Worse than a 960?!?!?

Go to solution Solved by harrynowl,

But the GHz is less than the cpu I just had

Gigahertz isn't everything, just like BHP isn't everything in a car :)

oMxZUl1.png

As you can see at the same clock speed the i5 4690k absolutely bags the FX cpus (on a single core). Which is why simply looking at cores and GHz is misleading :)

I'd look at something like an i5 4460.

Oh and also; the GTX960 isn't 960MHz and the GTX970 isn't 970MHz- that isn't how they are named.

that should be fine basically because your old amd Cpu isn't good its pulling your graphics card down with it once you get your i5 you will see a significant increase in performance

I DONT HAVE THE BUILD YETTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Go here :)

Not wanting to sound snobish or anything.... but he is just 12 he possible won't know how any of these things work >.<

I was 12 when I got into this... now im 13 and almost 14... :D

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($173.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($43.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($229.99 @ Micro Center) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ NCIX US) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($87.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($149.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $886.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-30 16:50 EDT-0400

Better for the price.

I kinda wanted a razer keyboard or a cheap mechanical keyboard I already have a mouse :P

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($173.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($43.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($229.99 @ Micro Center) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ NCIX US) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($87.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($149.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $886.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-30 16:50 EDT-0400

Better for the price.

Plus Nvidia only please :D

But the GHz is less than the cpu I just had

Gigahertz isn't everything, just like BHP isn't everything in a car :)

oMxZUl1.png

As you can see at the same clock speed the i5 4690k absolutely bags the FX cpus (on a single core). Which is why simply looking at cores and GHz is misleading :)

I'd look at something like an i5 4460.

Oh and also; the GTX960 isn't 960MHz and the GTX970 isn't 970MHz- that isn't how they are named.

Plus Nvidia only please :D

Why?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I kinda wanted a razer keyboard or a cheap mechanical keyboard I already have a mouse :P

Quality > Flashy stuff.

You can always get a mechanical keyboard later down the road. Also razer is quite overpriced. I would be looking at cheaper and better options like a ducky shine 3 if you want cherry MX brown switches, corsair keyboards or coolermaster keyboards.

I'm sensing Fanboism. That's not a good trait for a person, just a life lesson. I know that from experience with someone close to me.

I just like Nvidia cards from amd :) and the razer thing thanks I will save for a rgb from corsair

I just like Nvidia cards from amd :)[.]

But what is your logic for choosing NVIDIA over AMD constantly?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I just like Nvidia cards from amd :) and the razer thing thanks I will save for a rgb from corsair

Hmm, maybe. But you can get for your money by going with an AMD card. Sometimes you can't ignore something that gives you much more for your bang for your buck.

Hmm, maybe. But you can get for your money by going with an AMD card. Sometimes you can't ignore something that gives you much more for your bang for your buck.

Yeah but I think the 970 eats the r9 280x and the 960 does too but it kills it not eats it

Read the whole thing so that I could report it to correct section and this just covers my thoughts right about now:

I dunnno

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yeah but I think the 970 eats the r9 280x and the 960 does too but it kills it not eats it

The 970 yeah, it gets beaten by the 970, but the 970 is a late 2014 card and the 280x is a rebranded card from late 2013 and still packs quite a punch. But it's ~200$ more.

As for the 960 vs 280x. No, the 280x has the upper hand in a LOT of situations. 

get i3 or fx 6300 as

a minimum for running 970 in games or regular use

6300 is just as garbage, terrible suggestion. And don't even say 8350, that's an even worse suggestion.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

What cpu should I get?

At least fx 6300 or convert to Intel master race

But what is your logic for choosing NVIDIA over AMD constantly?

Looks better, bad reputation with their crappy cpu and nvidia is better overall

HEY!!! I'm 14 :)

Look I'm not that old either, but to be perfectly honest I'm not sure if you're serious or if you're trolling. CPU is 100% bottlenecking your GPU so get at least a cheap Haswell Refresh i5 like the 4460, but preferably the 4690K.

Or i3-4160