AIO for near silent (not quiet) performance?

over the last six months i have become very sensitive to noise from my computer. i am getting new GPUs within the month, and want to get a new CPU cooler. i have a R5 windowed so aestethics is very important (thus Noctua CPU coolers are off the table). i would prefer a AIO unit because they look the best (KRAKEN X61, Fractal design, etc), although i am starting to realize that the pump noise seems to be something that is not easily controlled - if at all. fans are no issue - i can switch and undervolt them.

Does any of you have any experince making AIO units silent? will it be possible - more likley feasible to undervolt the pump/block unit with for example a low-noise adapter? would i be better off going custom loops and adding GPUs to the loop? I do not overclock my CPU, this is purley about aestethics, audial comfort and getting the cpu to around 30-35 degrees C.

Corsair AIOs are also off the table due to the heavy galvanizing taking place in their radiators.

i may be switching CPU to skylake this autmn - is this something that should affect my choise like compability? would i be better off just waiting for Skylake to launch and then get something that i know will fit?

i currently run a i7 2600k at stock clocks and a Coolit Vantage ALC - very early 120mm AIO that has lasted for about 5,5 years.

Just get be quiet! air cooler and you wont hear a thing.. they look nice too.

Also I dont think you will need to upgrade to Skylake... i7 2600k is still way too good.

over the last six months i have become very sensitive to noise from my computer. i am getting new GPUs within the month, and want to get a new CPU cooler. i have a R5 windowed so aestethics is very important (thus Noctua CPU coolers are off the table). i would prefer a AIO unit because they look the best (KRAKEN X61, Fractal design, etc), although i am starting to realize that the pump noise seems to be something that is not easily controlled - if at all. fans are no issue - i can switch and undervolt them.

Does any of you have any experince making AIO units silent? will it be possible - more likley feasible to undervolt the pump/block unit with for example a low-noise adapter? would i be better off going custom loops and adding GPUs to the loop? I do not overclock my CPU, this is purley about aestethics, audial comfort and getting the cpu to around 30-35 degrees C.

Corsair AIOs are also off the table due to the heavy galvanizing taking place in their radiators.

i may be switching CPU to skylake this autmn - is this something that should affect my choise like compability? would i be better off just waiting for Skylake to launch and then get something that i know will fit?

i currently run a i7 2600k at stock clocks and a Coolit Vantage ALC - very early 120mm AIO that has lasted for about 5,5 years.

I've a H105 from Corsair installed and the only thing I can hear is the water sometimes inside of the tubes. But that mostly at the beginning, when I just started the PC: Other than that it's completly silent. There might be a slight hum, but I'm not sure if that's my HDD, my rear exhaust fan or the pump. Could also just be one of my GPUs.

Also, if you have an R5, you won't here anything. I run two GPUs, 6 fans, a pump and a HDD in a Air 540 and at idle it's near silent.

So it shouldn't be a problem with the R5 at all.

I'd say the kraken X61 and corsair H1xx series are probably the quietest AiOs, although you'd be better off with a be quiet! dark rock pro 3 if you want it to be even quieter and still look awesome. If you're getting an AiO, the H105 is a decent choice actually.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

X61 with silent wing fans

or a dark rock pro 3

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I'd suggest a Dark Rock Pro3 from Be Quiet!

Just tag @ChatDaw so I can answer as fast as possible.

well that escalated.... i am indeed thinking of Bequiet!s air cooling series. i just wanted to check with you guys for the good looking pump/block unit of an AIO before i get that huge tower :P

how did you get the pump unit of of the x61 to be silent? chaning the fan speed in BIOS after plugging the unit into your mobo?

Cooler Master Nepton 240M.

Most quiet AIO on the market, and comes with very high end, nearly silent fans.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."