SEASONIC M12II EVO EDITION 850W or CORSAIR RM750

vizoomer

Hey guys! 

I am building a rig... already bought a few stuffs and now i need to get a case and a psu

for case i have decided to go with nzxt h440 here is the following rig

i5 4690k

Hyper x Fury 1866 DDR3 Ram
Asus z97-a Motherboard
Samsung Evo 850 250gb SSD
Zotac GTX 970 Graphics card

Now after i get the case and psu i'll get the HDD for storage and a liquid cooler such as crossair h110 maybe

i am being conflicted on which PSU to buy.
SEASONIC M12II EVO EDITION 850W or CORSAIR RM750

to me both will cost almost the same, the reason i am going for such a high PSU is because of the liquid cooler and i might do an SLI with 970 later on. So i want to know which one i should go for.

One of the reason i am being conflicted is Corsair has customer service in my city so in case of any warranty problems i can get the issue sorted faster while Seasonic doesn't and i have heard horrifying stories of people getting their PSU RMAed from them which would take about 1-2 months even... 

TL;DR : SEASONIC M12II EVO EDITION 850W or CORSAIR RM750 which is a better choice if i am getting both at same price and if seasonic RMA at my location sucks.

Another question i have is, should i instead opt for another PSU ?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I would just get the 750 watt as it would leave room to upgrade to sli later.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

EVGA Supernova GS 650W Gold Certified fully modular... that will be more than enough for 2 GTX 970s.  It is made by Seasonic BTW.

I would just get the 750 watt as it would leave room to upgrade to sli later.

But the other choice is 850w which leaves even more room for expansion... O.o

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Get the seasonic one, similar price more watts and same quality since corsair sources their psus from seasonic.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

Get the seasonic one, similar price more watts and same quality since corsair sources their psus from seasonic.

WAAATTT!! i never knew this... i am just worried about the RMA though... how often does one RMA season psu ?

WAAATTT!! i never knew this... i am just worried about the RMA though... how often does one RMA season psu ?

Seasonic psus are very high quality so you probably won't ever run into problems that need an RMA. People who did have issues were probably isolated problems that only affected their psu and not a whole batch of them.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

Not all of them... The RM series is not made by Seasonic, it is made by CWT (Channel Well Technology).

The RM series is not a high-end line of PSUs, but they are backed by a high-end warranty (Corsair).

They don't source all of their PSUs from Seasonic, at least not anymore. Many come from Channel Well Technologies, which is also a decent OEM.

The RM series is fine, but often overpriced compared to competing units of similar quality. I see no reason not to go with the Seasonic M12II EVO in this case. You could go much easier on the wattage, though.

Two GTX 970s won't even use 350W... 850W, even 750W is way overkill for that PC.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-970-sli-review,4.html

I think i'd still need power for the CPU cooler, mobo, cabinet fans and stuffs :P 

Seasonic psus are very high quality so you probably won't ever run into problems that need an RMA. People who did have issues were probably isolated problems that only affected their psu and not a whole batch of them.

hmm interesting, *more inclined towards season*

Not all of them... The RM series is not made by Seasonic, it is made by CWT (Channel Well Technology).

The RM series is not a high-end line of PSUs, but they are backed by a high-end warranty (Corsair).

Ah.. still its quite cool that they build psu for corsair as well... just wished they had service center in my city though :/

They don't source all of their PSUs from Seasonic, at least not anymore. Many come from Channel Well Technologies, which is also a decent OEM.

The RM series is fine, but often overpriced compared to competing units of similar quality.

Sorry I don't know that much about psus, I thought corsair sourced all their high end psus from seasonic.

Spoiler

Both are probably more expensive than necessary. 

If you link us to where you're shopping, we may be able to suggest some alternatives.

I think i'd still need power for the CPU cooler, mobo, cabinet fans and stuffs :P

A good 650w would still be more than enough.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Sorry I don't know that much about psus, I thought corsair sourced all their high end psus from seasonic.

If I'm not mistaken, I think the AX series (which is their real "high-end") is mostly sourced from Seasonic.

The RM series is fine, but often overpriced compared to competing units of similar quality. I see no reason not to go with the Seasonic M12II EVO in this case. You could go much easier on the wattage, though.

how about a 750w seasonic PSU then ? it would definitely cost me lower too :D just worried if it'll be enough for my rig is all

hmm interesting, *more inclined towards season*

Ah.. still its quite cool that they build psu for corsair as well... just wished they had service center in my city though :/

Your could run dual GTX 970s with a 550W PSU and be fine.  Your CPU (overclocked) fans, SSDs, HDDs , etc won't use more than 150W. 

So two 970s (350W) and system (150W).  650W is way more than enough and will run cool.

Both are probably more expensive than necessary. 

If you link us to where you're shopping, we may be able to suggest some alternatives.

A good 650w would still be more than enough.

I basically got two quotes from different local sellers 

seasonic is for 8600INR ( 136usd roughly ) and RM 750W for 8500 INR ( 135 usd roughly ) i know they might seem overpriced as per the prices in states but this is normal pricing in my country due to customs and shits

I basically got two quotes from different local sellers 

seasonic is for 8600INR ( 136usd roughly ) and RM 750W for 8500 INR ( 135 usd roughly ) i know they might seem overpriced as per the prices in states but this is normal pricing in my country due to customs and shits

Aren't there smaller and cheaper psus available?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

how about a 750w seasonic PSU then ? it would definitely cost me lower too :D just worried if it'll be enough for my rig is all

750 W is a little less outrageous, but you could even go to a 650 W if it's available.

Actual power draw for this system is way, way less than you're expecting. Like 300–400 Watts at the very most. You do want it to run in the mid-range of the PSU's rated wattage because that's where it's most efficient, so that's why 500–650 makes sense.

Aren't there smaller and cheaper psus available?

there sure are, i am just concerned about the rig is all .. this is like my first gaming rig honestly ...

so as far as i have seen even a 650w PSU would be more than enough ... hmm... i think thats pretty light and awesome on my pockets as well :P i might get something for around a 80-100 usd bracket then

so as far as i have seen even a 650w PSU would be more than enough ... hmm... i think thats pretty light and awesome on my pockets as well :P i might get something for around a 80-100 usd bracket then

Here's some power consumption data in case you want something a little more scientific than my word. Note that that's total system consumption including a Core i7-4960X with 32 GB of RAM. Source here.

67932.png

Made by Seasonic and backed by the absolute best customer service in the tech industry:  http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220gs0650v1

Here's some power consumption data in case you want something a little more scientific than my word. Note that that's total system consumption including a Core i7-4960X with 32 GB of RAM. Source here.

67932.png

i7 and 32gb ram *-* thats pretty awesome! 

lol i never really picked my parts based on the wattage usage, but seems like my pic was pretty sweet xD 

thanks a lot man i think i'll get a 650w psu then, any suggestion on which one to go for ?