What's so interesting about MOBAs?

What's so interesting about MOBAs?

I could download the game myself and find our but my internet has been very slow lately.

I've always thought MOBAs are about clicking buttons and roaming around with your character.

Enlighten me.

It's a competitive type of RPG, to put it in the least complex way.

Plus with them being F2P and have so much attention on Twitch, people are going to be playing them a crap ton.

It's about 5v5. If you have friends, you can easily outplay the other team with strategy. All MOBA's offer different play styles. I have been playing Heroes of the Storm for about 4 months now, and it involves a lot of teamwork. I like it over Dota 2 (20 hours played,) and haven't played LoL, so I can't really comment on them.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

It's about 5v5. If you have friends, you can easily outplay the other team with strategy. All MOBA's offer different play styles. I have been playing Heroes of the Storm for about 4 months now, and it involves a lot of teamwork. I like it over Dota 2 (20 hours played,) and haven't played LoL, so I can't really comment on them.

What if my friends don't play MOBAs?

It's a competitive type of RPG, to put it in the least complex way.

Plus with them being F2P and have so much attention on Twitch, people are going to be playing them a crap ton.

There are F2P games like Warface, Warframe et cetera.

What makes MOBAs more popular than those first person shooters?

I read MOAB. thought this. im just going to go back to the anime section. 

MOABAFAM.JPG

fun fact: the grey things are grid fins. same tech is used for space x on the falcon 9. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

There are F2P games like Warface, Warframe et cetera.

What makes MOBAs more popular than those first person shooters?

They're more competitive and easier to learn.

If you don't go into a MOBA with a friend, it's likely not going to be too fun for you. The game will be interesting either way, but alone you are much more susceptible to the toxicity of the community.

MOBAs are a quick way to test your skills against people with a (relatively) even chance of victory. They play great with friends and offer a competitive option if you prefer to play solo. I assume that, coupled with being F2P, is the appeal.

If you don't go into a MOBA with a friend, it's likely not going to be too fun for you. The game will be interesting either way, but alone you are much more susceptible to the toxicity of the community.

MOBAs are a quick way to test your skills against people with a (relatively) even chance of victory. They play great with friends and offer a competitive option if you prefer to play solo. I assume that, coupled with being F2P, is the appeal.

Let's say my friends won't play MOBAs.

What's going to be the best MOBA for me if I want to have fun playing without Teamspeak and friends?

League of Legends, Dota, Heroes of Storm or something else?

What's going to be the best MOBA for me if I want to have fun playing without Teamspeak and friends?

The only one I have experience in solo is Heroes of the Storm. It was fun for a while, but I just didn't want to keep playing. I assume other games would lead to a similar experience.

You would think that a game that is only played in one map would get boring very quickly. This is far from the truth. All the matches that you play will feel very different from all the other ones.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

I've spent over 1700 hours on LoL, and I can easily say probably DOTA and LoL will take a lot of effort to get in to if you don't have a friend that's experienced in either of those games to play with. Here's a good video (two years outdated, but a lot of this still applies right now) that can help you start out if you wanna get in to LoL:

My best advice for you if you do actually play this game: Mute anyone who shit talks you because it will either distract you or discourage you from playing the game.

Other than that, I heard Heroes of the Storm is a casual friendly game so it might be worth checking out before Dota or League as an entry to the genre.

I read MOAB. thought this. im just going to go back to the anime section. 

MOABAFAM.JPG

fun fact: the grey things are grid fins. same tech is used for space x on the falcon 9. 

'MURICA!!!!

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

You can have a lot of fun without your friends or any communication programs. A lot of people play alonen, it's just that most of the time there's kind of a weird "silent cooperation". You can often play a full match without saying a word and still have some decent degree of teamwork. When you're playing with friends, the teamwork gets a lot more solid and "real". When deciding which "moba" to play, go for the ones your friends are playing, if they're not playing, go for the one that looks most interesting.

The only one I have experience in solo is Heroes of the Storm. It was fun for a while, but I just didn't want to keep playing. I assume other games would lead to a similar experience.

Just curious, did you feel like there wasn't enough variety because of the limited hero pool and steep price of heroes? I've heard some people are very turned off by it, unlike Dota 2 where you get 100+ heroes off the bat and LoL that has a decent pool of champions rotating each week, with a fair pricing.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

The community of course.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

It fun because its competative, meaning that you play to win. For me personally (I can think many would feel the same) I love to win. But to win you need those bad ass skillz and tactics, and coordinating will be easier with friends. If you are thinking about starting on a moba game I would recomend LOL becasue it has a easier learning curve than for example Dota. Try to ignore the idiots that flame when you play.

Cpu: Intel i7 6700k Mobo: ASUS Maximus VIII Formula Ram: G.Skill RipjawsV 3200Mhz C14 16Gb Gpu: Gigabyte 980ti Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Psu: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2

You can have a lot of fun without your friends or any communication programs. A lot of people play alonen, it's just that most of the time there's kind of a weird "silent cooperation". You can often play a full match without saying a word and still have some decent degree of teamwork. When you're playing with friends, the teamwork gets a lot more solid and "real". When deciding which "moba" to play, go for the ones your friends are playing, if they're not playing, go for the one that looks most interesting.

Just curious, did you feel like there wasn't enough variety because of the limited hero pool and steep price of heroes? I've heard some people are very turned off by it, unlike Dota 2 where you get 100+ heroes off the bat and LoL that has a decent pool of champions rotating each week, with a fair pricing.

I don't spend money on F2P games, so the relatively low gold you got from winning a game or completing a quest versus the high cost of heroes (especially the 10,000 ones) was a bit of a turnoff, but I was mostly talking about not having friends to play with. That was the only game I went into alone and, even though I liked it, my friends didn't have the beta and weren't interested in applying for it, so I didn't want to play anymore.

it's complicated on every different view, or field for every single person, but ofcourse there will be similarity from each others.

it's like asking what interesting about Chess, and when I'm personally have no interest mastering that game/sport or whatever you want to call it.

and yet there's a GRAND MASTER title for that game

but again, it's moba, it's more like Basket ball if you want compare it head to head

it's require skills, endurance, teamwork, timing, support, backup, point guard, etc.

and it will always be different experience when you fight against different teams

even if you against the same team, they might use different strategy as well.

and since MOBA is competitive games just like any sports, you might expect someone to insult you when you bad at it, aren't you going to upset when you know a person that doesn't even know what they doing in your team?

I mean I'm suck with basket balls (or any sports in general), and I don't play it (or doing any sports in general) but that doesn't make me hate sports for being exist.

There's learning curve here and there, try to build your own community, add new friends, and get to know each other and make your own team (or join one you prefer), and then without realizing you will have fun doesn't matter how your team is losing or winning. Learn your mistake, improve your timing etc, that's how you get better.

That's how community based games works, it makes you interact with each other whether you like or not.