Xclaim XI-3 Indoor AP

I find this offending because I have a crummy windows phone. So I can't use this piece of equipment T~T

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

what was the program Linus used at 4:48?

c'mon LMG ! Upload the goddamn scrapyardwars  :rolleyes:

I like the idea of getting higher end wireless gear because of the claims that it runs better. As someone who has multiple consumer grade APs? Faster Client association in particular catches my attention. Also the better coverage is important because coverage is far more important than best-case-scenario speeds. The only thing that turns me off the idea is the price. For the price of one of these things I could buy two consumer grade AC1200 APs.

If I had money to burn I'd go for it but... I think I'll put up with the slightly slower client association.....

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Does this support Vlans? with 802.1x support I would love to have Vlan support :)

Mentioned in the video was "similarly priced consumer-grade products will have better speeds." What are some of those products? Looking for increased wireless performance as I've pinpointed it down to being either my router or wireless adapter and both could use an upgrade.

Mentioned in the video was "similarly priced consumer-grade products will have better speeds." What are some of those products? Looking for increased wireless performance as I've pinpointed it down to being either my router or wireless adapter and both could use an upgrade.

Look up the Asus EA-AC87, it's about the same price and the spec on paper is pretty insane. Although if I was you I'd probably go for something that's AC1200 and then get two of them. Maybe have the second one connected to your network via Powerline or something similar. Because once you get a wall between you and your AP and add multiple different spec clients to it? The spec of your AP doesn't matter nearly as much. Coverage is what you should be aiming for.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Look up the Asus EA-AC87, it's about the same price and the spec on paper is pretty insane. Although if I was you I'd probably go for something that's AC1200 and then get two of them. Maybe have the second one connected to your network via Powerline or something similar. Because once you get a wall between you and your AP and add multiple different spec clients to it? The spec of your AP doesn't matter nearly as much. Coverage is what you should be aiming for.

Awesome, I'll look into that. First time hearing of powerline and it looks like a great choice. Thank you so much!

What would be the best solution for a just a powerful router tho? I have the Asus RT N66U (Dark knight), and even when i have OK signal, the speed is horrible. 

I was disappointed that Ubiquiti products were not discussed at all in this video.

i also wanted to see some level of a comparison between this product and the ubiquiti uap-ac. can anyone comment on comparing these two units? 

Really disappointed in this video for the reasons previously mentioned. There were no true comparisons to other APs or the consumer grade routers Linus kept referencing in the video.

"It performs better" is simply not good enough IMO there should be quantifiable numbers to back those claims up.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

could anyone explain this to me? If you use an AP it just extends the network its connected to right? so there are no 2 seperate networks?

Yes a AP is just a device that will extend your wireless so you don't need 2 separate wireless networks 

Where do I buy this in canada? neither of the links seem to help!

Can you simply add one of these to a consumer based router?

and if you can, and that router was using dd-wrt, could you use ddwrt to manage the access point? or do you still have to use their app or web gui?

edit: same question but also managing this AP (or any) possible through a router system like pfSense

I have the newer Asus N900 router in my parents basement and would want to run one up to the second story, and I know you can easily get ddwrt onto that router, I also have ddwrt on my older dlink router at my apartment, and just prefer their access point settings. 

Curious abt the range. Linus said is freaking awesome.

But is there any actual specs on that? 

Looking to deploy this in a single 2 story house around 3800 square ft.

Your search "Xclaim XI-3" did not match any products.
Related Searches:xclaim, xi 3.

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

This vs ubiquiti ac access point? That's what I'm courios about, thinking about getting one

This vs ubiquiti ac access point? That's what I'm courios about, thinking about getting one

I'd like to see that comparison too since I'm looking at getting one of the Ubiquity AC AP's also. I installed a lower end Ubiquity router/n-wireless at my parents and GF's houses and the wireless just kicks ass, I can't imagine the AC AP not being even better.

Linus has both.....he said his wife was amazed when he installed this....I was under the impression he had ubiquiti ac at his house for his shield....is it that much better?