GTX 980ti really that good value

sure the gpu temps are fine but it being liquid cooled means its going to be kicking more heat into the space your in not sure about how your living but my room is small something like 13x13 sq ft when a card like this is on in a room this small things tend to heat up to the 70-80 degree range which is lovely in the winter not so in blazing summer heat

I live in northern Michigan, so id actually welcome the extra heat 8 months out of the year, although im skeptical it would raise the ambient temps in a room to a noticeable degree, Ive read its kind of an urban legend that even the hottest running cards in SLI/crossfire are capable of that. I guess if you game in a tiny room with no ventilation it might be possible.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

There is one difference.

The 295x2 comes with a warrantied pre installed liquid cooling set up that keeps the card cooler than any air cooled SLI/crossfire set up and expels it outside of your case. Which is why Im confused over why people keep bringing up heat as a criticism of the 295x2. If anything temperatures are its strong point. Power draw admittedly sucks, but heat is a non issue.

Well, to be technical the heat can still be an issue, just not temperature. You're right, 60C is 60C no matter how it's achieved. The 295X2 does have impressive thermals. Although the heat output of the card into the room is still as much as ever, which may be a problem depending on the user's living situation, although on the bright side it doesn't exhaust into the case either, so it's really a best case scenario considering how much heat it does generate.

Is it worth $45 counting the free games for 850w barely being enough and turning your room into a fireplace I guess this card is a beast. AMD is in a rough spot.

99W my build uses 751W and their not OC'ed either it is a good card well worth the extra youll pay for it wont be freaking so hot

we had this talk

295x2 is 2 cards, 980ti is 1 card.

My Build: 4690k @ 4.7 GHz, ASUS Strix 970 @ 1316 MHz, H105, Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1600 MHz, H440, RM750

So from the looks of it its performs better but with the AMD specials. Heat power noise.

I live in northern Michigan, so id actually welcome the extra heat 8 months out of the year, although im skeptical it would raise the ambient temps in a room to a noticeable degree, Ive read its kind of an urban legend that even the hottest running cards in SLI/crossfire are capable of that. I guess if you game in a tiny room with no ventilation it might be possible.

Florida i typically turn on a fan and point it out the door(plus my ceiling fan on high) when i do 4hr+ gaming sessions not exactly my fault my room is small either playing bf3 with 64 player maps seems to make it the hottest and actually right now due to some of the heat were having down here i have one card sitting back in the box

It also sounds like a jet engine when at 100% load.

100% fan speed will do that to any card.

That's why it has a quiet mode that lets the card run a little hotter while reducing fan speed.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

100% fan speed will do that to any card.

That's why it has a quiet mode that lets the card run a little hotter while reducing fan speed.

No, 100% load.

Quiet mode is still super loud.

No, 100% load.

Quiet mode is still super loud.

Not really.

http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=12864

For each dBA test we close the PC/chassis and move the dBA gun 75 cm away from the PC. Roughly the same proximity you'll have from a PC in a real-world situation.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

No... the TITAN X is a $1000 GTX 980 Ti. The 980 Ti isn't a good value, it's that the TITAN X is way overpriced. But if the 980 Ti seems like a good value to you then I guess NVIDIA's marketing plan is working. Release something incredibly overpriced, then lower the price and it will look like a good value. That's basically what they've done, just a marketing 101 trick :) apparently still effective though...

Damn! Never thought of this

But... AMD bad Nvidia for life?... Right? AMD = bad, can't game on AMD? I thought AMD was garbage from everything I constantly hear from everyone about them

Because face value = true facts.

<_<

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

If you haven't bought the 295x2 yet, you ought to just wait for the 390x which is sometime later this month of June. And even perhaps when Win10 along with  DX12 releases.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero