Arc Under Water [Bitspower, EK, and Alphacool deliciousness]

failwheeldrive

Appreciate it :D

I got the new lighting gear in today (second LED strip, new LEDs for the GPU block, and switches for controlling them) so I'll update later once I get them sleeved and installed.

I just wanted to drop in to say thank you to Linus and Slick for featuring Arc Under Water on build logs of the week, you guys made my night!  The competition was stiff, and I'm flattered to be in such fine company :D

And thanks again to everyone who liked and commented on my build, it really does mean a lot!  I'm working on the computer as we speak, so I'll update with some new pics shortly.

Very nice build. Congrats on BOTW, well-deserved. 

Build Logs          

Little Red Build Log (HAF XB)            Project Tomb Raider (HAF 912 Mod)

Pollia Condensata Build Log (Showcase PC)            American Patriot (Red White and Blue Build)

Great build!!! like the comment over says. Congrats on making it to BOTW!! 
I want to do a custom water loop. but wow... if you don't mind me asking how much money (USA dollars) does something like this cost? 

Great Job man, love every bit of it!

Thanks!

Very nice build. Congrats on BOTW, well-deserved. 

Thanks bud, and to you as well!

Great build!!! like the comment over says. Congrats on making it to BOTW!! 

I want to do a custom water loop. but wow... if you don't mind me asking how much money (USA dollars) does something like this cost? 

Thanks erick!  The total cost is going to vary a lot based on the parts you end up using and what you want to water cool.  There are a lot of variables at play, like whether you buy all new gear (recommended for most parts, though it's sometimes ok to go used on something like a radiator or block as long as they're in good shape and properly cleaned/flushed,) what brands you go with, how many rads you need, the style of pump and res, whether you go with compression or barb fittings, etc.  I don't have a firm figure on how much all of my wc parts cost, but if I had to guess it would probably be around a grand.  It could have been done for much less though.  A single GPU and CPU loop could be done for as little as $400-450 or so if you go with something like an XSPC RX360 kit with D5 vario and a cheaper GPU water block.  You can put together a nice custom loop with a rad or two and compression fittings for $500-750.  If you want to go with higher end parts and leave a lot of room for loop expansion, then expect to spend $800-1000 and up.  Another large factor is where you live and what retailer you order from.  Parts are normally cheapest in the States, so you'll probably pay more if you live in other parts of the world.

If you're just looking for a better idea of how much it'll cost you, it would be a good idea to go online to one of your local retailers and check prices on CPU and GPU blocks, radiators+fans, fittings, pump, reservoir, tubing, and any extras you may want (like coolant, pump/res accessories, GPU back plates, etc.)  It can be overwhelming at first, but reading through the water cooling sections and build logs here and on other forums was really helpful for me.  It's time consuming and pretty expensive, but it's one of the most rewarding hobbies I've ever had.  Shoot me a pm if you need any tips on choosing parts or planning your loop!

Congrats on the Buildlog of the week. Truly deserved, absolutly magnifiscent looking piece. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

This looks amazing! I just don't know what to say. This is just spectacular in every way!

Nice pc. It even has a pussy inside it.

Amd FX 6300,Noctua NH-L9x65 CPU cooler ASRock 980DE3/U3S3, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Nvidia Gt 440, 1x 120 gb Kingston Savage SSD,1x 1Tb WD Hdd 1 x 320 gb WD HDD, 1x 640 WD HDD.

GG!! :D

gz on botw!

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Looks great man, The kitten was a great touch lol

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

This is one sexy beast

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

congratz

really nice rig,

like i said i like green theme and your is one of the best

Thanks Snef, means a lot coming from someone with your talent!

Congrats on the Buildlog of the week. Truly deserved, absolutly magnifiscent looking piece. 

Much appreciated :)

This looks amazing! I just don't know what to say. This is just spectacular in every way!

Ty sir!

Nice pc. It even has a pussy inside it.

I lol'd :D

poor kitten

no kittens were harmed in the making of this rig :p

I'm confused, why isn't the cat it the final build? He added so much to the system :)

lol it was too hard keeping her inside, I need some heavy duty double sided tape!

GG!! :D

gz on botw!

thanks!

Looks great man, The kitten was a great touch lol

Glad you like it :D

This is one sexy beast

Thanks!

Daaaayum!!!1 looks grat :D

Appreciate it MekaMain!

I hit a few snags finishing up the lighting over the weekend, but I've finally got it all up and running after a couple hours of cutting and soldering (damn wires on the led strip broke... twice lol.)  I was going to take some updated pics tonight but I'm way too tired, so I'll be sure to do it tomorrow and upload them when I'm done.  Perhaps I'll throw in a few daylight pics this time :D

Thanks again for all the kind words and support!  It really means a lot!

Great work

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

Props!

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Thanks guys!  Sorry I haven't updated with more pics in the last few days, I've been housesitting for a family friend and I forgot to bring my friggin camera.  Going home tomorrow though, so I can do it then.  It's a bummer though, because the house I'm at now has an awesome theater room that is perfect for pics... black carpet and total darkness would be perfect for "night" shots.