Intelligent Design vs Evolution

whatthe_fuzz

theory: A supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be.

it is simply an idea. and idea can be wrong but it can also be right. gravity is law because it happens, we can see it happen, we can test it and know that it will work 100% of the time. evolution is only a theory because it the result have not been 100% all the time, every day. 

The law of gravity speaks to the effect gravity has on objects. The theory of gravity speaks too why mass produces gravity. 

Just for the record. A law tells you something about an individual idea, and a theory tells tou something about a collection of ideas that creats a coherent picture of the objective reallity

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Thsi is not true. We can measure the background radiation of the univers and by determening the wave lenght, determin how old the radiation is. And that points to a universe that is around 13.85 billon years old. As for the "bang" in big bang theory. We can observe that the universe is, not only expanding, but is expanding at a faster and faster rate. This means that there as most likely been a time when the universe was static and non-expanding.

Lastly. The assertion thst science is a religion is completly false. Most religions prides themselfs with having all the aswers and science does the opposite. Science says that we know nothing 100% and is always subject to change.

while the expansion does point true it does not however ultimately prove the big bang. just that the universe expands. the bang aspect is infact a belief based on faith.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Sorry - but that is just completely false.

sorry, but what he said was completely true, science is based on hierarchical knowledge, facts building up to more facts, we still have many unknowns in our universe, many theories, we aren't certain that these things are happening, we just have some reasoning that it's a possibility, it's more rational than thinking that a guy in the sky made everything

while the expansion does point true it does not however ultimately prove the big bang. just that the universe expands. the bang aspect is infact a belief based on faith.

do half the people on theearth not understand a theory is?

a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used asprinciples of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity.Synonyms: principle, law, doctrine.

Well, the "bang" was actually added by early critics of the expanssion theory. And 100% proof? Science does not work with 100% proof, only math does that. Therefor the dissinction between  "theory" and "theorem".

I think these discussion are important, however because I have been here many of times. no one is going to prove the other right or the other wrong with the opposite saying, "oh I was wrong and you were right." just to save from the hate party that follows it, I believe this thread should be closed. this is a technology forum not a creationist vs evolutionist forum. I encourage you to express these ideas with in a different community that is more appropriate. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Well, the "bang" was actually added by early critics of the expanssion theory. And 100% proof? Science does not work with 100% proof, only math does that. Therefor the dissinction between "theory" and "theorem".

so without 100% proof there is a small faith factor.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I think these discussion are important, however because I have been here many of times. no one is going to prove the other right or the other wrong with the opposite saying, "oh I was wrong and you were right." just to save from the hate party that follows it, I believe this thread should be closed. this is a technology forum not a creationist vs evolutionist forum. I encourage you to express these ideas with in a different community that is more appropriate. 

I agree with the first part, but since it's in the appropriate sub-forum, and as long as it doesn't turn into racial slurs or r/atheism, I think we should be fine

do half the people on the fucking earth not understand what the fuck a goddamned theory is?

a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used asprinciples of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity.Synonyms: principle, law, doctrine.

clean up the language. then I will view your point as valuable

clean up the language. then I will view your point as valuable

sure, a theory is not based on faith, it's not made out of thin air, it's formulated based on multiple observations in the world around us, faith is purely that, faith, with no contributing evidence to support its arguments

I feel I am entitled to post this thread in the off topic section. it does not violate any thread rules. if there can be multiple threads on homosexuality and opinion why cant I have one on science?

so without 100% proof there is a small faith factor.

There is a thing like "I don't know, but I working hard to find out". This is the intellectual honest posistion to take. I don't know how abiogenesis happend on Earth, but I do know it can happen in a similar enviroment to that of the early earth. That said I will take the stance "I don't know" on the question of abiogenesis, because that is the right one at the moment.

