iPhone 6 price...ridiculous

FairladyZ

Why would we pay 700 dollars for 1GB of RAM and a slow dual core CPU? Why would we pay for a barely 720p screen? Why would we pay for a phone that's paper thin and bends like a squished piece of cardboard? I'd value the iPhone 6 at $250. The only thing it has going is the build materials. A similar phone to the 6 that probably performs better for the price would be the BLU Life Pure. It's $299.99 I believe, and has 2GB of RAM and a 2.0GHz quad core CPU. However, it's mostly plastic, but it's not the glossy crap that we saw on the Desire 610 from HTC.

People that reply to this are going to be pretty mad at me for hating on their favorite device. And I will admit, the new iPhones are a delight to use, but their price is ridiculous.

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!

Because iOS with that hardware even still runs smoothly, because it's simple. And plus, i think the GPU is still pretty good in it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

looks over function is apples policy and people will buy anything that has apple on it thats about it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Why would we pay 700 dollars for 1GB of RAM and a slow dual core CPU? Why would we pay for a barely 720p screen? Why would we pay for a phone that's paper thin and bends like a squished piece of cardboard? I'd value the iPhone 6 at $250. The only thing it has going is the build materials. A similar phone to the 6 that probably performs better for the price would be the BLU Life Pure. It's $299.99 I believe, and has 2GB of RAM and a 2.0GHz quad core CPU. However, it's mostly plastic, but it's not the glossy crap that we saw on the Desire 610 from HTC.

People that reply to this are going to be pretty mad at me for hating on their favorite device. And I will admit, the new iPhones are a delight to use, but their price is ridiculous.

The dual core CPU of the iPhone 6 is pretty powerful, because its a dual core doesn't mean its slow. As for the screen, it is vibrant and sharp even though its sub 720p.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

Because iOS with that hardware even still runs smoothly, because it's simple. And plus, i think the GPU is still pretty good in it.

It's not really that it has a powerful GPU, but that 750p is nowhere near as demanding as the 1080p and 1440p that we're seeing on Android.

As for the screen, it is vibrant and sharp even though its sub 720p.

Honestly, 720p/750p still annoys me at 4.7". It's not "retina" display when there's a noticeable improvement going from the iPhone 6 to the Galaxy S4.

"Rawr XD"

It's not really that it has a powerful GPU, but that 750p is nowhere near as demanding as the 1080p and 1440p that we're seeing on Android.

Honestly, 720p/750p still annoys me at 4.7". It's not "retina" display when there's a noticeable improvement going from the iPhone 6 to the Galaxy S4.

Yeah, so less stress on the CPU, which leaves it for other tasks, such as video watching, Netflixing, gaming, etc.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Don't question it or you'll go crazy. I have asked the same question over and over again to people defending the iphone, and we never got anything useful out of that. Aside from those that don't know any better, there are people for whom a "fashion statement" is more important than price/performance ratio. I, too, have a hard time understanding why anyone would pay almost 4 times the price of a zenfone 2 for essentuially the same performance and features. But they'll tell you design makes all the difference, and is worth paying a LOT more for.They'll tell you the software is much better (on which I call bs, but a big part of it is personal preference) and is worth the missing features or overblown price. For me it's nonsense. But apparently for others it's not. Most people here know what they are talking about and exactly what they are getting. If they still want it, good for them I suppose.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

it costs that much because people are willing to pay that much. You are not who they are after. They like customers who are more drone like. 

Yeah, so less stress on the CPU, which leaves it for other tasks, such as video watching, Netflixing, gaming, etc.

At the cost of overall niceness of the display when you're only doing basic things like web browsing or social networking, which pretty much everyone I know does more of on their phone then media consumption or gaming.

"Rawr XD"

Don't question it or you'll go crazy. I have asked the same question over and over again to people defending the iphone, and we never got anything useful out of that. Aside from those that don't know any better, there are people for whom a "fashion statement" is more important than price/performance ratio. I, too, have a hard time understanding why anyone would pay almost 4 times the price of a zenfone 2 for essentuially the same performance and features. But they'll tell you design makes all the difference, and is worth paying a LOT more for.They'll tell you the software is much better (on which I call bs, but a big part of it is personal preference) and is worth the missing features or overblown price. For me it's nonsense. But apparently for others it's not. Most people here know what they are talking about and exactly what they are getting. If they still want it, good for them I suppose.

But really, they really do pay attention to detail. For example, the Galaxy S6, which looks a lot like the iphone, has a speaker grill like it, but it isn't even centered, whereas the iphone has a centered speaker and same goes for the charging port and the headphone jack. In the end, it's all these tiny attention to details that make the iPhone a lot nicer than the S6 IMO.

wut... duncan stfu lol

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Zenfone 2 or the new Alcatel Idol Touch 3 5.5 is where android phones shine, great performance/price ratio. At the top you over pay for build quality which is exactly the same as what happens with appel.

But really, they really do pay attention to detail. For example, the Galaxy S6, which looks a lot like the iphone, has a speaker grill like it, but it isn't even centered, whereas the iphone has a centered speaker and same goes for the charging port and the headphone jack. In the end, it's all these tiny attention to details that make the iPhone a lot nicer than the S6 IMO.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

At the cost of overall niceness of the display when you're only doing basic things like web browsing or social networking, which pretty much everyone I know does more of on their phone then media consumption or gaming.

I watch a lot of youtube on my phone though, but i've done it mostly on an iphone, and it still looks pretty good. I admit, when Retina first came out, i thought it was pretty swell, but then android took over with more dense screens, so i think apple better step up their game. At least the 6+ has a full HD screen.

One thing (and probably the only thing), that Apple does good, is protecting you. If you get a virus on an Ios device, than you are lying or jailbreaking.

For the rest? Fast breaking s*** on a stick.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Why would we pay 700 dollars for 1GB of RAM and a slow dual core CPU?

it is not a slow dual core.

it beats even those fancy octa-core phones.

Why would we pay for a barely 720p screen?

because although it is 720p, it still beats the hell out of many other much higher res screens.

Why would we pay for a phone that's paper thin and bends like a squished piece of cardboard?

it doesn't.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

YouTube on iPhone is so bad when I compare it to my OnePlus One. You can barely watch it at 720p and it's very sluggish. 

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Man, you aren't going to convince me a centered speaker is worth 600$ ^^ but I agree with @ZetZet, higher end android phones are just as overpriced. I would still place pure performance over tiny details, but I would never pay more than 350 bucks when there are things like the zenfone 2 and idol touch 3 around. It just doesn't make any sense to me, blowing signficant amounts of money out of my own laziness when it comes to pressing a weirdly placed lock button and loosing features and performance in the process.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

One thing (and probably the only thing), that Apple does good, is protecting you. If you get a virus on an Ios device, than you are lying or jailbreaking.

For the rest? Fast breaking s*** on a stick.

galaxy phones are nsa approved m8 if it's good enough for them it's good enough for any person. http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/22/nsa-approves-samsung-galaxy-knox/

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

what else would yo use those 700$ for? a gtx 980? lol

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Why?

1. Apple doesn't give a fuck if their opponent's phone have better spec, they win the customers by the design

2. Software-wise, iOS is very optimized for apple's hardware, so basically even with a sub-$200 spec iphone can still run as smooth as $500 android phone

3. Service

4. The logo, doesn't matter if an iphone is $1000, people will still buy and complain nothing about it

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

because when you look at it from a percieved performance standpoint, it performs just as well as the best of the android phones. in the IOS ecosystem, they have proven time and time again that the performance of a phone is not just a function of it's specs, but also of the software ontop of it. I'll admit that I love android and would not use an iphone as my primary phone, but I can't deny that the iphone has superior build quality and is overall less buggy.

I wouldn't value the iphone at $700 but I'd say that a 32 or 64gb version at $600 would be a fair deal even though I know they're pulling massive profits.

I watch a lot of youtube on my phone though, but i've done it mostly on an iphone, and it still looks pretty good. I admit, when Retina first came out, i thought it was pretty swell, but then android took over with more dense screens, so i think apple better step up their game. At least the 6+ has a full HD screen.

6 Plus screen is nice. Around 400ppi is the line where you start to not see pixels and fuzziness, not the 326 that Apple had previously imposed. 

You know that I go through a lot of phones, this is my "benchmark" video for media consumption experience between devices

As I stated earlier, between the iPhone 6 and my S4 I was using at the time (me and my friend switched for a week for lols), there was a noticeable decrease in general "quality" going to the iPhone 6 in media consumption. And it's even more noticeable when reading text.

Well yes, it's like the Intel vs AMD argument on PC, except that there's only 3 apps on Android that can actually take advantage of all 8 cores well (Asphalt 8, Modern Combat 5 and the Riptide GP series)

because although it is 720p, it still beats the hell out of many other much higher res screens.

It doesn't.

"Rawr XD"

it doesn't.

well, for one thing they are not actually octa cores ^^ they are two quad cores advertised as an octa for the awe factor... the atom in the zenfone 2 pretty much wipes the floor with an A8 cpuwise.

Frankly, unless it's oled (and it isn't) I wouldn't place the iphone's screen 400$ above other ips screens, even the worse calibrated ones.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*