Arc Under Water [Bitspower, EK, and Alphacool deliciousness]

failwheeldrive
  • 3 weeks later...

@failwheeldrive

I had read that I should never use Mayhem's coolant with Primochill tubing. Have you had any issues with yours?

EDIT: Apparently Advanced LRT is compatible with Mayhems now.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

that looks really cool i like it 

good job  :)

fractal define r4 - msi z77 mpower - i5 3570k 4.5ghz -alphacool water cooling+noctua -gtx 780ti-1323mhz-1.25v - corsair ax760i -vertex 4 120gb x2 - 840 evo 500gb - asus xonar dgx 

corsair k70 - logitech g502 - sennheiser game zero - logitech z906 5.1 -samsung 46" iiyama 27"144hz - http://gabegaming.com/

Leak testing/flushing.  I used the kitten in case something sprung a leak.  Kitties make great sponges.

IMG_1289_zps16c2a77f.jpg

Oh god the static damage x_x

I know your mailbox...

It looks really really sweet but the cpu area looks really dark 

Corsair 350d, Asus Gryphon Z87, Intel i5 4670k 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengence 16gb 1600 MHz,

AMD Radeon 260x, Corsair CX600, OCZ Vetex 450 128gb, Seagate 2 TB 

It looks really really sweet but the cpu area looks really dark 

Yeah I hadn't finished the lighting when I took those pics.  I ended up fixing it, but never got around to taking new pics before tearing down the system lol.  New build log incoming.

IMG_1495_zps137efa67.jpg

Noooo...!This build is going away it's way to beautiful and I loved everything even your kitteh <3.

OT,At first I was like only 2 240 rads?I looked at Fractals website thinking you could take the ODD off and use 360rad but you can't?

Wierd the Arc Mini R2 can use 360rad and 240rad.

slightly off topic but what does the 56k warning mean? ive seen it on some build logs. does it have to do with amount of pictures and data they take up?

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

slightly off topic but what does the 56k warning mean? ive seen it on some build logs. does it have to do with amount of pictures and data they take up?

That if you have 56k internet with is dial up its not suggested to click on that cause it might slow your computer down and your internet (feel free to correct me)

Awesome, Can't wait to see your next project :).

• 1 month later...

Noooo...!This build is going away it's way to beautiful and I loved everything even your kitteh <3.

OT,At first I was like only 2 240 rads?I looked at Fractals website thinking you could take the ODD off and use 360rad but you can't?

Wierd the Arc Mini R2 can use 360rad and 240rad.

Sorry for the late response, it's been a while since I've checked up on this thread. Thanks for the compliments, I'm sad to see this build go as well but it was necessary for me to move on to other projects. Wish I had the funds to build more than one main system at a time lol. As for the rads, it's a 240 up top and a 280 up front. You're right about a 360 fitting in this case, but it would require sacrificing the 5.25 bays so I decided to stick with a 240. The midi r2's drive bays are riveted in, unlike the mini r2's which can be unscrewed.

That if you have 56k internet with is dial up its not suggested to click on that cause it might slow your computer down and your internet (feel free to correct me)

You're totally right, putting 56k in thread titles is just a habit from the old days when most people still had dialup lol. I guess it's pretty pointless by now though :P

Awesome, Can't wait to see your next project :).

Appreciate it bud, almost done sourcing parts for the next rig so a build log will start soon :)

• 9 months later...

daaaaang son! that's a hell of a nice rig you got there boy!

• 4 months later...

howd you get the monsta 240 in the front without modding?