Is a mechanical keyboard useful?

yoshiii

Hello

I use my pc for graphic design, 3D design, rendering, animation, and movie making and some gaming.

Is a mechanical keyboard useful for me?

For gaming, yes. For all that other stuff, no, you won't benefit. If you have some extra cash to burn then invest in a K70 or G710+, if gaming matters to you.

:)

Its nice just to have a better feel.

Does the quicker responce and all that matter?

IMO no, thats why im on a 1998 mechanical keyboard

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It's mostly just a luxury item.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

There is no translatable performance benefit between a membrane and mechanical keyboard with similar features except switches. Mechanical keyboards are more comfortable to type on, and tend to be built better because they are on average more expensive. People say one benefit of mechanical keyboards are that they have better build quality than membrane keyboards.... and they should, they cost 50 to 100 dollars more! 

I've been using the same ducky for 3 years and while i've had urges to get a smaller 60% keyboard, I probably won't need to buy another keyboard for a very long time. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

More expensive but they feel a little nicer to use.

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

Hello

I use my pc for graphic design, 3D design, rendering, animation, and movie making and some gaming.

Is a mechanical keyboard useful for me?

Depends, how fast can you type on your current keyboard?

For gaming, yes. For all that other stuff, no, you won't benefit. If you have some extra cash to burn then invest in a K70 or G710+, if gaming matters to you.

:)

Subjective man!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||