One Of The World's Best AI Computers Is As Smart As A Four-Year-Old

REDNINJA2012

I dunno, in Arma 2 those bastards were smart enough to flank me from the back and kill me....

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I dunno, in Arma 2 those bastards were smart enough to flank me from the back and kill me....

You've got a point Arma 2 AI are smarter than I am. No where near as skilled though ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

so how much longer until we get intelligent AIs that adapt to our games like in quake 3 except on a larger scale. For example instead of AI being scripted to act a ceritan way if a player does something unexpected they would act a certian way because that is who they are. So say you rescued Boromir in a full LOTR rpg game that didn't suck (so clearly it couldn't have a WB sticker on it) and Boromir instead of being scripted that he should do x which would affect y which would change z etc. he would do x becuase that is what he would do based on his scripted character which would then cause y and would change z, etc. I hope my example is good... also it would be awesome to talk to an inteligent learning AI, not one that says x when you say y. more like the javis from Iron Man and all these AIs put together would make the best video game AI ever seen:)

Highly misleading title.

A 4 year old has long achieved self- awareness and comes up with own ideas via abstract thinking and creativity. 

This computer is not as smart as a 4 year old.

i7 4770K - Maximus VI Formula - GTX 780 Ti - Corsair 900D 

Until it refers to itself as skynet I'm ok

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

I'd like to see IBM Watson take an IQ test. Guarantee it would score very high.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I'd like to see IBM Watson take an IQ test. Guarantee it would score very high.

Doesn't Watson basically just search data bases, narrow stuff down and select the best answer? At least that's what it did on Jeopardy.

One search and it has all the answers.

so how much longer until we get intelligent AIs that adapt to our games like in quake 3 except on a larger scale. For example instead of AI being scripted to act a ceritan way if a player does something unexpected they would act a certian way because that is who they are. So say you rescued Boromir in a full LOTR rpg game that didn't suck (so clearly it couldn't have a WB sticker on it) and Boromir instead of being scripted that he should do x which would affect y which would change z etc. he would do x becuase that is what he would do based on his scripted character which would then cause y and would change z, etc. I hope my example is good... also it would be awesome to talk to an inteligent learning AI, not one that says x when you say y. more like the javis from Iron Man and all these AIs put together would make the best video game AI ever seen:)

I don't know if that can be truly done. You can give it tons of options so that it feels like it is truly thinking for itself but it will never make those decisions out of thin air. Like if you talk to something in a game. The computer will analyze what you are saying and look at keywords to see if you are angry, sad or whatever. It will then pick a response. Either to be sympathetic, hostile or helpful. Those choices might be made at random or they might be based on previous encounters. I think something like this will be the closest we will get to interacting with characters in game that is more than just one option leads to one outcome model.

To be honest all it looks like is that its had a database of knowledge installed on it. That article says it had trouble with the why questions but aced the straight out questions.

Doesn't Watson basically just search data bases, narrow stuff down and select the best answer? At least that's what it did on Jeopardy.

One search and it has all the answers.

That's exactly what it does.

But I doubt it would have a hard time doing an IQ test.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Until it refers to itself as skynet I'm ok

i'm sorry Dave i'm afraid I cant let you live

Console gamers, behind PC gamers by ten years since 2000