Ask a Brony anything.

codytappen

Are LLT embedded YouTube videos broken for everyone else? When I play them they sound like they've gone through a terrible filter, and they're mostly unintelligible.

Edit: Looks like I just had to update FireFox.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

but furry stuff is so sexy. I can't say that I like the majority of pony stuff, but some of it's good.

I've never understood why people watch the show, though.

I've never understood how someone could find humanised cartoon animals visually or sexually attractive either, but each to their own...

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Why?. just why?

This.

I draw the line at anime, this MLP crap is terrible. I don't care if it's a really good and funny show if you ran around irl or on facebook saying haha i love pinkie pie etcetc you would get punched in the mouth.

I cant stand the fandom at all.

This.

I draw the line at anime, this MLP crap is terrible. I don't care if it's a really good and funny show if you ran around irl or on facebook saying haha i love pinkie pie etcetc you would get punched in the mouth.

I draw the line before anime.

I draw the line before anime.

This.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Gays>Anime>furrys>bronys>

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

This.

If you're obnoxious you could get punched in the mouth (although battery is a serious crime). I personally don't run around IRL or on Facebook telling people I love ponies (well this AMA is essentially that, but I wanted to try an AMA so whatever), but it is a prominent interest of mine so I wouldn't try to hide it or be ashamed of it. If it's a 'good and funny show' why would you care that some guy ran around saying he loved Pinkie Pie? It doesn't make sense to me.

This.

I don't quite see why. Why can't other countries make good cartoons worthy of your praise or enjoyment?

Gays>Anime>furrys>bronys>

I'm not sure that's a question, but if I were to try to answer/correct it I would change anime to Otaku (if you want it not to have negative connotation) or Weeaboos (if you do want it to have negative connotation). Also I'm not sure why gay people are on a list of fan groups....Maybe you could put LTT fans at the top ;)

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

I don't quite see why. Why can't other countries make good cartoons worthy of your praise or enjoyment?

I don't watch cartoons made by anybody. Your primary problem is that you're watching something that's intended for children and extrapolating meaning that isn't really there to justify it, and the second problem is everyone thinks bronies are all like this (which is for the most part true):

and

I don't watch cartoons made by anybody. Your primary problem is that you're watching something that's intended for children and extrapolating meaning that isn't really there to justify it, and the second problem is everyone thinks bronies are all like this (which is for the most part true):

(VIDS REMOVED CAUSE QUOTE)

Exactly.

Im sorry to cody I came off a bit harsh, I understand if people like it cool but it's something that's been tainted so much by the bad side of the fandom. I just cannot get past that. I see no line between bronies & furries. Apart from the sexualizing but yeah.

Anime I can barely stand but that's because the fan base tends to be much more controlled & anime has quality, mature content. Still don't like it cause it isn't real.

Animated pink horses? No.

This is just a guess but...

Bro + Pony = Brony?  :lol:

Whatever, power to you!

Furry =/= MLP

Not all Furries enjoy yiff (rule 34)

< This Furry = No yiff.

I don't watch cartoons made by anybody.

I thought you agreed that you drew the line at anime, anime are cartoons. If you don't even like that then there's not much else I can say. I enjoy animation and you do not.

Your primary problem is that you're watching something that's intended for children and extrapolating meaning that isn't really there to justify it, and the second problem is everyone thinks bronies are all like this (which is for the most part true):

I am not facing a problem. I am not extrapolating any meaning to justify why I like My Little Pony; what meaning have I extrapolated? Even if I was however, it wouldn't matter because if there's meaning that I'm reading into something the meaning is there (intentional or otherwise). I would be enjoying the meaning I read into it, so why can't that be part of a justification?

Exactly.

Im sorry to cody I came off a bit harsh, I understand if people like it cool but it's something that's been tainted so much by the bad side of the fandom. I just cannot get past that. I see no line between bronies & furries. Apart from the sexualizing but yeah.

Anime I can barely stand but that's because the fan base tends to be much more controlled & anime has quality, mature content. Still don't like it cause it isn't real.

Animated pink horses? No.

I understand that people dislike animation; I won't try to fight you about it's merits. Thanks for the apology, you did come of sorta' harsh.

Have a wonderful day.

I understand that people dislike animation; I won't try to fight you about it's merits. Thanks for the apology, you did come of sorta' harsh.

It isn't animation its usually the fandom & image of it.

But you seem like one of the good ones.

I thought you agreed that you drew the line at anime, anime are cartoons. If you don't even like that then there's not much else I can say. I enjoy animation and you do not.

I am not facing a problem. I am not extrapolating any meaning to justify why I like My Little Pony; what meaning have I extrapolated? Even if I was however, it wouldn't matter because if there's meaning that I'm reading into something the meaning is there (intentional or otherwise). I would be enjoying the meaning I read into it, so why can't that be part of a justification?

It's just so immature and there's nothing appealing about watching cartoon horses play around and make retarded jokes. It's plain silly and the fandom is ridiculous.

It's just so immature and there's nothing appealing about watching cartoon horses play around and make retarded jokes. It's plain silly and the fandom is ridiculous.

I clearly am unable to persuade you to change your views. I'll wait for more questions to answer.

Have a wonderful day.

I clearly am unable to persuade you to change your views. I'll wait for more questions to answer.

You failed simply because you tried to change his opinion. The attempt of changing an opinion is just as much saying that a person is "wrong". Sure, some people may love bronies, some people might have the strongest distaste towards them. Regardless, the only thing that you should ask of them is their opinion and not try to dispute it. Discussion is 100% okay and I highly recommend it.

Just a heads-up.

mkylem, on 20 Jul 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

You failed simply because you tried to change his opinion. The attempt of changing an opinion is just as much saying that a person is "wrong". Sure, some people may love bronies, some people might have the strongest distaste towards them. Regardless, the only thing that you should ask of them is their opinion and not try to dispute it. Discussion is 100% okay and I highly recommend it.

Just a heads-up.

Dispute is part of good discussion. Talking without a point to make is worthless. If you discuss anything you are bringing it to light by sharing your insight and information that you have, and if you can't persuade someone to listen to, care about, or agree with what you are saying you are fighting an impossible battle. This is what happened in the comment string you replied to. I have not failed by trying to change opinion, I have failed by having information, arguments, and opinions that are disregarded by @Lyons. The only failure would be if I had tried to change fact; opinion can and should be changed.

Have a wonderful day.

Dispute is part of good discussion. Talking without a point to make is worthless. If you discuss anything you are bringing it to light by sharing your insight and information that you have, and if you can't persuade someone to listen to, care about, or agree with what you are saying you are fighting an impossible battle. This is what happened in the comment string you replied to. I have not failed by trying to change opinion, I have failed by having information, arguments, and opinions that are disregarded by @Lyons. The only failure would be if I had tried to change fact; opinion can and should be changed.

My point was essentially, why do you like it? It's an AMA, after all. ALL I was doing is saying I don't see any kind of appeal.

My point was essentially, why do you like it? It's an AMA, after all. ALL I was doing is saying I don't see any kind of appeal.

If you had asked it like that it would have been easier for me to answer. As it stood it seemed like an insult towards me for enjoying it so I figured you were done discussing it. Onto the appeal, I've already affirmed that I'm personally comfortable watching shows that might be considered girly or childish because if the show is good enough, it doesn't matter what others think of it. The animation quality of MLP is very high to say the least; the animation is fluid, and there are never any noticeable quality cuts (happens much too often in many anime and hand drawn animations). The slice of life conflict is well mixed with comedy, especially compared to most slice of life shows that don't even pretend to carry a semblance of a conflict. The musical numbers in the show are fantastic rivaling Phineas and Ferb for music in modern cartoons (Phineas and Ferb has better music whereas MLP's choreography is superior). The characters are complex and well written, specifically for female characters in American cartoons. The vast majority of the show is well written (there are two poorly written episodes) and flows well. The concepts and ideals conveyed in the MLP universe, it's stories, and it's characters are positive and uplifting. In the end if you wouldn't want to watch anything slice of life you couldn't like MLP because that's the type of show it is, but if you can enjoy slice of life (like me) it's a fantastic series.

Note: I speak in this like what I am saying is fact; I'm sure you're aware it's not. I just wanted to say I'm not claiming it is.

Have a wonderful day.

The animation quality of MLP is very high to say the least; the animation is fluid, and there are never any noticeable quality cuts (happens much too often in many anime and hand drawn animations). 

There are very common mistakes with characters and duplicate limbs and such. Not to mention the quality of the Timberwolves in Season 3 Episode 9 "Spike at Your Service" Very choppy framerate as if they didn't have enough time to render everything.

If you must say that what you're saying is fact, then I shall be the fact checker. You're becoming irritated by the aspect that some people don't agree with your opinion, let alone state their own. Saying that one can't "enjoy a slice of life" is absurd.

Not necessarily as my opinion on the XBox One will never change as well as where PC stands for gaming. Having a discussion is having the ability to have a middle ground between two different opinions, something that you clearly having trouble accepting. Right now, it's like arguing whose favorite flavor of ice cream is better. One being pistachio (my favorite, BTW), the other being neapolitan. You're not going to change my opinion based on "facts" by being informed or not, especially on this subject. You definitely shouldn't try to change @Lyons because I consider that to be disrespectful and I love his avatar. Try to think through this and come back with a response when you're calm and happy that you've thought of something good.

Also, links should be provided if you're going to make claims on facts.

Fair play to ya...

If I was to tell my mother I was gay (not btw) I reckon she would handle it pretty well...

If I ever told her I wanted to be a pony that would have been the end of me :lol:

You rock on there, son... be a pony!

How is it that a AMA Brony thread can get as heated as the gay marriage threads? It's a children's TV show for crying out loud, I'd think that the hate people have shown here could be put towards more constructive things.

How is it that a AMA Brony thread can get as heated as the gay marriage threads? It's a children's TV show for crying out loud, I'd think that the hate people have shown here could be put towards more constructive things.

It's because both challenge societal constructs. I'm absolutely fine with both and I support those who enjoy the show and/or fandom to keep doing so and I support homosexuals to do whatever they want. 

There are those who do accept it, some that tolerate it, and others who just despise it altogether. Generally speaking, people don't want to be wrong or seem like their opinion is null, so they'll challenge the opposing opinions. Generally maliciously. The entire thing that I've been going for is that one is not more right than the other considering that this isn't a topic about human rights (which I'm a huge advocate for). It's all just a matter of opinion on how someone gets entertainment.

As little of importance as that seems, people still will fight about it. I don't know why. 

It's because both challenge societal constructs. I'm absolutely fine with both and I support those who enjoy the show and/or fandom to keep doing so and I support homosexuals to do whatever they want. 

There are those who do accept it, some that tolerate it, and others who just despise it altogether. Generally speaking, people don't want to be wrong or seem like their opinion is null, so they'll challenge the opposing opinions. Generally maliciously. The entire thing that I've been going for is that one is not more right than the other considering that this isn't a topic about human rights (which I'm a huge advocate for). It's all just a matter of opinion on how someone gets entertainment.

As little of importance as that seems, people still will fight about it. I don't know why. 

And by that, it's hard to think a lot of people who fight about this kind of subject. A person is only as big as the things they fight for, and in this case, MLP is a very small thing.