Thoughts on the new intro

Hi everyone,

I assume most of you have by now seen the new intro to the videos and I would personally like to get some feedback from the rest of you.

I actually find the intro a bit too long, it starts very loud out of nowhere and then enters a bit of techno hysteria that not necessarily everyone enjoys. I think the music should stop at around the 3 second mark, or have some sort of ending there, because I find the 2 seconds after that quite annoying as I'm usually not a fan of electronic music. I'd suggest either cutting those two or maybe just making the whole intro a bit quieter. I almost feel that the outro has the same problem, however, I am by no means forced to watch the entirity of the outro, so I don't think it is as much of a problem. I am, however, kind of forced to sit through the intro to see the videos.

I think the current intro would decrease the number of potential viewers because if it were an intro on a video that had come up in my suggestions, I would probably just exited the video right then and there.

These are just my thoughts, I wanna hear what the rest of you think.

Thanks in advance.

It caught me way off guard. Its a bit too loud i think.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The new intro is 5 seconds long... Shortening it by 2 seconds would make it only 3 seconds long. That's pretty short for an animated intro...

We're lowering the audio levels in response to viewer feedback, however it takes a few days for these changes to become apparent since we upload in batches.

yeah to me the intro audio wasa bit loud and somewhat don't like it :)

sry linus.i like the intro except that music :)

tha intro is amazin linus keep up the good work ;) 

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

I like this intro much more than the one where you pop out of the box. The visuals are excellent in this one. The only thing I would change is the section of the "Funky Sundays" song that is put in the intro. If it has to be that song then try a different part of the song, perhaps a less over-the-top segment. If it can be a different song then get the boys to make some and have a community vote.

The new intro is 5 seconds long... Shortening it by 2 seconds would make it only 3 seconds long. That's pretty short for an animated intro...

We're lowering the audio levels in response to viewer feedback, however it takes a few days for these changes to become apparent since we upload in batches.

Thanks for the quick reply :) I don't think the intro itself is too long, I just feel the sound is. Many animated intros I see are largely silent, so I don't think that'd be as much of a problem. At the end of the day, I do know that these kind of requests increase the workload on the entirity of the crew, so if I may suggest it, you could leave the intro out of some of the future videos and just try around with it for a bit without uploading more videos with it until you're happy with it again.

It is still your channel and your content, so I don't mean to be rude, just helpful.

I just can't spare those 5 seconds of my life. Gonna start posting "skip to 0:05" comments now /sarcasm :P

I like the new intro, super simple and no fancy colors and graphics. And tbh. I think it's pretty awesome that it's only 5 seconds. Compared with other Youtubers who easily have a minute long intros.

However I don't like the outro music. Not sure if it's the music it self, or because that's also fairly loud.

I like the intro, however the outro music doesn't match the intro music. 

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

I just can't spare those 5 seconds of my life. Gonna start posting "skip to 0:05" comments now /sarcasm :P

I like the new intro, super simple and no fancy colors and graphics. And tbh. I think it's pretty awesome that it's only 5 seconds. Compared with other Youtubers who easily have a minute long intros.

However I don't like the outro music. Not sure if it's the music it self, or because that's also fairly loud.

I agree that the outro can be a little less loud but I love it! In terms of the content, I would change nothing. Little things like Linus' clothes switching (middle annotation) in perfect synchrony with the music creates a great sense of amazing timing. Beside the audio level, the outro if flawless in my opinion. The intro could use some work.

I like it, and TBH, adjusting volume is not hard.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

The intro and outro are awesome but I really dislike the music.

I guess I'll have to deal with it, not that big of a problem.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

The intro is cool just the music!

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Just add the skip to, to the end of the url:

#t=05s
problem solved. Thanks for letting us know the time of the intro. I'm sure I can create a script to take care of that for all of them :P

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I like the new intro, but there's room for improvement.

Some words "morph" into each other, where others just flash.

Example:

U2QJmkG.png?1

It reminds me of videos where people leave automatic resampling on in their videos and the hideous ghosting makes it look bad.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

i liked the music

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

It is OK but far too loud.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine