What do you think of the new Steve Jobs trailer?

Lord Sparklebottom

I'm pretty exited about it, hoping it'll be better that the one with Ashton Kutcher. So please don't screw this up, again.

If you haven't seen it:

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

haven't seen the ashton kutcher one, but I think the story behind steve jobs is an interesting one so I hope

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I honestly hated steve jobs, and still do. Sure he was a visionary, but he was also a massive crook; blatantly taking other's work and rearranging it then claiming it as his own invention.

He was important, sure; But that doesn't mean he was a good man, or someone to even look up to.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Aaron Sorkin had his hands in it, I'm confident. It seems like something I want to see.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

haven't seen the ashton kutcher one, but I think the story behind steve jobs is an interesting one so I hope

It's pretty shit, I wouldn't recommend it for a second.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

looks good unlike the other steve jobs movie

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

I honestly hated steve jobs, and still do. Sure he was a visionary, but he was also a massive crook; blatantly taking other's work and rearranging it then claiming it as his own invention.

He was important, sure; But that doesn't mean he was a good man, or someone to even look up to.

If he was a a-hole or not, he had a interesting story which can become a great movie

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

• 4 months later...

Released in the UK a few days ago. I'm not an apple fan but this movie looks interesting. I'll probably be checking this out.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

^took the words right out of my mouth.

Steve Jobs, was an asshole.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I don't watch movies about other people unless it is about someone who actually did something that is worth "celebrating" and watching like some idol. I especially don't watch movies that put positive spins on people who lied about what they did and took the inventions of others as his own.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I wish people would stop worshipping Jobs as some sort of idol. I also wish people would stop trying to profit on a man's death - because let's face it, the only reason they are rolling out the books and movies now and not 5 years ago is that Jobs is dead and got a surge of media coverage as a result.

They recently made a movie on Alan Turing. That dude invented the concept of a computer. How has he been getting less attention than Jobs? Ask anyone, and they'll know who Jobs is. Ask them if they know Turing, and 90% will say they don't - or they'll say it was that guy from that movie. Steve Jobs was a successful businessman, an economist rather than an inventor or an engineer - although I'm sure he was pretty knowledgeable on technology. Not a martyr, not an idol, not even a great innovator - although some people will disagree with me on that last point.

Stop milking him.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Love Dany Boyle and I love Michael Fassbender, but everything I've read about Steve Jobs makes him seem like he was a totally abhorent peice of shit. So I don't know if I'm gonna get around to this.