'm not very competitive so gaming performance doesn't really matter too much to me

Honestly, you're going to be happy with either the Logitech M705 marathon mouse, or a Logitech G602.  Both can be bought for around $30 - $40 range.  Both are excellent mice, and both are fantastic bang-for-your-buck value.  I'd stay away from the Performance MX, because it has a short enough battery life (about 1-2  weeks) to make it a pain-in-the-rear to manage it;  is considerably more expensive;  and has marginal features over the other two mice that I'd consider to be useless (Darkfield is cool.  But honestly, how often do you find yourself mousing on a glass surface?)

Which mouse between the two you buy is up to you:

* Logitech M705 Marathon Mouse is a better mouse for "mobile" use, as a mouse you throw into a briefcase or laptop bag.  The simple design makes it easy to pull out and use, and even take some abuse banging around while carrying it around.  The battery life on this is fantastic (3+ years on 2x Alkaline AA batteries), which means you pretty much never need to think about battery life.

* The Logitech G602 is a better mouse for gaming and/or desktop use.  It has more features, a superior sensor (in terms of tracking accuracy, lack of acceleration and interpolation), higher USB refresh rates, and option for more programmable buttons / macros if that's your cup of tea.  The battery life is inferior to the Logitech M705 (about 2 months of typical use on 2x alkaline AA batteries), but still long enough to be "acceptable" for a wireless mouse, given the high performance features you get in return.

If you do end up buying either the Logitech M705 or G602, I'd actually recommend you buying Lithium AA batteries (and not just standard alkaline batteries).  Lithium batteries last about twice as long as alkaline batteries, bringing mouse life to around 5+ years and 2+ months respectively.  But more importantly, Lithium batteries are 33% lighter than alkaline batteries, which changes the mouse weighting profile.  Those two mice using Alkaline batteries will have a weight profile that is heavier and rear-balanced.  Using Lithium AA batteries will change the weight profile to be lighter and center-balanced, which is an ideal weight distribution profile for a mouse.

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs

does the g602 have the free scroll option?

Nope.

I love mine tho

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I have a Master MX, and it's very similar to the Performance MX. I love it. The ergonomics are amazing, so I'd say get the Performance MX. By the way, unless you are an ultra competitive csgo player, it's great for gaming. My Master MX feels great gaming, and I haven't noticed any difference in my k/d ratio in games like battlefield 4. The scroll wheel is amazing as well. If you are edging towards the performance, get it.