980 Ti's

Hello!

So do 980 waterblocks work on Ti's?

So here's my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TdqXqs

When will there be 980 Ti blocks and do I need different fittings? Thanks! Should I just stick with a 3 way Titan X? I save 450 hundred when getting a 4 way SLI 980 Ti instead of a 3 way SLI Titan X

why do you even need three titan xs

what are you doing with this build and what resolution

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

wait a few days for everyone to release their 980Tis and accesories (waterblocks), EVGA will most likely have their hydrocopper ones. Go with 4 way 980Ti, way better then the titans

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

no as the the VRM layout is different:

GTX 980 (reference):

gtx980_pcb_34607.jpg

GTX 980 ti (reference)

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980-TI_PCB.jpg

You know, I'm just a little miffed.  I bought a 980 just a month ago, before I even realized the 980ti was coming out.  Now I feel like I missed out on a card leaps and bounds beter that was only about $100 US more.  Very annoying.  I mean, a 980 is still way better than what I was running before, but nevertheless...

Not long ago, in a galaxy relatively nearby...

I guess that the TitanX waterblock will fit

no as the the VRM layout is different:

GTX 980 (reference):

gtx980_pcb_34607.jpg

GTX 980 ti (reference)

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980-TI_PCB.jpg

front_small.jpg
Edited by mosin40

I guess that the TitanX waterblock will fit

GTX-TITAN5.jpg?69b5e6

Edit: The TitanX waterblock will not fit. There are some differences between the 980ti's vrm and the titanx's, one of them are the capacitor alignment on the right side, and there are two capacitors near the memory in the Titan

The Titan X should fit the 980Ti from what i've heard.

The picture you showed (the one with the 2 capacitors near the vrm's) is one of the first Titan not the Titan X.  ;)

The Titan X should fit the 980Ti from what i've heard.

The picture you showed (the one with the 2 capacitors near the vrm's) is one of the first Titan not the Titan X.  ;)

oops my bad...

Then i was correct :P I guess i used the wrong image...

GTX-Titan-X-vs-GTX-780-Ti.jpg

Hello!

When will there be 980 Ti blocks and do I need different fittings? Thanks! Should I just stick with a 3 way Titan X? I save 450 hundred when getting a 4 way SLI 980 Ti instead of a 3 way SLI Titan X

Scaling is horrible on 4 way SLI. Even 3 way scaling is bad. I'd recommend 2 way Titan X to be practical, but if you must have more go with 3 Titan X. Anyone who is recommending 4 way SLI really hasn't experienced it. Not only does it scale horribly but it can also cause all sorts of problems from flickers, to stuttering, to downright crashing. Whether you chose 980ti's or Titan X's, I'd highly advise against 4 way SLI. Since Money doesn't seem to be an issue you might as well go with the 3 Titan X's and get the slightly faster core and 6 GB's of extra VRam.

Custom Loop

4790K - Titan X - 16GB Vengeance 1866 - Asus Vii Hero - EVGA G2 850w - Samsung Evo 500gb - Corsair 760T - ROG SWIFT

Here's a video with a guy playing all the new AAA titles on 4 Titan X's and complaining the whole time about the awful scaling. The card usages are between 50% and 60%. He also experiences massive flickering in one of the games rendering it unplayable.

Custom Loop

4790K - Titan X - 16GB Vengeance 1866 - Asus Vii Hero - EVGA G2 850w - Samsung Evo 500gb - Corsair 760T - ROG SWIFT

Here's a video with a guy playing all the new AAA titles on 4 Titan X's and complaining the whole time about the awful scaling. The card usages are between 50% and 60%. He also experiences massive flickering in one of the games rendering it unplayable.

As JayzTwoCents says here, the CPU is whats keeping the Titan X back (jump to 10:00):

@EK Luc so the titan x block would fit the 980ti?

It should.  I'm trying to have an answer from the guys at EK just to be sure.

Hello!

stick with the 3 way titans. Your going to notice no diferant between 4 ti cards or 3 titans because even with a oc'ed 5960x it bottlenecks the 3 titans so 4 cards that are pretty equal to the titan x won't be any diferant
Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Hello!

Why cablemod?Such a high end system.I would recommend lutro0 or icemodz.com for sleeved extensions or even sanctum sleeving.

I create free buildlog banners.Want one? Go to my shop http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/378798-free-buildlog-banner-shop/#entry5119483

I'm also waiting for a confirming statement from EK whether if the Titan X block is the way to go, or if dedicated blocks are in development for the GTX 980 Ti's.

Originally there was suppose to be a 980Ti block but since the Titan X waterblock is compatible, it will be used has the official waterblock for the 980Ti.  :)

Originally there was suppose to be a 980Ti block but since the Titan X waterblock is compatible, it will be used has the official waterblock for the 980Ti.  :)

Since the PCB is exactly the same from Titan X to 980 Ti, I assume the backplate also fits perfectly, right?

Do you know if GTX 980 Ti backplates will be released? I'm not sure if I want a backplate with "Titan X" engraved sitting on my 980 Ti.

Since the PCB is exactly the same from Titan X to 980 Ti, I assume the backplate also fits perfectly, right?

Do you know if GTX 980 Ti backplates will be released? I'm not sure if I want a backplate with "Titan X" engraved sitting on my 980 Ti.

Only Titan X backplate sorry.

You know, I'm just a little miffed.  I bought a 980 just a month ago, before I even realized the 980ti was coming out.  Now I feel like I missed out on a card leaps and bounds beter that was only about $100 US more.  Very annoying.  I mean, a 980 is still way better than what I was running before, but nevertheless...

I haven't even been able to use my SLI 980's that I bought 3 months ago, because my system has been completely down waiting for my RMA'd watercooler, and now setting up a new loop, so I'm a bit annoyed as well.  If you purchased from EVGA you might want to look into the step-up program.

One of my cards is eligible, the other is like a week or so past the 90 days, which is even more aggravating.  So what I'm thinking of doing now is keeping one of the 980's and finishing my setup, while the other sits in the queue for the step-up program for the TI.  When I get the TI I'll sell the original 980 and waterblock, buy another TI, and go 980TI SLI.  I'll have to purchase waterblocks for both, and it'll be stupid expensive, but such is life.

I haven't even been able to use my SLI 980's that I bought 3 months ago, because my system has been completely down waiting for my RMA'd watercooler, and now setting up a new loop, so I'm a bit annoyed as well.  If you purchased from EVGA you might want to look into the step-up program.

One of my cards is eligible, the other is like a week or so past the 90 days, which is even more aggravating.  So what I'm thinking of doing now is keeping one of the 980's and finishing my setup, while the other sits in the queue for the step-up program for the TI.  When I get the TI I'll sell the original 980 and waterblock, buy another TI, and go 980TI SLI.  I'll have to purchase waterblocks for both, and it'll be stupid expensive, but such is life.

Sadly, MSI has no step-up program.  I'll cope.

Not long ago, in a galaxy relatively nearby...

@EK Luc so the titan x block would fit the 980ti?

the titan x full waterblock will fit the gtx 980 ti according to ekwb's wesite.

News
Jun 2, 2015
Existing EK-FC Titan X compatible with the latest NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980 Ti

EK Water Blocks, Ljubljana based premium water cooling gear manufacturer, is pleased to announce that the existing EK-FC Titan X series water blocks are compatible with reference design NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980 Ti officially launched on June 1st 2015.