Edit: I would recommend reading some Carl Popper and René DesCartes on the philosophy of science and how science works in practice

sure, a theory is not based on faith, it's not made out of thin air, it's formulated based on multiple observations in the world around us, faith is purely that, faith, with no contributing evidence to support its arguments

ok understandable. I agree with these definitions. however you have no proof that bang actually happened. just that the universe is expanding. second, intelligent design is based off the observations made of the world around and drawing a conclusive theory. so according to your definitions intelligent design is a theory

ok understandable. I agree with these definitions. however you have no proof that bang actually happened. just that the universe is expanding. second, intelligent design is based off the observations made of the world around and drawing a conclusive theory. so according to your definitions intelligent design is a theory

No, it is not a theory, it's barely a hypostasis. ID make an observation and makes claims from that observation. What science does is to make an observation and then try to prove that obervation right with other means.

no, there is no evidence considered valid enough to state it as true science, you can put it under religious science, because what kind of f*cking observation will prove that there is a man in the sky that made the universe?

The big bang is based on the fact that the universe is contentiously growing, and how did it gain that momentum? It's been logically and methodically processed, that it (big bang) happened. Of course there are many gaps to the theory, but it's just that, it's not a fully fleshed out fact.

this thread made me look like this the entire time: 

holy crap I didn't know you were still alive :P

holy crap I didn't know you were still alive :P

iv been busy trying to start my own game studio. i get some free time every now and then but not very much

Character artist in the Games industry.

iv been busy trying to start my own game studio. i get some free time every now and then but not very much

yeah, good to see you back and running here :D

and good luck with the game, hope your ambitious project pays off

sorry, but what he said was completely true, science is based on hierarchical knowledge, facts building up to more facts, we still have many unknowns in our universe, many theories, we aren't certain that these things are happening, we just have some reasoning that it's a possibility, it's more rational than thinking that a guy in the sky made everything

What Dave meant was that it isn't true that most religions think that they got all the answers. And it is more rational to believe in evolution than in a God (or in Gods), you've got a point there. But why would you think that science stands above religion or limit your view on the universe to science? They go hand in hand like said before. Just try to look at it this way: we could make a theory for everything that we discover, but that doesn't make those theories truth. When making a theory, a human being makes a theory. And that theory can be the truth, that is something we cannot deny. But if we think that religion is stupid or something that doesn't make sense in this modern age, we think that humans are superior to everything because OUR theories are better then any religion when talking about the origins of life and this universe. The problem is that we cannot prove that there is a Intelligent Being or not, we just got to believe it or not. That's why religion is called religion. It's based on believe. I just hope that we respect each other, whatever we believe or assume is the truth, whether being religious or not, we are all human. We are equal.

Wi RoZ

yeah, good to see you back and running here :D

and good luck with the game, hope your ambitious project pays off

hopefully have my studio up and running by next may, depends how how much i can get done and how well the kick-starter goes

Character artist in the Games industry.

What Dave meant was that it isn't true that most religions think that they got all the answers. And it is more rational to believe in evolution than in a God (or in Gods), you've got a point there. But why would you think that science stands above religion or limit your view on the universe to science? They go hand in hand like said before. Just try to look at it this way: we could make a theory for everything that we discover, but that doesn't make those theories truth. When making a theory, a human being makes a theory. And that theory can be the truth, that is something we cannot deny. But if we think that religion is stupid or something that doesn't make sense in this modern age, we think that humans are superior to everything because OUR theories are better then any religion when talking about the origins of life and this universe. The problem is that we cannot prove that there is a Intelligent Being or not, we just got to believe it or not. That's why religion is called religion. It's based on believe. I just hope that we respect each other, whatever we believe or assume is the truth, whether being religious or not, we are all human. We are equal.

you have to realize, those religious thoughts, they were made by a human, like it or not, I doubt god suddenly found our language and told some guy to write it down, it was human(s) that wrote down all these things, and they don't go hand in hand. Religion was used to explain unknowns thousands of years ago, when science was beginning, now that we have a more fleshed out science and mathematics, it's beyond what those people thought in the past.

just some advice, to makes the higher donations even sweeter, I think you should offer stocks of the business, as you are investing in a product, I wouldn't see why they wouldn't want to profit on it either