Intelligent Design vs Evolution

whatthe_fuzz

just some advice, to makes the higher donations even sweeter, I think you should offer stocks of the business, as you are investing in a product, I wouldn't see why they wouldn't want to profit on it either

have u seen kickstarter with computer games, its all in game rewards, membership and art.

+ its the game i want to make, the studio is just a thing that happens to create the game, like mojang or adhesivegames

Character artist in the Games industry.

have u seen kickstarter with computer games, its all in game rewards, membership and art.

+ its the game i want to make, the studio is just a thing that happens to create the game, like mojang or adhesivegames

just my opinion, do what you want, but just putting it out there, here's what I mean

No, it is not a theory, it's barely a hypostasis. ID make an observation and makes claims from that observation. What science does is to make an observation and then try to prove that obervation right with other means.

I dont even know what logic is being used. you just quoted the exact definition for a theory stated above. Secondly, evolution is not proven with other means? maybe microevolution but never an entire species change? your argument sir, is invalid

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

no, there is no evidence considered valid enough to state it as true science, you can put it under religious science, because what kind of f*cking observation will prove that there is a man in the sky that made the universe?

The big bang is based on the fact that the universe is contentiously growing, and how did it gain that momentum? It's been logically and methodically processed, that it (big bang) happened. Of course there are many gaps to the theory, but it's just that, it's not a fully fleshed out fact.

so thus inturn the big bang has some belief which is faith. these gaps that you fill are faith. ID observes the flaws in evolution and decides that there was a smarter being that created this. there is no order out of disorder.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

you have to realize, those religious thoughts, they were made by a human, like it or not, I doubt god suddenly found our language and told some guy to write it down, it was human(s) that wrote down all these things, and they don't go hand in hand. Religion was used to explain unknowns thousands of years ago, when science was beginning, now that we have a more fleshed out science and mathematics, it's beyond what those people thought in the past.

That is true, but that doesn't change the core of religion. And about God founding our language, I don't see what you mean there. If God created humans, he also created language: to let people communicate, not to let a guy write down what he said. Someone once said to me that he didn't see why people think that a God couldn't exist when they believe in theories about things so gigantic and sometimes unlogic as a "big bang" or any unproven theory about the universe themselves. And religion and science go hand in hand when talking about facts or theories so logic but yet unproven that almost everyone think that they are truth. If you take anything unproven or anything that is not a fact for truth, you believe that it is the truth. 

Wi RoZ

so thus inturn the big bang has some belief which is faith. these gaps that you fill are faith. ID observes the flaws in evolution and decides that there was a smarter being that created this. there is no order out of disorder.

oh. my. god.

I have no faith, there is no faith, I don't say "THE BIG BANG HAPPENED, IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT, YOU'RE GOING TO HELL"

it's not faith, I believe that the parts proven by science is true, I have my own problems with the theory, but I believe what I choose to believe, faith, by definition, is complete trust or confidence in something.

that's not me, don't have full confidence in the Big Bang

I dont even know what logic is being used. you just quoted the exact definition for a theory stated above. Secondly, evolution is not proven with other means? maybe microevolution but never an entire species change? your argument sir, is invalid

First of all we, have the fossil record that shows how, not only humans, but how a bunch of modern day animals have evolved through the ages. Secondly we have the genom. The genom clearly show a familiarity between all life on this planet. You my good, man/woman share 53% of your DNA with a banana. We even see traces of how early animal adopted to new habitats in modern day animals, for example the pelvic bones and legs on whales. 

I will leave you with this: 

. this is a series of videos tha explains the evolution vs. creationism/ID debate in much greater detail then I can ever dream to do

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

what type of game are we talking about here? :D mmo, rpg, fps? do you have a thread discussing it?

That is true, but that doesn't change the core of religion. And about God founding our language, I don't see what you mean there. If God created humans, he also created language: to let people communicate, not to let a guy write down what he said. Someone once said to me that he didn't see why people think that a God couldn't exist when they believe in theories about things so gigantic and sometimes unlogic as a "big bang" or any unproven theory about the universe themselves. And religion and science go hand in hand when talking about facts or theories so logic but yet unproven that almost everyone think that they are truth. If you take anything unproven or anything that is not a fact for truth, you believe that it is the truth. 

no they aren't the truth, but since it has a foundation, since it has some kind of basing in reality, it's the closest thing I can believe in, as I can't possibly believe that he has so much power yet there is so much bad, and there is so much contradicting his existance

oh. my. god.

I have no faith, there is no faith, I don't say "THE BIG BANG HAPPENED, IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT, YOU'RE GOING TO HELL"

it's not faith, I believe that the parts proven by science is true, I have my own problems with the theory, but I believe what I choose to believe, faith, by definition, is complete trust or confidence in something.

that's not me, don't have full confidence in the Big Bang

I dont understand where the "you're going to hell" falls in to the faith argument but ok?

the only issue I have is that your truths you believe, which you just admitted have flaws and holes that cant be answered, is infact flawed. so your truth that you believe is partial?

no they aren't the truth, but since it has a foundation, since it has some kind of basing in reality, it's the closest thing I can believe in, as I can't possibly believe that he has so much power yet there is so much bad, and there is so much contradicting his existance

the "bad" is based off of free will. one philosopher believe God simply created the universe in order to watch it work. so he basically set it in motion then let it be.

what exactly contradicts the belief of a higher being?

This explains nothing. You essentially end up in the same trap that Sct. Thomas Aquinas ended up in. You end up in a infinite regress. Who was the desiger, that designet the maker, that sculpeted the creator that created the universe? you will never end and you will need to prove more and more intelligence with each regress.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I dont understand where the "you're going to hell" falls in to the faith argument but ok?

the only issue I have is that your truths you believe, which you just admitted have flaws and holes that cant be answered, is infact flawed. so your truth that you believe is partial?

hell has to do with everything about faith, but that's besides the point

I "believe" in your terms (because you are extremely vague), but it's not belief

I believe in things that makes sense, ok a  big explosion occurs, colliding elements creating the stars, moons, and planets, but where that ball of elements burst from no where is still unanswered.

I don't believe that they burst out of nowhere, I am still seeking an answer as to where this came from, I don't believe and go along with it, I believe in my terms I would consider truthful because it has relatively large backing for it

First of all we, have the fossil record that shows how, not only humans, but how a bunch of modern day animals have evolved through the ages. Secondly we have the genom. The genom clearly show a familiarity between all life on this planet. You my good, man/woman share 53% of your DNA with a banana. We even see traces of how early animal adopted to new habitats in modern day animals, for example the pelvic bones and legs on whales.

I will leave you with this:

. this is a series of videos tha explains the evolution vs. creationism/ID debate in much greater detail then I can ever dream to do

no we actually do not have any fossils depicting a crossover species. maybe similar species but no true middle.

second I would argue saying that the genome is similar to an artists multiple paintings. for example look at picasso. yes everyone of his paintings were unique and different but they all were similar. kinda his flair added.

the "bad" is based off of free will. one philosopher believe God simply created the universe in order to watch it work. so he basically set it in motion then let it be.

what exactly contradicts the belief of a higher being?

the fact that in many stories, made the entire universe, planning on only inhabiting one planet, when we have found thousands of planets in solar systems far away from us, being capable of sustaining life

This explains nothing. You essentially end up in the same trap that Sct. Thomas Aquinas ended up in. You end up in a infinite regress. Who was the desiger, that designet the maker, that sculpeted the creator that created the universe? you will never end and you will need to prove more and more intelligence with each regress.

but that is based off of human reason. we view things with a beginning and an end however these are human based rationales and logic. the designer is not based off of these limits so thats were this foreign idea of ever existing comes into play.

sorry, but what he said was completely true, science is based on hierarchical knowledge, facts building up to more facts, we still have many unknowns in our universe, many theories, we aren't certain that these things are happening, we just have some reasoning that it's a possibility, it's more rational than thinking that a guy in the sky made everything

I wasn't debating that. He suggested that all Religions believed that they are correct in what ever understanding they have, and that science is wrong. That simply isn't true. Some Fundamentalist Christians are certainly portrayed like that - and it may be true for them; however, to then stereotype Buddhists, Sikhs, Muslims, Jews etc into that same "umbrella" is, in my view, extremely naive.

but that is based off of human reason. we view things with a beginning and an end however these are human based rationales and logic. the designer is not based off of these limits so thats were this foreign idea of ever existing comes into play.

this thomas aquinas guy really gets no where with his arguments, just watch the numerous videos on youtube de-bunking every theory of his

I'll just post this will we wait for a response:

This made my day.

I wasn't debating that. He suggested that all Religions believed that they are correct in what ever understanding they have, and that science is wrong. That simply isn't true. Some Fundamentalist Christians are certainly portrayed like that - and it may be true for them; however, to then stereotype Buddhists, Sikhs, Muslims, Jews etc into that same "umbrella" is, in my view, extremely naive.

true, but as a former Hindu I can at least say that it's not exactly the most scientific religion....probably the messiest of religions

the fact that in many stories, made the entire universe, planning on only inhabiting one planet, when we have found thousands of planets in solar systems far away from us, being capable of sustaining life

ah the problem is we only THINK they are capable. look at the Earths angle of the axis. 23.5 degrees. slightly altered and the Earth theoretically would be toast. we also dont know whether or not there is life on these planets. nonetheless this does not disprove the potential existence of a higher being

this thomas aquinas guy really gets no where with his arguments, just watch the numerous videos on youtube de-bunking every theory of his

I didnt base my argument off of him. it is a fact tjat order does not come from disorder. if I drop a pallet of bricks does it make a house? no

ah the problem is we only THINK they are capable. look at the Earths angle of the axis. 23.5 degrees. slightly altered and the Earth theoretically would be toast. we also dont know whether or not there is life on these planets. nonetheless this does not disprove the potential existence of a higher being

immediately you are wrong, no, we KNOW they are capable

I didnt base my argument off of him. it is a fact tjat order does not come from disorder. if I drop a pallet of bricks does it make a house? no

doesn't make any sense, but I'll go with it

immediately you are wrong, no, we KNOW they are capable

no we think that they are. it is impossible to tell.