Ask a Brony anything.

codytappen

I'm trying to do the same thing as the other AMA I just posted (link: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/37533-ask-a-pewdiepie-fan-bro/ ). I'd like to help people understand my fan-base or tell people anything else anyone could want to hear from me.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Why?. just why?

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I'd rather not, cause what i would say. probably against  CoC

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Why?. just why?

This, and why do you continue to throw it in our faces? I know this sounds negative, but it's about enough by now. :(

How many GBytes is the whole MLP series? 

On DVD, downloaded from Itunes, on Blu-Ray? You have to specify.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Isn't it a bit childish?

EDIT: Sorry, very.

Why?. just why?

I thought doing an AMA would be fun, and I figured that Bronies are pretty well despised so that would be a good one to try out. If you're asking why I like My Little Pony it's a very long story. The short version is that I've been big into cartoons and anime for as long as I can remember; when everyone told me I had to try MLP I did. I liked the show, and I fell in love with many of the cool content producers in the fandom. I've been watching tons of MLP (probably more fan content than official content)since.

Have a wonderful day.

Isn't it a bit childish?

EDIT: Sorry, very.

Yes, yes it is. I don't think being childish is a downside quite honestly.

Have a wonderful day.

Do you enjoy the 34 of the series?

No, I can't stand it. I tend to stay pretty far away from any furry stuff; it's always grossed me out a little (no offense intended).

Have a wonderful day.

use multiquote. 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

No, I can't stand it. I tend to stay pretty far away from any furry stuff; it's always grossed me out a little (no offense intended).

but furry stuff is so sexy. I can't say that I like the majority of pony stuff, but some of it's good.

I've never understood why people watch the show, though.

On DVD, downloaded from Itunes, on Blu-Ray? You have to specify.

I got the big screen. blu ray rip please.

Oh, one real question: Are bronys [bronies?] hardcore or casual watchers or what? I have seen one episode, I thought it looked nice. Thats why grown ass men watch it right? looks nice? lines? colors?

but furry stuff is so sexy. 

Furryhub.com ... <.<

I thought doing an AMA would be fun, and I figured that Bronies are pretty well despised so that would be a good one to try out. If you're asking why I like My Little Pony it's a very long story. The short version is that I've been big into cartoons and anime for as long as I can remember; when everyone told me I had to try MLP I did. I liked the show, and I fell in love with many of the cool content producers in the fandom. I've been watching tons of MLP (probably more fan content than official content)since.

What makes you as a man like that show? It was meant for kids and all of a sudden a million grown ass men love it more than the kids do.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

JaeDee884, on 19 Jul 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

use multiquote.

Fine, but I still don't know why.

Art Vandelay, on 19 Jul 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

but furry stuff is so sexy. I can't say that I like the majority of pony stuff, but some of it's good.

I've never understood why people watch the show, though.

I watch it because I think that the slice of life comedy is funny, the voice acting is nice, the animation quality (more so in the second and third season) is superb, the characters are complex, and I love the fan content.

Nort, on 19 Jul 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

How come people want to be Bronies, is it just a license to post pictures of cartoon horses wherever they go?

Brony is a tittle just like furry, it just means that you like something. Definitely not a license to go around being pests.

Wats, on 19 Jul 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

I got the big screen. blu ray rip please.

Oh, one real question: Are bronys [bronies?] hardcore or casual watchers or what? I have seen one episode, I thought it looked nice. Thats why grown ass men watch it right? looks nice? lines? colors?

A high quality rip of all three seasons would be around 50GB by my estimation. Brony can be a hardcore or casual watcher (I fall towards the hardcore side), it's just identifying with a fandom. I personally don't love the first few episodes of the show (first three), they're not bad by any stretch of the imagination but they aren't as good as the normal slice of life content. I enjoy it for the same reasons I'd enjoy any other cartoon/anime as I've listed in another response in this post, but the reason it's such a big deal to me is fan content. I probably like Friendship is Witchcraft (an MLP abridged series) more than I like the actual show, or fan music like

or

more than I like the music in the show. The community and content that the show inspires make it stand out as more than a great show.

Nort, on 19 Jul 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

Furryhub.com ... <.<

lelz

Have a wonderful day.

What makes you as a man like that show? It was meant for kids and all of a sudden a million grown ass men love it more than the kids do.

As a man that's comfortable watching stuff like School Rumble, Nichijou, Sgt. Frog, Sponge Bob, and some Magical Girl anime I don't think that it's unreasonable that I like a kids show more than some kids do. Take Sgt. Frog for example, the shows target audience was 4-11 year Japanese kids or even Sponge Bob, it's not necessarily targeted at me but I can still enjoy it.

Have a wonderful day.

someone first explain to me what a "Brony" is ...

The term is used to refer to someone who watches the show My Little Pony outside of it's target demographic, but it's mostly used now describe anyone as being a part of the MLP fandom. Think Trekkie

Have a wonderful day.

Do you watch anything other than anime or MLP?

The term is used to refer to someone who watches the show My Little Pony outside of it's target demographic, but it's mostly used now describe anyone as being a part of the MLP fandom. Think Trekkie

thanks 

Do you watch anything other than anime or MLP?

Yes, I do. Not too much American TV though, only Psych, the Walking Dead (haven't watched season three yet), and Game of Thrones (just started last week). If you count American cartoons other than MLP, I watch Adventure Time. I also watch ton of internet content.

Note: I usually prefer animation to live action.

Have a wonderful day.