980 Ti SLI Revew - 4K & 1440 Benchmarks | Overclocking

NBKJOKER732

Actual ultra, unlike what other websites and channels run. I don't turn down anything including anti-aliasing. I cover this in my video at length.

So you run shit like SSAA and MSAA at 4K?

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

+1

It helps ALOT with higher than 1080p gaming... Its really simple. The faster your memory clock, the more data you can get in and out of memory in the same time = better performance.

+2

Definitely should look into OC'ing the memory :) makes a noticeable difference, or more so than you may have originally thought

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

lol I found your youtube channel like 2 weeks ago when looking up Withcer 3 stuff. Now I see you here!

My girl friend asked me to kiss her where it stinks, so I brought her to New Jersey

:P

fuck Jersey. No left turns. And yes, I'm from LI

feel better from the surgery

wow no luv for the NJ folks

fine i see how its gonna be

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I just watched a benchmark from JayzTwoCents but it did not feature 980 SLI or 980 Ti SLI but it did have 970 SLI.

Has to be a cpu bottleneck right? In Jayz review a single reference 980 Ti oc to 1400Mhz gets 90fps in GTA V while a higher oc 980 Ti Hybrid got 94fps. No way a single 980 Ti should beat 980 Ti SLI. 970 SLI did 105 fps at 1440p.

Metro Last Light benchmark. 980 Ti reference got 94fps while 970 SLI got 108fps. OP test shows 980 TI SLI getting 89.1fps at 1440p.

Thanks. Had to check it out. The 4k benchmarks he has are really low as well. Don't know till he shows his pc specs. I did not watch his whole video so I could of missed op's specs. Op is missing out on a lot. The 980 Ti SLI is bottlenecked and being held down. Sad day.  :(

@NBKJOKER732 unleash those bad boys and get a better cpu or overclock it. It is holding you back.

I don't think it's a CPU bottleneck. I'd expect the same FPS for both 1440p and 2160p if that were the case, but 1440p is higher. It's possible that 4k is laying on the MSAA here or something, but something is definitely up with the results.

Great benchmark video tumbs up.

if you crank up all the filters and AA to the max on 4k, you see massive performance hits on the 980 sli´s.

Has allot to do with the memory bus.

With my overclocked Titan X, I average 49 fps in the Metro LL benchmark with everything turned as high as possible, EXCEPT for SSAA because is redundant at 4K.

Compare that to his 53.7 fps 980 OC SLI and 59.9 980TI OC SLI, respectively. That is why something initially seemed off.

Nice

i love how people can just drop $2k on new GPU's and a monitor

Still rocking a Strix 970, only on 1080p though

It is all preference. I am willing to spend more on something I enjoy.

Actual ultra, unlike what other websites and channels run. I don't turn down anything including anti-aliasing. I cover this in my video at length.

List your specs please.

I don't think it's a CPU bottleneck. I'd expect the same FPS for both 1440p and 2160p if that were the case, but 1440p is higher. It's possible that 4k is laying on the MSAA here or something, but something is definitely up with the results.

It has to be something. Even at max settings my single gpu is matching his benchmarks. No way possible and I have not overclocked it yet. I don't have all the games he has so I can't give out my results.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

It has to be something. Even at max settings my single gpu is matching his benchmarks. No way possible and I have not overclocked it yet. I don't have all the games he has so I can't give out my results.

I wonder if he's running 8K with DSR or something lol

Wait wait wait. DA:I is more demanding than The Witcher 3? Really?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

No, just more poorly optimized.

Hey, what's up slunts?

The Witcher 3 doesn't have MSAA.

That makes a huge performance hit. (And probably exceeds the 4 GB Vram too at 4K)

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti