One of the greatest things I've ever read

http://coding2learn.org/blog/2013/07/29/kids-cant-use-computers/

Sometimes we forget that some people struggle to do the most basic things on a computer. A good point in this is that the curriculum on "how to use a computer" is basically "how to make word documents spreadsheets, and not be terrible at typing"

Read that one some time ago, was a good and interesting read..

But the guy kinda sounded too much like a hipster to me..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Read that one some time ago, was a good and interesting read..

But the guy kinda sounded too much like a hipster to me..

Yeah I did kinda of get that impression too. His whole blog has some good articles.

I read that some time ago, and it's a intersting read.

My only issue is, that the writter seems to be locked in his own little knowledge bubble.

The argument that technology play an important role in a majority of most people's life can be extended to a lot of areas, where I guess he might not be as knowledgable.

For example, does the writter know how to troubleshoot and repair the engine on a car? 

I guess you could say that the blog post is focused on technology, but there does seem to be a certain elitarian arrogance to it.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I read that some time ago, and it's a intersting read.

My only issue is, that the writter seems to be locked in his own little knowledge bubble.

The argument that technology play an important role in a mojority of most people's life can be extended to a lot of areas, where I guess he might not be as knowledgable.

For example, does the writter know how to troubleshoot and repair the engine on a car? 

I guess you could say that the blog post is focused on technology, but there does seem to be a certain elitarian arrogance to it.

This. Numberphile has a video where a mathematician expressed his opinions in how he thinks that everyone should understand the mathematics behind the devices we use everyday. But does he know how cars' engines work? Could he repair a refridgerator?

TL:DR: Nerds shall inherit the earth while the rest of the dregs sit around with honorary degrees, pointing at each other and saying "me clever, you clever"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

TL:DR: Nerds shall inherit the earth while the rest of the dregs sit around with honorary degrees, pointing at each other and saying "me clever, you clever"

I read that article last time it was reposted. I don't think that's what it was trying to convery at all.

Fantastic article! :P

But I doubt it will happen. There are far fewer people with actual knowledge in this area than there was 15 years ago. But its also because its way too easy. In the past, you had to research just to get shit working....There was far more work involved with just about every task you did.

And this is why I will never ever work as a technician again.

"He explains that the Internet used to be on his desktop, but isn't any more. I close I.E. and scour the desktop, eventually finding the little blue 'e' buried amongst some PowerPoint and Excel icons. I point to it. He points to a different location on the screen, informing me of where it used to be. I drag the icon back to it's original location. He's happy"

:D :D :D

I had a similar panicked call from a family member the other day.....When he closes down his computer, a huge error message appears he said in a panicked voice...He was sure he had a virus that was taking over.. I visit, and when I restart the message doesn't appear.

It turns out that it only happens when he was watching something on youtube, and just pressed turn off computer....Its a chrome message:p

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.