I hate EK right now...

Go to solution Solved by EK Luc,

Sorry to arrive late in the discussion Reece Leu  :(

For hard tubing, the things is that Primochill uses is own true 3/8" x 1/2" which is only compatible with their Hard Tube Fittings.

EK and Bitspower uses the metric system so it's 10mm x 12mm and they are compatible at least with EK, Bitspower and E22 acrylic tubing.

I'm very sorry for the wrong info you did get.

I don't normally purchase EK products because I personally don't like their over-priced items for the quality you get. Even the fittings I recently purchased from EK feel weak and cheap compared to primochills. So I needed to buy two 90 degree angled fittings and two compression fittings for my hardline rig. I am using primochill 1/2" OD 3/8" ID tubing with their ghost compression fittings. Living in Canada and shipping from the US to here just for primochill fittings costs A WHOLE LOT. NCIX had some EK compression fittings with their 90 degree elbow, the fittings stated "12mm 1/2" OD 1/8" ID. I purchase them, bring them home and noticed, wow my primochill tubing that is also 1/2" OD 3/8" ID DOES NOT FIT!

Huh, I measured the hole on EKs compression fitting, it was 12.1mm, my primochill tubing is 12.7mm. In-case you didn't know, 1/2" is 12.7mm NOT 12.1mm. Basically EK wants to force people to purchase their tubing for their fittings. I hate acrylic tubing, using PETG from primochill but I guess now I have to use acrylic in this little area that connects the GPUs.

Yes you can call me an idiot, it does state 12mm but why say it's 1/2" OD when really it isn't?

Oh well, you win EK. I'll be purchasing your tubing but I won't be purchasing anything else from you.

EDIT: Seems like it was NCIXs fault, still dislike how EK makes their stuff 12mm and not a standard 12.7mm

blackshades on

What about their waterblocks? I've heard they are some of the best out there.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I haven't owned one, they do look nice but for the price I don't think I'll ever buy one unless I have too.

blackshades on

I heard about this from yourtube videos, where there is a slight discrepancy in tubing size.

Personally I think it's a measuring issue, converting from inches to mm and vice-versa is imprecise many times. If only the freaking US would join to the Metric Masterrace, this wouldn't be a problem.

I heard about this from yourtube videos, where there is a slight discrepancy in tubing size.

Personally I think it's a measuring issue, converting from inches to mm and vice-versa is imprecise many times. If only the freaking US would join to the Metric Masterrace, this wouldn't be a problem.

We don't need your filthy metric system.

Sadly, most people in the USA don't know metric units very well. I think I'm better with metric, but for some things I just need to do an approximate conversion to really thing about how big/heavy/other something is.

They're very nice. I own an EK supremacy EVO cpu block, however after removing it for changing tubing the O-ring somehow dried up and the block began to leak. While it was probably an anomally I was sorta butthurt so I picked up a Swiftech block. But I still have love for EK because I use their GPU block which is also very nice and high-end. 

Still, after all this time they should have solved it. Maybe it was a mistake but now they're just taking advantage.

blackshades on

@EK_Derick

:3

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

EK is one of the best.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

EK is one of the best.

Oh boy I wish that was true. People chant EK but really the issues are muffled since people are afraid to stir the pot. Too bad I love stirring pots.

blackshades on

???
It's common knowledge that EK fittings for EK tubing are different than Primochill fittings for primochill tubing

They are two different sizes of tubing

You cannot mix fittings

There is a reason why EK says its fittings are 12mm while primochill says their fittings are 1/2"

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Oh boy I wish that was true. People chant EK but really the issues are muffled since people are afraid to stir the pot. Too bad I love stirring pots.

I've never once had a problem from my EK blocks. I use EK compression fittings, they do feel a little weak but I've never used any other fittings, so I can't compare. Even if they werent the best I'd pay the premium for the looks.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

???

It's common knowledge that EK fittings for EK tubing are different than Primochill fittings for primochill tubing

They are two different sizes of tubing

You cannot mix fittings

So you're saying 1/2 inches is different from 1/2 inches? Huh, didn't know that.

They never stated, MUST USE WITH EK ACRYLIC TUBING ONLY.

blackshades on

So you're saying 1/2 inches is different from 1/2 inches? Huh, didn't know that.

They never stated, MUST USE WITH EK ACRYLIC TUBING ONLY.

12mm is different from 1/2"

EK lists their fittings at 12mm not 1/2"

Its not restricted to EK hardline tubing either, just 12mm tubing

And the primochill tubing is 1/2" not 12mm

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

12mm is different from 1/2"

EK lists their fittings at 12mm not 1/2"

Ek Water Blocks EK-HDC Fitting 12MM G1/4-ADAPTER Fitting for Solid Tube OD 1/2 Inch (12MM) - Black

12mm and 1/2" 

Why put 1/2" when it isn't 1/2"?

blackshades on

Ek Water Blocks EK-HDC Fitting 12MM G1/4-ADAPTER Fitting for Solid Tube OD 1/2 Inch (12MM) - Black

12mm and 1/2" 

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-psc-fitting-12mm-g1-4.html

It does not say 1/2"

It says

For tubes: 

Metric: 

- ID 12mm; OD 16mm 

- ID 11,1mm; OD 15,9mm 

Inch: 

- ID 15/32"; OD 5/8" 

- ID 7/16", OD 5/8" 

Spoiler

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-psc-fitting-12mm-g1-4.html

It does not say 1/2"

It says

For tubes: 

Metric: 

- ID 12mm; OD 16mm 

- ID 11,1mm; OD 15,9mm 

Inch: 

- ID 15/32"; OD 5/8" 

- ID 7/16", OD 5/8" 

http://www.ncix.com/detail/ek-water-blocks-ek-hdc-fitting-4e-106160.htm

blackshades on

12mm and 1/2" 

Water cooling is a mixed batch in itself since hardline tends to be in metric for exact measure, and nominal for imperial measurements when soft tube can go both ways but is more common to find imperial being exact and metric being nominal size. 

Did you seriously buy a product from a retailer without checking the manufacturer's specifications???

Do you realize how often retailers put wrong information on products?

You could complain to NCIX and ask for a refund because of the wrong information, but you should have known better than to buy something based on what a retailer says...

Spoiler

dont bitch about ek fittings they didnt screw it up ncix did go complain at them they have it listed right same thing with microcenter they have all the sizes for hard line all mixed up say a 1/2 tube is 3/8 ect ek makes some of the best blocks you can buy but sometimes there fittings feel weak

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

Did you seriously buy a product from a retailer without checking the manufacturer's specifications???

Do you realize how often retailers put wrong information on products?

You could complain to NCIX and ask for a refund because of the wrong information, but you should have known better than to buy something based on what a retailer says...

I'm sorry I would expect NCIX to have it correct but I'm also sorry I didn't know 1/2" was not EXACTLY 12.7mm. I still blame EK for making their stuff 12.1mm so that you must purchase their exact tubing and fittings.

blackshades on

there are two types of hardline sizes and only can use matching fittings do more research before you buy some more of them and check overlclock.net they have a thread with the brands you can use with each brand's hardline's

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

Contacting NCIX now... still going to have to purchase EK tubing since I don't want a refund then have to wait 2 weeks for primochill fittings.

blackshades on