[Witcher 3 Incoming Patches]"CD Projekt tackles The Witcher 3 downgrade issue head on" -Eurogamer.net

Da fak?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt

Look at engine mate..it says RedEngine 3

AFAIK it's not CryEngine.

Either that, or i am just stupid....

You are correct its their own engine!!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So long as people are willing to buy radioactive gold that might not be that impossible and it would be a byproduct of generating electricity.

On a more serious note, CD Projekt Red is awesome when it comes to supporting their games. It's why I will continue to support them by buying their games. Also with Sweetfx The Witcher 3 actually looks pretty good. Sure some of the textures could be a bit better but otherwise it looks good enough for me. Although I'm sad that I can't run hair physics at 1440 with more than 20-30 fps.

TheWitcherSettings.jpg

Set it to 16x, if you have a highend card, or 8x, if you need a little more frames. Now you're looking at a 5 fps penalty, instead of 20-30fps.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

This was interesting to read. Now I know everyone will just say "oh but if you got rid of consoles, they'd just go to the PC side and buy games that way". Ehh...no. Most people are idiots. They want the lowest common denominator. PCs are not that. PC fanboys are naive in thinking that people would switch. They wouldn't, not in the droves you think. 

So I guess you have to ask yourself, was the downgrade worth it to have a game of this scale at all, or would you have preferred something far less (if anything at all)? 

I don't have the exact quote from CDPR, but they said in that same article that if they didn't have the consoles they wouldn't be able to afford to make the game what it is today.

So in a way we benefit by having the consoles included so CDPR has the money to make the game they envisioned.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

Does anyone else see this and think: How do you run that in an open world game?

Triple Titan X's at 30fps.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

i want this so bad

http://imgur.com/a/spELM

Whats shown in the top picture is unfortunately just an in-engine demo... not actually "gameplay". Its the character walking around in an environment without an entire game behind it - kinda like unigine valley where you can walk around...

Check this one out:

UnrealisticComplexGrunion.gif

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Whats shown in the top picture is unfortunately just an in-engine demo... not actually "gameplay". Its the character walking around in an environment without an entire game behind it - kinda like unigine valley where you can walk around...

Check this one out:

I still want it.

Check this one out:

UnrealisticComplexGrunion.gif

Which is completely retarded. That's like someone presenting the valley benchmark or similar ones at full graphical fidelity as an actual game, but when the game is actually finished we get something akin to Spyro the Dragon. 

Or its like a company presenting some new fancy one-off Ferrari-esque supercar, but due to real world constraints, upon delivery it's actually a MR2 with carbonfibre body, a "fast" engine and a sound system that mimics the promo cars engine sound that syncs with the acceleration and breaking.

Just no.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

I'm quite happy with game even though it's sad we couldn't get those visuals from early demos in open world. Still loving the series!

They stated:
"If the consoles are not involved there is no Witcher 3 as it is," Iwinski said. "We can lay it out that simply. We just cannot afford it, because consoles allow us to go higher in terms of the possible or achievable sales; have a higher budget for the game, and invest it all into developing this huge, gigantic world."

"Developing only for the PC: yes, probably we could get more [in terms of graphics] as there would be nothing else - they would be so focused, like if we would develop only on Xbox One or PlayStation 4. But then we cannot afford such a game."

While this may be true for this company in terms of budged and world size, I can't see it for some others out there...

I understand that multiplatform can boost sales for specific games that can be playable on all and reason companies do it, but it still sucks how consoles are it's own platform with limitations. I mean it's all pretty much PCs just with different power and consoles are just not a part of as 'one PC' environment. It would've been way better and easier if consoles are just simply weaker PCs within same ecosystem so we can just have 1 platform. It would work out well for everyone.

Some GIFs
http://imgur.com/a/spELM

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I think the dev is getting to much shit about this... Whats starting to annoy me is that the only thing people seem to see is the differences between what was basically a tech demo and the finished title. Meanwhile completely ignoring the fact that W3 is still one of the best looking games out there and that what they saw in 2013 wouldnt run on most PCs anyway... :P In that interview one of the devs said he regrets showing the 2013 trailer because everyone is loosing their shit meanwhile companys like UBI keep pumping out crappy ports and people just kinda grown and move on.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

That's like someone presenting the valley benchmark or similar ones at full graphical fidelity as an actual game, but when the game is actually finished we get something akin to Spyro the Dragon. 

Or its like a company presenting some new fancy one-off Ferrari-esque supercar, but due to real world constraints, upon delivery it's actually a MR2 with carbonfibre body, a "fast" engine and a sound system that mimics the promo cars engine sound that syncs with the acceleration and breaking.

Just no.

Funny, i had pretty much the same allegory in my head about graphics downgrades except that in this case youre kinda missing a main point... :P the finished game is still a freaking lamborghini while the tech demo was some crazy exotic hyper-car like a koenigsegg. It not like the Assassins Creed or Watchdogs stuff, yet CDPR is getting absolutely hammered by the community... kinda starting to feel bad for them.

Fine by me. I could care less about the crashes as long as their actively trying to fix it.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Funny, i had pretty much the same allegory in my head about graphics downgrades except that in this case youre kinda missing a main point... :P the finished game is still a freaking lamborghini while the tech demo was some crazy exotic hyper-car like a koenigsegg. It not like the Assassins Creed or Watchdogs stuff, yet CDPR is getting absolutely hammered by the community... kinda starting to feel bad for them.

Yeah a tech demo..... Thats my point, shouldnt of been a friggin techdemo in the 1st place, but an actual GAME

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Da fak?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt

Look at engine mate..it says RedEngine 3

AFAIK it's not CryEngine.

Either that, or i am just stupid....

Even though it wasn the carry point of my reply,  Isn't the redengine just heavily tweaked, changed, altered code of CryEngine? (as you have access to source code if you buy the highest  license) 

Yeah a tech demo..... Thats my point, shouldnt of been a friggin techdemo in the 1st place, but an actual GAME

Do you honestly think that all parts of the game are developed at the same time, and every part of the world reaches 100% at the same time?  CDPR has already said that in the demo's, the settings they used suited smaller areas (which is what the majority of the demo showed) but when applied to the open world just didn't work.  The only time developers can show you a "GAME" is when it's done.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

A patch 1.0.3 is out now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/36qyns/witcher_3_patch_103_for_pc_now_available/

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/38475-Patch-1-03-for-PC-now-available!?p=1685137#post1685137

From comments, because the site is down/slow for me:

• Improves stability in gameplay and the UI.
  • Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
  • Fixes grass and foiliage popping that can occur after density parameters change
  • Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
  • Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
  • Sharpen Postprocess settings extended from Off/On to Off/Normal/High
  • Improves menu handling
  • Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
  • Corrects an issue with stamina regeneration while sprinting
  • Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcurs when scrolling the map
  • Generally improves world map focus
  • Corrects a bug where player was able to fire bolts at friendly NPCs
  • Corrects an issue in dialog selections
  • Corrects some missing translations in the UI
  • Minor SFX improvements -Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
  • Rostan Muggs is back

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Even though it wasn the carry point of my reply,  Isn't the redengine just heavily tweaked, changed, altered code of CryEngine? (as you have access to source code if you buy the highest  license) 

RedEngine has nothing to do with CryEngine. Don't know where you got that idea from.

A patch 1.0.3 is out now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/36qyns/witcher_3_patch_103_for_pc_now_available/

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/38475-Patch-1-03-for-PC-now-available!?p=1685137#post1685137

From comments, because the site is down/slow for me:

• Improves stability in gameplay and the UI.
  • Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
  • Fixes grass and foiliage popping that can occur after density parameters change
  • Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
  • Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
  • Sharpen Postprocess settings extended from Off/On to Off/Normal/High
  • Improves menu handling
  • Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
  • Corrects an issue with stamina regeneration while sprinting
  • Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcurs when scrolling the map
  • Generally improves world map focus
  • Corrects a bug where player was able to fire bolts at friendly NPCs
  • Corrects an issue in dialog selections
  • Corrects some missing translations in the UI
  • Minor SFX improvements -Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
  • Rostan Muggs is back

Noticed a big performance boost at 1440p since this patch.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Patch 1.04:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/377hoh/new_witcher_3_patch_104/

• Rebinding any key is now available after switching Unlock Bindings option in Options \ Key bindings submenu.
  • Corrects an issue in the dialog system that might rarely cause dialog looping in scenes.
  • Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were under the influence of Axii sign.
  • Corrects a bug causing spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
  • 1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displaying as valid resolution option.
  • Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
  • Texture rendering quality for high / ultra presets improved.
  • Further improvements in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.
  • A few additional Gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
  • Fixes an issue where users with usernames using non-latin characters were unable to import saves from Witcher 2.
  • Overall stability and performance improvements.
  • Fixes related to alt + tabbing and minimizing game window.
  • Game icon updated.
  • Enlarges the size of the loot pop-up window in the UI.
  • Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could be displayed outside of game borders in the UI.
  • Upgrading set items no longer destroys sockets.
  • Small UI tweaks for Gwent.
  • Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.

Make sure with each patch you retest settings and tweaks you may have applied.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Patch 1.04:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/377hoh/new_witcher_3_patch_104/

• Rebinding any key is now available after switching Unlock Bindings option in Options \ Key bindings submenu.
  • Corrects an issue in the dialog system that might rarely cause dialog looping in scenes.
  • Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were under the influence of Axii sign.
  • Corrects a bug causing spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
  • 1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displaying as valid resolution option.
  • Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
  • Texture rendering quality for high / ultra presets improved.
  • Further improvements in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.
  • A few additional Gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
  • Fixes an issue where users with usernames using non-latin characters were unable to import saves from Witcher 2.
  • Overall stability and performance improvements.
  • Fixes related to alt + tabbing and minimizing game window.
  • Game icon updated.
  • Enlarges the size of the loot pop-up window in the UI.
  • Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could be displayed outside of game borders in the UI.
  • Upgrading set items no longer destroys sockets.
  • Small UI tweaks for Gwent.
  • Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.

Make sure with each patch you retest settings and tweaks you may have applied.

Does not sound like they included a tessellation multiplier setting after all.

I guess this means that they either are not able to or allowed to.