Intelligent Design vs Evolution

whatthe_fuzz

Here you are, start reading:

http://scholar.google.com.au/scholar?q=scientific+articles+biological+evolution&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_vis=1

These will help you understand the theory of evolution.

thank you for undermining my intelligence. heres a read for you http://www.answersingenesis.org/ 

No, and I refer you to post 123 for the answer.

no? i didnt ask a question 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I sometimes encounter people mainly from a religious background bitching about evolution and that it is only a theory, well at least it is marketed as a theory but it is the best thing we have.

The bible says god and it's interpretation of creation is fact, which is more credible at the end of the day? I think I'll stick with evolution.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

You did? Weird, because when I click on the link I see a bunch of bones from each separate species between out common ancestor with some of the other great apes and our current species.

Or maybe, just maybe, the heart changed along with the rest of the animal? It's physically impossible for an adult's heart to exist in a baby and for an adult to exist with a baby's heart, yet somehow babies grow up along with their hearts!

thats not a different species nor an adaptation so your argument is invalid. 

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/db/Ardipithecis_Ramidus_skeleton_1994-1996.jpeg

this is what i see. fragments with multiple pieces missing being turned into this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e2/Ardipithecus_ramidus.jpg

seems like a few pieces are missing from the puzzle

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I sometimes encounter people mainly from a religious background bitching about evolution and that it is only a theory, well at least it is marketed as a theory but it is the best thing we have.

The bible says god and it's interpretation of creation is fact, which is more credible at the end of the day? I think I'll stick with evolution.

ok well that is religion and this thread is not arguing religion but rather intelligent design

thank you for undermining my intelligence. heres a read for you http://www.answersingenesis.org/ 

no? i didnt ask a question 

I give you a link to 1.78 Million search results pertaining to scientific articles on biology and evolution, and you link me to answers in genesis? That site is nothing short of a joke, it does absolutely nothing for scientific understanding and does even more damage to those of us who want to have a faith in God. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

ok well that is religion and this thread is not arguing religion but rather intelligent design

If your not arguing religion then why link to a religious website?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Thought I saw some religious based replies, my bad lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

This.

Science is not in the business of disproving beliefs, it is devoted to presenting the truth as is seen by the scientific community. That does not mean it is infallible, many theories have been overturned in the past. The overall goal of science is to increase our knowledge and understanding of the universe.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I give you a link to 1.78 Million search results pertaining to scientific articles on biology and evolution, and you link me to answers in genesis? That site is nothing short of a joke, it does absolutely nothing for scientific understanding and does even more damage to those of us who want to have a faith in God. 

so you want a broad general google search? sorry for linking you to a credible source instead of basically a "lmgtfy" 

how is it a joke? it offers solid scientific answers? not some malarchy 

If your not arguing religion then why link to a religious website?

its also valid from a scientific viewpoint. 

Thought I saw some religious based replies, my bad lol

well that is not the intent of this thread. as the title states. 

This.

Science is not in the business of disproving beliefs, it is devoted to presenting the truth as is seen by the scientific community. That does not mean it is infallible, many theories have been overturned in the past. The overall goal of science is to increase our knowledge and understanding of the universe.

then why is "science" so quick to shut down the school of thinking behind ID?

I didn't know that it was. As far as I know they dispute its scientific reputability because it has no empirical support, generates no new hypotheses and is scientifically untestable by experiment. 

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I didn't know that it was. As far as I know they dispute its scientific reputability because it has no empirical support, generates no new hypotheses and is scientifically untestable by experiment.

technically it is testable. its the simple idea that nothing as complex as the universe happened by chance. this is also the hypothesis. we can test this by observing nature. nothing is created out of disorder. secondly empirical value is needed to support a theory correct? my argument is that the same empirical value used yo prove evolution/big bang also supports ID. its the same time line just different ideologies on how it all happened.

so you want a broad general google search? sorry for linking you to a credible source instead of basically a "lmgtfy" 

how is it a joke? it offers solid scientific answers? not some malarchy 

Answersingenesis is a website developed by die hard Christians to prove their god exists, hence the name answersinGENESIS .

It is not credible, it is not scientific.

Because it is a pseudo science not a real science, it's purpose is to  prove the existence of god not determine the origins of life.  And this:

I didn't know that it was. As far as I know they dispute its scientific reputability because it has no empirical support, generates no new hypotheses and is scientifically untestable by experiment. 

Answersingenesis is a website developed by die hard Christians to prove their god exists, hence the name answersinGENESIS .

It is not credible, it is not scientific.

Because it is a pseudo science not a real science, it's purpose is to  prove the existence of god not determine the origins of life.  And this:

so because it comes from a christians standpoint its suddenly not credible nor science? hm that seems like a double standard. if its a school of thought that offers new ideas but from a source that has faith in something then its not credible. 

its not real science?! really? its not the sole purpose to prove God but prove that this complexity which makes "us" is too intricate to happen randomly. 

I believe evolution and intelligent design co-exist. I don't understand why people think that intelligent design isn't possible. I mean look at humans, in our lifetimes the intelligence of a computer is supposed to surpass that of a human. CPUs are being tested that are made from organic material (algae). Who's to say that humans won't one day incorporate these ideas together and create their own race of intelligent beings?

I believe evolution and intelligent design co-exist. I don't understand why people think that intelligent design isn't possible. I mean look at humans, in our lifetimes the intelligence of a computer is supposed to surpass that of a human. CPUs are being tested that are made from organic material (algae). Who's to say that humans won't one day incorporate these ideas together and create their own race of intelligent beings?

wow i had no idea of the algae thing! thats freakin sweet! imagine have a "pet" cpu :p

so because it comes from a christians standpoint its suddenly not credible nor science? hm that seems like a double standard. if its a school of thought that offers new ideas but from a source that has faith in something then its not credible. 

its not real science?! really? its not the sole purpose to prove God but prove that this complexity which makes "us" is too intricate to happen randomly. 

It is not a double standard, it is a very singular one.  ID was developed to prove the existence of god, it was developed to imitate science in  a hope that it would be universally accepted but the problem was that it is a pseudo science much like the autism is caused by vaccines debate.  It has not grounding in scientific method and thus has been treated as such by the scientific community.

It is not a double standard, it is a very singular one.  ID was developed to prove the existence of god, it was developed to imitate science in  a hope that it would be universally accepted but the problem was that it is a pseudo science much like the autism is caused by vaccines debate.  It has not grounding in scientific method and thus has been treated as such by the scientific community.

how is it imitating? it takes an observable fact, has a hypothesis, answers questions, whats the issue?

your only issue so far is that it was originally used to understand God. i still dont see a problem there.

how is it imitating? it takes an observable fact, has a hypothesis, answers questions, whats the issue?

your only issue so far is that it was originally used to understand God. i still dont see a problem there.

the issue is you are referring to it as a science, it is not a science, it is not falsifiable, it does not maintain any of the standards required to full fill a scientific theory.

It's inception is anything but scientific and it's conclusions are severely lacking supporting evidence.

What more do you need to understand that ID is not a relevant science and should not be refereed to as such?

I don't have time to respond but this basically sums it up. Yeah it's loing but a great video to watch. Love me some AronRa :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

AronRa and other youtubers have picked apart every argument on that site and found that they are all moot. See the video i posted.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

As expected, thread has blown up to an ego fight between Science and Religion - granted, i didn't help the cause as such, but it's turning into something nasty. Locked.