Arc Under Water [Bitspower, EK, and Alphacool deliciousness]

failwheeldrive

Awesome work man,  I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner.That green really pops!    

Thanks Josh!  No worries, you can make it up to us by making more vids with Linus :D Perhaps a guest spot on the WAN show?

I like how u made fun of Linus being 5'9. LOL jk

Linus is 5'9? lol Josh must what, 7'6 :p

Wow that's beautiful! Oh, nice looking computer too. :) 

Seriously though, that's pretty awesome looking. I'm not a fan of green but it works really well here.

I don't know if I like the kitten or the computer better.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Love the color scheme, build looks great. Kudos! 

Amazing

My Rig: i5 3570k at 4.2 GHz 1.12 Volts, Hyper 212 Evo, Maximus V Gene, RM650, 840 Pro and Seagate Barracuda, 8 GB of Sniper Ram, and a GTX 770.

I absolutely love this build. I'm planning on doing a similar build but with darker green coolant (it's a great coincidence that I found your build log).  You took out all of the cages, so where did you put your hard drive(s)?

Did you manage to get positive air pressure in the case? (I can't figure out a good way without making the back fan an intake in addition to the front rad fans.

Do you know if modding would be required to get a 140 rad in the front? I think the case comes with a 140mm fan by default, but you had to drill your own mounting holes, so I'm a little confused.

Sorry for so many questions, but this build is a godsend for me since I was planning/hoping to build something like this.

EDIT: I see the SSDs behind the mobo tray, so did you not use any HDDs?

@failwheeldrive

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

That looks epic dude.

GOOD JOB!!

I absolutely love this build. I'm planning on doing a similar build but with darker green coolant (it's a great coincidence that I found your build log).  You took out all of the cages, so where did you put your hard drive(s)?

Did you manage to get positive air pressure in the case? (I can't figure out a good way without making the back fan an intake in addition to the front rad fans.

Do you know if modding would be required to get a 140 rad in the front? I think the case comes with a 140mm fan by default, but you had to drill your own mounting holes, so I'm a little confused.

Sorry for so many questions, but this build is a godsend for me since I was planning/hoping to build something like this.

EDIT: I see the SSDs behind the mobo tray, so did you not use any HDDs?

@failwheeldrive

Thanks man, really appreciate it!  Yup, I just have two 256gb 840 Pros mounted behind the motherboard tray.  I have to make a couple of cuts in order to fit the 280mm Monsta up front.  With the top and bottom stop fittings in, the rad wouldn't match up with the front fan mounts, so I made two cuts at the bottom of the 5.25" bays for the stop fittings to go through, and another cut at the bottom of the case to access the bottom stop fitting for a drain port.  With the cuts the 280mm rad matches up with the fan mounts fine.  If you're planning on using a different 280mm rad you may not need to make any cuts, it just depends on the total height of the rad with the stop fittings installed.  

Hope this helps, and I'm looking forward to seeing your build!

That looks epic dude.

GOOD JOB!!

Thanks man!

@failwheeldrive

None of your photos work anymore

Thanks for the heads up, reached Photobucket's bandwidth limit.  I'm reuploading them to a new hosting site now, so the pics will be working again soon.  

Added latest pics to the first post.  Sorry I still haven't updated guys, I've been completely remaking all my cables from scratch and it's taking forever lol.  

Latest Pics (Warning 56k):

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so I figured I'd use this thread to introduce myself and share the build I've been working on the past few months.  This build started out as a 7970-powered Bitfenix Prodigy that I got through a trade back in March/April for an Alienware M14x.  I liked the build so much that I decided to sell my main setup at the time (a maxed out Alienware M18x r2 with a 3920XM and 680m sli) to focus on desktop building and modding.  Since then, the build has gone through countless stages, while growing in scope and performance to what you'll see here.  As much as I liked the little Prodigy, it was parted out piece by piece until absolutely everything was brand new.  The last iteration was an NZXT Phantom 630 (mostly air cooled except for an H100i) with decent performance and aesthetics (Titan Superclocked, 4770k, etc) but I wasn't happy with the weight of the chassis, unused internal space, and cooling.  I decided I would downsize the build some while substantially increasing gaming and cooling performance.  I wanted a case with minimalistic styling that would accommodate a full sized ATX motherboard and high end water cooling, all in the smallest and most efficient package possible.  The one case that really stood out was the Fractal Design Arc Midi r2.  The subdued aesthetics and offset radiator mounts hooked me from the very beginning, so I ordered the case and began planning out the build from there.  After collecting all the parts, I started the final build a few weeks ago, and now it's basically completed.  I had a longer build log over on OCN, but now that it's about done I figured I'll keep it pretty short here so you guys can see the near-finished pics I took today.

I suppose that's enough background info, so I'll go ahead and list the specs and post the pics.

Hardware:
Fractal Design Arc Midi r2
Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5
Intel i7 4770k
GTX Titan Superclocked
Corsair AX850 with fully sleeved custom cables by Ensourced https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ensourced-Custom-Sleeved-Cables/351225731619723
8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133mhz
2x 256gb Samsung 840 Pro

Cooling:
Bitspower Summit EF Nickel plated
EK FC Titan Special Edition water block (Original CSQ)
EK-FC Bridge SINGLE CSQ - Plexi
EK-FC Titan SE Backplate - Black
Bitspower Matte Black 3/8" ID 5/8" OD compression fittings
Primochill Advanced LRT
XSPC D5 Vario
Bitspower D5 Mod Top v2 (POM)
Bitspower D5 Mod Kit (Matte Black)
Bitspower Dual / Single D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150 (Black POM Cap)
Bitspower Z-CAP II With G1/4" x3 ( POM Version )
Phobya G-Changer 240mm (top radiator)
Alphacool NexXxos Monsta 280mm (front radiator)
Phobya Touch 6 Fan Controller
4x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PK-3
2x Noiseblocker NB-Eloop
Mint Green Mayhems Pastel (Mixed with Mayhems Ultra Pure H2O

Future Upgrades
GTX Titan sli

Why cant i see the pictures linked from photobucket ?

I'm over my bandwidth limit for the month and don't want to pay to have it upgraded lol.  They should become visible again sometime today.

That coolant is so cool looking. Nice neat cable management too

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Why cant i see the pictures linked from photobucket ?

Did you know that you can quote him without including the entire first post with all the pictures in it?

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

Leak testing/flushing.  I used the kitten in case something sprung a leak.  Kitties make great sponges.

IMG_1289_zps16c2a77f.jpg

i use my dog for that 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Nice cable sleeving and the color scheme of the build was fantastic from the green liquid to the cat it was one of the best I have seen so far keep up the good work :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again guys for all the kind words and support.  Just thought I'd share a little teaser for the next build I'm doing... the Arc is being dismantled soon and split into two separate builds.  Anyway, major upgrades ahead :D

IMG_1490_zps1d70d939.jpg

clean, and sleaving is so sexy. 

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

Thanks Josh! No worries, you can make it up to us by making more vids with Linus :D Perhaps a guest spot on the WAN show?

Linus is 5'9? lol Josh must what, 7'6 :P

LOL just saw this!!! 7'6!? Hahahaha nah I presumed Linus was 5'9. Well if he is, @Josh & Slick would be 6'4 psshhh xD

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, can I use the pictures of you build in a school calender project? I'm not going to sell it, it's only for personal use.

Totally, totally awesome build!!

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev. 2.0)    Micron C400 256GB SSD     MSI GTX 660 Ti PE OC     Logitech G510

Intel i7 960 @ 4.125GHz                        WD Black 1TB                         Windows 7 Pro 64bit        Logitech G9x

Kingston HyperX 6GB                             Corsair TX850M                     Corsair H50                        Logitech z906

My GOD!! That is the sexiest Arc build I've ever seen.

rawr!! I'm a ferret!