School platform says virus, Avast and Anti-MalwareBytes call BS?

Go to solution Solved by minibois,

-snip-

You can change the file extension to .txt and at school change it back to .pptx or something?

Or are you not able to alter files on that school service?

Hello, and thanks for reading this already!

I'm trying to upload something to my school's platform (Smartschool). It's a powerpoint, like any other.

While uploading, it checks for viruses. And it says "this file contains a virus". I was scared, so ran a scan with Anti Malwarebytes and Avast. They call BS, and don't find anything.

Uploading in a .zip also does not work, so I have no idea what to do now.

Does any of you have an idea?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Virustotalled it. No virus!w4Nnp57.png

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

-snip-

You can change the file extension to .txt and at school change it back to .pptx or something?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Tell your school to shove off and get a better firewall/anti-virus program?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Talk to the administrators 

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Hello, and thanks for reading this already!

I'm trying to upload something to my school's platform (Smartschool). It's a powerpoint, like any other.

While uploading, it checks for viruses. And it says "this file contains a virus". I was scared, so ran a scan with Anti Malwarebytes and Avast. They call BS, and don't find anything.

Uploading in a .zip also does not work, so I have no idea what to do now.

Does any of you have an idea?

Thanks in advance!

What @mrswagbhinav said, you could take it to the tech guy and let them try and sort it out for you. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Tell your school to shove off and get a better firewall/anti-virus program?

The computers only have 2GB of ram, they might wanna focus on hardware first :P

That seems like a good idea! I'll try that. Will update in a sec!

Talk to the administrators 

What @mrswagbhinav said, you could take it to the tech guy and let them try and sort it out for you. 

Can't, it's too late in the evening (they probably stop working before I leave the school :P), and the project is due tomorrow. And the ICT department is super paranoid, every file gets monitored, and every visited site gets checked. It's insane!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

A bit late here but you could try to use an external method to host the file(s), such as dropbox, google drive, etc. It won't be able to check that ;)

A bit late here but you could try to use an external method to host the file(s), such as dropbox, google drive, etc. It won't be able to check that ;)

Great idea!

I'll first try @Minibois's suggestion, as it still allows me to keep it within the servers. If it doesn't work, I'll use your solution!

Basic guide to CPU's!

Keep us updated! (Btw, be happy to use smartschool... My old school used vvkso's system, that looked and worked as well as Windows 98 did. (atrocious) )

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Thanks a lot!

It got past the filter, but afterwards I decided to try the powerpoint one last time, and suddenly it passes.

Programming is not easy, but don't program if you can't, SchoolPlatforms.

Still thanks though!

Basic guide to CPU's!

Keep us updated! (Btw, be happy to use smartschool... My old school used vvkso's system, that looked and worked as well as Windows 98 did. (atrocious) )

We have hardware of Windows 98 :P

Well

Windows XP, or just before that.

Intel Core 2 Duo's are good, but not with Windows 7 :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

We have hardware of Windows 98 :P

Well

Windows XP, or just before that.

Intel Core 2 Duo's are good, but not with Windows 7 :P

Hah, glad Minibois idea worked.

Damn, that's some ... bad ... hardware... My school had iMacs. So while the hardware was ok, I HATED the OS so much I just started to bring my own laptop to school.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube