is there a way to get MSI afterburner to display my actual clock speeds?

Adreyu
Go to solution Solved by BuntzenB,

didn't work :( maybe im just out of luck. 

Well i just tried the latest version on both an amd and a gtx and my second hypothesis was correct! The amd shows the clock while the gtx only shows +x. No way to change that as far as I know... Sorry.

TL;DR amd shows clock while nvidia shows overclock

For me it has always just shown zero as a default but ive seen other people where it shows the clock speeds and voltages and I would much rather have that

Screenshot of it?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I don't have Afterburner, but there's a setting in PrecisionX for the overlay to toggle whatever you want to be displayed in the overlay.

Screenshot of it?

I dont really have a way to get it on the web. i dont have an account for any picture uploading sites

it shows me the clock speeds of my 290.... re-install it?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I dont really have a way to get it on the web. i dont have an account for any picture uploading sites

you can click the "more reply options" and add the screenshot

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

you can click the "more reply options" and add the screenshot

Ah okay here we go

post-99855-0-70732100-1431903268.png

it is showing it, it's the 135 mhz

it is showing it, it's the 135 mhz

oh i know i meant on the sliders

It is +0, meaning you overclocked the GPU by... 0MHz!

If you slide the slider, it'll go up/down... The apply button will activate too!

im aware of how it works, and i have overclocked before but for instance my friends 7770 displays on the sliders themselves what his base clock speeds and voltage are.

im aware of how it works, and i have overclocked before but for instance my friends 7770 displays on the sliders themselves what his base clock speeds and voltage are.

Ive never heard of that before. Usually it just displays +x with x meaning how much you have manually increased the clock speed by.

Okay. That doesnt say +1050 it just states the clock speed. Maybe going back to the default look will get that back.

Well i just tried the latest version on both an amd and a gtx and my second hypothesis was correct! The amd shows the clock while the gtx only shows +x. No way to change that as far as I know... Sorry.

thats a shame

Imgur doesn't require an account.

Anyways, those sliders are the OC, if they are at 0, then you are at stock speeds. (Power limit is normally 100%, increase to like 112% when ocing)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W