CS:GO Ranking system is laughable (not a rant)

WereCat

OK, I know there is several topics like this one but I just have to post this (sorry :D ).

I played around 50 ranked games in CS:GO and I got to the highest silver rank there is. Then I stopped playing for around 4-5 months and I lost my rank and becomed unranked. I recently decided to try again and I played only 3 games so far. I lost first one, won seccond one and tie third one. And suddenly I am Gold Nova 2. What the hell? It makes 0 sense.

I think that this should be evidence for those that really care about rank that they should stop care and just enjoy the damn game because the ranking system is so flawed that it is just doing whatever it wants. BUT I am not sure if there was any changes regarding ranking systems since I didnt played for quite som time so I dont really know if that is the reason for this strange rank jump.

As a Silver Elite, I enjoyed this post xD

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

I fail to see how the ranking system is laughable.  You prob played better then the ranked people.  So it put you at a higher rank. I mean unless you were on the bottom of the list every game and got a higher rank ?

I got n3 after 45 games, started from silver 3. Its not that hard to get ranked up, sometimes it just takes ages. It is a joke though, i got ranked up to n3 for 2 kills 25 deaths. It was a fun game through, my trolling efforts where rewarded.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

As a Silver Elite, I enjoyed this post xD

:)

I fail to see how the ranking system is laughable.  You prob played better then the ranked people.  So it put you at a higher rank. I mean unless you were on the bottom of the list every game and got a higher rank ?

But how it can determine what rank it should make me after playing only 3 games? And no I was not on the bottom of the list but I sure was quite rusty after not playing so long and I could tell that right now I sure shouldnt be Gold Nova 2.

Yeah CS:GO ranking system makes no sense.

There was a time when I went on a 4 losing streak consistently placing around the middle of the scoreboard while my friend had won like 5 in a row placing either at the top or near the top of the score board. We went to play a game together and managed to win with me in the centre of the score board again with like 1 MVP medal while he was at the top with multiple MVP medals but lo and behold I somehow got promoted in to Gold nova master while he was still sitting in Nova 3.

I really don't get it, he has more play time and is a better player than me in literally every way yet I normally end up getting ranked up first for some reason. Its getting really annoying especially seeing as there's no way I'm good enough to be up against Nova masters.       

Just to give you a heads up, after not playing for a while, not sure if it's a week or a month, your rank becomes hidden, it doesn't go away.

Your rank only becomes visible if, I think, you win and/or tie in a match.

Since you won and then tied, you must have performed better than you did before, at least in the system's eyes, and got promoted.

So no, it isn't laughable, you just don't know how it works.

Was DMG when I stopped playing 4 months ago and was on at least a 3 loss streak.Come back after 4 months, play 2 comps, lose first win 2nd and bam 1 win promo to LE rofl.

Also heard there was a VAC bam wave again while I was gone anf that supposedly the LE players arent as good as the old LEs(who prob now GE) used to be and I did notice it is easier in DMG/LE/LEM games now. But I dont know if ill keep playing, this game can get rlly addictive, I wanted to stop at 1500hrs but since I played a bit from Saturday i now have more than 1522 hrs fk this game lol

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

OK, I know there is several topics like this one but I just have to post this (sorry :D ).

I played around 50 ranked games in CS:GO and I got to the highest silver rank there is. Then I stopped playing for around 4-5 months and I lost my rank and becomed unranked. I recently decided to try again and I played only 3 games so far. I lost first one, won seccond one and tie third one. And suddenly I am Gold Nova 2. What the hell? It makes 0 sense.

I think that this should be evidence for those that really care about rank that they should stop care and just enjoy the damn game because the ranking system is so flawed that it is just doing whatever it wants. BUT I am not sure if there was any changes regarding ranking systems since I didnt played for quite som time so I dont really know if that is the reason for this strange rank jump.

You know that's not a very high rank? Anyone who has just picked up the game can get that easy.. Most of my friends who just pick up the game can get Nova 2-4 and have never played CSGO in their life.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

You know that's not a very high rank? Anyone who has just picked up the game can get that easy.. Most of my friends who just pick up the game can get Nova 2-4 and have never played CSGO in their life.

Well... Friend that plays it constantly and is definitely better than me is gold nova 3 so that is strange for me.

i got nova 4 from after 10 games

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i got nova 4 from after 10 games

Did you started playing recently?

I started last year and I had to play 10 games in order to qualify. I won 7 lost 3 and it made me Silver 3.

It's an ELO system, it works just fine. You're rank didn't disappear, it was still there as a reference for the system, you played better than you did when you were silver so you got a better rank.

I think it's based on DM.....so if you can kill a lot of people but have shit tactics overall, you'll still be in Gold....like me!!! xD

Try Titan Fall's. Consistently would go on a 30 AI kill streak, lose a rank chit. Shoot and kill an enemy player, gain like 1% or loose like 3 chits. Do either one of those again, suddenly gain 10% or a full rank chit. Go more than 10 seconds without a genocide, lose almost all your rank chits towards the next rank.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Maybe your score was really good overall because wins/losses don't matter as much as your own performance.

I can't believe fucking Valve haven't released a detailed explanation of how rank system works.

Most games I can think of work on XP/point system. Simpleas fuck. But not for Valve, they must use warlock's black magic and unicorn's sperm to make theirs so nobody knows what's going on.

I was Silver 4 (one before SEM) after I bought the game and played few matches. That was long time ago so I don't remember what kind of players there play but Gold Nova is not that hard, I managed to get to GN4 alone. Then to MG2 easily with premade (3-5 players).

I'm going away for 2 months so would be interesting if I was unranked :P

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Maybe your score was really good overall because wins/losses don't matter as much as your own performance.

I can't believe fucking Valve haven't released a detailed explanation of how rank system works.

Most games I can think of work on XP/point system. Simpleas fuck. But not for Valve, they must use warlock's black magic and unicorn's sperm to make theirs so nobody knows what's going on.

Maybe they are worried that if the show us how the ranking system works it will be exploited? I mean.. if that is the case then why implement such system at all right?

Maybe they are worried that if the show us how the ranking system works it will be exploited? I mean.. if that is the case then why implement such system at all right?

We should know when we are ranking up and deranking. It only makes sense.

Enough of this BS, I move on :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

It's due to the ban waves of hackers. I struggled to stay in SMFC before the ban wave. Now I'm easily at Global. All my friends that were around DMGs are now ranking within LEM/SMFC. Then again, I don't really play MM anymore ever since my friends and I started a team for S19-Open (Currently at 8 Wins / 1 Loss, Top 10 in West).

CASE - CM Storm Stryker, PSU - EVGA 1000 P2 80+ Plat, CPU - i7 4790K w/ NZXT Kraken X61, GPU - MSI GTX 1080 TI Seahawk X, MB - ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII, RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaw X Series (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600, SSD - SAMSUNG 1 TB, DISPLAY - ACER XB270HU + SAMSUNG S24C570HL

People already know how it works and exploit it, Smurfs.

Did you started playing recently?

I started last year and I had to play 10 games in order to qualify. I won 7 lost 3 and it made me Silver 3.

i lost about 4, but my 4th game in total i played i already played with novas

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)