MSI@Computex, G-SYNC laptops and Final Fantasy Type-0 on PC Confirmed! (Updated)

Kinda Bottlenecked

Link: http://hexus.net/tech/items/graphics/83519-msi-dominate-computex-taipei-show-floor/

World’s 1st Global Launch of “FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0” Game with GS60 Red Edition.

Square Enix, renowned Japan gaming company and MSI’s great partner, will work with MSI to have a global launch of their latest game FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 at MSI’s COMPUTEX booth. This game will be demonstrated on MSI GS60 Red version and GS70 Silver version. Both models are lightweight laptops with fancy color design and incredible gaming power.
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 brings an immersive world, memorable characters and the production value known of the series, together with high quality gameplay and storytelling truly worthy of the FINAL FANTASY name. Step into the fray as Class Zero, a group of students from an elite military academy whose country is attacked by an aggressive neighboring Empire. In the brutal and harrowing struggle that follows, you must engage a range of powerful magical and combat abilities using a new battle system, to conquer the Empire and uncover the secrets behind the battle.

So after reading an article about MSI's new tech this paragraph struck me the most, Final Fantasy Type-0 to launch with the GS60 red edition. Not sure how accurate this could be but if its real. I'm definitely getting my hands on this before Witcher 3. Also could this mean FF15 on PC, since Type-0 came with a demo of FF15? 

Also in the same news...

GT72, Powerful Machine and World’s First to Feature Eye-Tracking Technology and NVIDIA G-SYNC

MSI partners with Tobii Tech, the global leader in eye-tracking technology, to integrate eye-tracking function into the GT72 gaming laptop. With this technology, the GT72 will offer deeper game immersion and most realistic experience available. MSI will showcase prototypes of the GT72 gaming notebook at COMPUTEX TAIPEI for visitors to experience eye-tracking technology. MSI GT72 also incorporates GTX 980M 8GB GDDR5 graphics with G-SYNC feature. G-SYNC’s revolutionary performance is achieved by synchronizing display refresh rates to the GPU in the GeForce GTX-powered system, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag. The results are instantly appearing scenes, sharper looking objects and super smooth gameplay. GT72 that packs powerful NVIDIA® G-SYNC technology will give gamers a stunning visual experience and a serious competitive edge.

A G-SYNC laptop? With a GTX 980m with 8GB GDDR5 vram?   

MSI Laptops to feature 5th Gen Intel CPUs

Premium Performance with 14nm 5th Generation Intel® Core i7 Quad Core Mobile Processors

MSI announces that all MSI GAMING series notebooks will pack the latest 5th Generation Intel® Core i7 processors. Core i7 5700HQ, the latest processor, brings up to 7~10% performance boost than its predecessors. The 5th Generation Core i7 5700HQ comes with the latest 14nm process technology, making the CPU smaller and more power efficient.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

The GTX 980M has always had an 8GB variant, and the G751JZ could use G-SYNC (though it wasn't officially supported.) Nevertheless, that's badass. Funny part is, the embargo probably hasn't lifted on the GT72 just yet (they requested Tom's take something about it down.) http://www.tomshardware.com/news/msi-gt72-gs60-gaming-laptops,29175.html

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Oh, cool. Type-0 is a pretty fun game. I picked it up on the XB1 since I didn't expect it to release on the PC. Hopefully it's a better port than the FF13 games have been so far. Be great if the PC version also came with a demo for 15, I'd be down for playing that again hopefully at a much more stable frame rate.

Was going to get a new GS60 but the black one. Can't wait for Computex btw!

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Is that GPU even powerfull enough to take advantage of that much ram?

Probably not, like those GT740 with 4GB vram. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

it is quite common that mobile gpu's have twice the vram, I think their memory chips are clocked at less speed so they need to put more in there to make up the effective memory speed, but I'm not sure, someone correct me I'm wrong

Quite excited about the FF type-0 news, really hope it's true. Now if just FFXV and Persona 5 could launch on PC then I would have no reason to get a PS4 :P

Case Define r3 CPU 3930k GPU EVGA GTX 780 RAM 16GB Vengeance PSU Corsair HX750W SSD Samung 840 Evo 500GB + Corsiar Force 120GB + Samsung 840 250GB HDD 2x WD Blue 1TB + Seagate 2TB Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 Monitor Asus MG279 Headphones Sennheiser HD700 + Beyerdynamic T51p + Sennheiser ie80 Microphone Rode Podcaster  DAC/Amp Denon DA-USB300 + Schiit Valhalla 

Quite excited about the FF type-0 news, really hope it's true. Now if just FFXV and Persona 5 could launch on PC then I would have no reason to get a PS4 :P

Same here, I'm guessing SE is gonna give more attention to PC market now that they've showcased the awesome DX12 demo  :lol:

I am totally going to steal that panel for an All-In-One. Mark my words.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I am totally going to steal that panel for an All-In-One. Mark my words.

You're building it from scratch?  :huh:

Final Fantasy Type-0 on PC?

*droolingintensifies*

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

You're building it from scratch?  :huh:

yeah, already got the design planned out in my head. Along with the circuitry to activate the internal LCD panel when i intend to use it, and deactivate it when its stowed. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.