Interesting Documentary about the Kalashnikov

SuperPug

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

What's so interesting about a gun that was designed to kill.

It's like talking about a stick with a stone attached. One purpose that is not interesting at all.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It's like talking about a stick with a stone attached. One purpose that is not interesting at all.

I'm fairly interested in how a gun works on a mechanical level. That's just how I approach most objects. I assume there are other people who like it because of that.

In about a month I'm going to get very familiar with an AK derivative.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

The interesting part about an AK is its simplicity, and very low cost to manufacture. 

It' not a perfect rifle, but it does have its merits. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Is this tumblr or what is going on? I find it interesting... do you play fps games? If so whats so interesing about shooting virtual people?

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Is this tumblr or what is going on? I find it interesting... do you play fps games? If so whats so interesing about shooting virtual people?

Let it go, there is no reason to turn a thread which started on the basis of a mechanical discussion into a discussion about the morality of the rifle. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

the narrarator sounds like this guy, who also made a 'documentary' on the AK 47 (in games)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Things get even more interesting when you start looking into the switch from 7.62x39 to 5.45x39. 

the narrarator sounds like this guy, who also made a 'documentary' on the AK 47 (in games)

Yes totally! I was wondering if it was Ahoy... :P

@ZetZet It's not just the idea that it was made to kill. It's the AK47's legendary reputation for being simple, cheap to manufacture, easy to maintain and being able to fire straight after being buried in a swamp with no problems. And contrary to popular belief, if you can get a good one, it's actually very good for sharpshooting. There aren't a lot of rifles that are that well-designed. I mean, you can call them terrorist weapons and evil anti-democratic communist weapons all you like, fact of the matter is that it's a very very effective weapon for a lot of things and it's not expensive, and that's why it's so popular.

I'm fairly interested in how a gun works on a mechanical level. That's just how I approach most objects. I assume there are other people who like it because of that.

In about a month I'm going to get very familiar with an AK derivative.

Got the conscription going on? I'm having it after high school (so at least one more year).

And the derivative in question is RK 62, if I'm not mistaken? Highly doubt that the low budget for the military (or anything, for that matter. Budget cuts everywhere...) would allow conscripts RK 95 TP's...

One thing I'm wondering about, is that why were RK's necessary to make for the first place, and not just use AK's instead? Sure, they are mildly more durable and/or lighter due to all the plastic, but cost significantly more to manufacture.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Got the conscription going on? I'm having it after high school (so at least one more year).

And the derivative in question is RK 62, if I'm not mistaken? Highly doubt that the low budget for the military (or anything, for that matter. Budget cuts everywhere...) would allow conscripts RK 95 TP's...

Yes, 6.7.2015 to be exact.

I think we get the 62's. A foldable stock would be way too high tech for us.

Yes, 6.7.2015 to be exact.

I think we get the 62's. A foldable stock would be way too high tech for us.

Heh heh. Not necessarily too high-tech, but way too expensive, given all the budget cuts in every department possible, studying and healthcare included, plus the very useless military of ours...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Heh heh. Not necessarily too high-tech, but way too expensive, given all the budget cuts in every department possible, studying and healthcare included, plus the very useless military of ours...

Looking in the internet it does seem that we'd get RK-95s in Säkylä(where I'm going)

Looking in the internet it does seem that we'd get RK-95s in Säkylä(where I'm going)

O_o

That was a surprise. How could they afford this? Other places use 62's just because they are cheaper, and as they are already in use, why not continue re-using them? Though only conscripts continue to use 62s as far as I know, on actual use they'd use 95's just because at least that uses NATO standard cartridges (even though we're not in NATO, not yet, and maybe not in the future, seeing the (almost) pointless fear for Russia that still lives amongst citizens).

O_o

That was a surprise. How could they afford this? Other places use 62's just because they are cheaper, and as they are already in use, why not continue re-using them? Though only conscripts continue to use 62s as far as I know, on actual use they'd use 95's just because at least that uses NATO standard cartridges (even though we're not in NATO, not yet, and maybe not in the future, seeing the (almost) pointless fear for Russia that still lives amongst citizens).

I think all RK variants are still 7,62x39.

But we haven't made new rifles since they 90's.

So I guess they just gave the most experienced soldiers the 95's and dumped the rest somewhere.

Wiki says the RK-95 is in 7.62x39, is this not correct?

7.62x39 is not a NATO cartridge, it's a soviet cartridge.

I'm fairly sure it's still the soviet 7,62 calibre

O_o

The gun goes bang and people fall over. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I think all RK variants are still 7,62x39.

But we haven't made new rifles since they 90's.

So I guess they just gave the most experienced soldiers the 95's and dumped the rest somewhere.

I'm fairly sure it's still the soviet 7,62 calibre

My mistake. Been so long since I learned all of this.