Tell Fractal Design to make a mouse and a keyboard

Guest Kloaked

So Fractal Josh told Jay's stream last week that if we had any product suggestions that we should go to their contact page and you know, suggest products.

I did that just now, because I would like to own a Fractal keyboard and mouse. I'd love their minimalist design on those two things. So you should go do that if you agree.

This is what I put down.

Wl0krVI.png?3

But why? There is already so many mouses....

Mice.

And Fractal can probably make better ones.

Mice.

You sure have a lot of faith in Fractal to be able to claim that a company that hasn't set foot in the peripherals area is able to make better mice and keyboards.

In all honesty, I can't see Fractal pulling it off, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Mice.

What makes you think that Fractal can make good mouse or keyboard? I mean... I love their cases but I am not sure if they could compete with peripherals vs other brands.

You sure have a lot of faith in Fractal to be able to claim that a company that hasn't set foot in the peripherals area is able to make better mice and keyboards.

In all honesty, I can't see Fractal pulling it off, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

What makes you think that Fractal can make good mouse or keyboard? I mean... I love their cases but I am not sure if they could compete with peripherals vs other brands.

EVGA managed to make a good mouse, case in point.

EVGA managed to make a good mouse, case in point.

A Fractal mouse that's very simple and well designed with a good sensor... I don't think there'd be anything better than it.

let fractal handle the aesthetic design, let logitech handle the ergonomics, and then make it 145 grams using the same sensor as the G502 and you'd have the perfect mouse. (basically a better looking G502)

I'd like to see them make a GOOD membrane keyboard. Bc i don't like mechanical exactly and it's cheaper.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The FD fanboyism in this thread... Oh man

Give me a sec to tell the hospital I'll need chemo

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

FRACTAL DESIGN <3

It's fanboying to want a product for gamers who don't want the excessive "gamer" shit all over it?

It wasnt designed by EVGA, just saying.

Then you could "just say" who designed it.

A very well known taiwanese Design Studio.

Thanks for sharing exactly who it was. Answers my question thoroughly!

Regardless, my previous points still stand. I don't see what the problem is.

It's fanboying to want a product for gamers who don't want the excessive "gamer" shit all over it?

No. But a lot of people in this thread are all "FD is perfect and if they did make x it would be the best on the market!".

Wasn't talking about OP anyways.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Eh, Fractal, I believe have their place in the market when it comes to making cases, plus the keyboard and mouse market is pretty saturated as it is. If you're wanting something sleek that will match the professional design of a Define case, get a keyboard from companies like Filco or Das Keyboard. They already make top quality keyboards. As for mice, why not Logitech? Especially their older stuff, it's not plastered with gamer crap on it. 

There's no need for Fractal to enter the keyboard and mouse business. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

No. But a lot of people in this thread are all "FD is perfect and if they did make x it would be the best on the market!".

Wasn't talking about OP anyways.

Literally no one in this thread has said anything like that.

Eh, Fractal, I believe have their place in the market when it comes to making cases, plus the keyboard and mouse market is pretty saturated as it is. If you're wanting something sleek that will match the professional design of a Define case, get a keyboard from companies like Filco or Das Keyboard. They already make top quality keyboards. As for mice, why not Logitech? Especially their older stuff, it's not plastered with gamer crap on it.

There's no need for Fractal to enter the keyboard and mouse business.

You can say that about any company.

You can say that about any company.

Say what? That their strength are in building cases? 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Literally no one in this thread has said anything like that.

Not those exact words. Reading between the lines, that's what you get. When I was reading this thread last night, there was a post I was going to use as example. Forget which one it is now.

Say what? That their strength are in building cases?

Should companies just not ever branch out if they have the resources?

That's so dumb to think.

Should companies just not ever branch out if they have the resources?

That's so dumb to think.

I never said that. I said I don't think Fractal themselves should do that, especially into an over saturated market as it is. I just don't think it would be wise for them to enter the market. They could take their design expertise and move into something a little different though. Something like desks. I don't see why, a company that makes great looking cases that have outstanding constructional integrity couldn't move that expertise into something like desks. Maybe do something that Lian Li did with a desk and computer case combo, but have some kind of a Fractal twist, like sound dampening, or super sleek designs, or, both.