Companies that give sponsorships?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

All the power to ya man! Lol when you get it up and running let us know and I'll continue to give you input if you desire

Thanks, appreciate it

Well i want to start my youtube/twitch career and make some giveaways. I don't need partnerships now, maybe when i become more famous on youtube or when i finalize my account. (it will sure need me one and a half year or even more to get even a little fame, i will put videos 5 days a week and be focused on gaming, interact with people and be funny and good)  So as i said i want to give away things and also get things for myself. Do you know companies that give away things and let you partner with them?

You don't pick the sponsor, the sponsor picks you.

create original content and mainly just stand out

add something a bit 'extra' to your videos to attract viewers

Good gaming channels generally get partnered pretty damn fast though

but you must add something.

Oh, and don't 'force' humor, if it isn't there it isn't there.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

What do you have that others dont already have?

You wont get anywhere if you don't have something unique.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

you need to have a large fan base before you start getting sponsorship. the companies aren't going to give you free stuff in return for a small amount of views, if they give you a £50 product they need to be sure they re going to get £50 worth of advertising.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

You don't pick who sponsors you, I mean you can ask, but think of it this way, Linus still has some trouble getting some sponsorships, and he is over 400k subs. You shouldn't be even thinking of sponsorships until you actually start getting some serious ground on youtube.

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

You don't pick the sponsor, the sponsor picks you.

create original content and mainly just stand out

add something a bit 'extra' to your videos to attract viewers

Good gaming channels generally get partnered pretty damn fast though

but you must add something.

This is one very stupid but successful formula i made

People love see people raging and reacting, especially kids. And they also love stupid jokes that make no sense.

I am kid that constantly reacts and rages but has some reaaallyy stupid but funny jokes.

Ive seen many people that aren't good in games get more views than pro's. That is because they know losers are less serious and react more than those such serious pros.

I mean this is kinda stupid now but i won't be doing this for money, even if money is nice thing i will be doing this for peoples entertainment and for people getting to know what kind of person i am.

I also even scheduled when is what show going to be. Im going to be interacting with my fan base and playing with my friends. Start my own servers. And BE MYSELF, i just wanted to get sponsors so i could get the equipment.

-snip-

I also even scheduled when is what show going to be. Im going to be interacting with my fan base and playing with my friends. Start my own servers. And BE MYSELF, i just wanted to get sponsors so i could get the equipment.

Sadly sponsors never give out any sponsorships until people get their own fan base. It is a lot like the twitch parter policy and youtubes old one. You need a large fan base to start getting free things. In theory any company will sponsor someone, but they are a company, they want to know if their investment is worth it. You have to get a large group of fans, go to conferences and test the waters. Ask around if any companies are interested in giving out sponsorships, but don't ask for one. Give them your card/channel name and hope for the best. Remember  this is AFTER you have a decent amount of fans.

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

This is one very stupid but successful formula i made

People love see people raging and reacting, especially kids. And they also love stupid jokes that make no sense.

I am kid that constantly reacts and rages but has some reaaallyy stupid but funny jokes.

Ive seen many people that aren't good in games get more views than pro's. That is because they know losers are less serious and react more than those such serious pros.

I mean this is kinda stupid now but i won't be doing this for money, even if money is nice thing i will be doing this for peoples entertainment and for people getting to know what kind of person i am.

These are all good points and good ideas but as people already said, no one is going to sponsor you right now. You can't tell a company you're going to be interacting with your huge fan base and make popular videos before you even have a fan base and popular videos...

I know this might not be the answer you're looking for as you need money for equipment now but... until you make some videos and PROVE that your videos are very good and become popular, no one is going to sponsor you. 

If however you're very confident that you can make excellent content that people will like to watch then you could always try getting a loan from somewhere to cover the initial start-up cost. 

Is it hard to read posts? I SAID: i dont need partnerships now, maybe when i become more famous, build my fanbase and/or finalize my channel and i also did say that it will probably take me year and a half or two. I appreciate your posts and i really found it helpful but READ THE POST xD.

Please continue :)

Do you know specific companies that are actually capable of choosing a regular youtuber for a partner?

Do you know specific companies that are actually capable of choosing a regular youtuber for a partner?

Most companies, as long as they need advertising.

Is it hard to read posts? I SAID: i dont need partnerships now, maybe when i become more famous, build my fanbase and/or finalize my channel and i also did say that it will probably take me year and a half or two. I appreciate your posts and i really found it helpful but READ THE POST xD.

Please continue :)

If I were you I wouldnt even worry about sponsorships or thinking about what you're going to do when you make it. Forces on getting your channel up and running and focus on your content. Content is king and humor is one of those things that you either have or you don't.

Being a solo YouTube gameplay channel is going to be tough just because you have nobody to maintain your rhythm or momentum through a video. Look at Nerdcubed for example. He was primarily discovered off machinima if I'm not mistaken and his type is very naturally humorous and has insight into the game he's playing. But despite that when he did a let's play of Dark Souls because of fan requests you can tell in the video that he wasn't happy playing it and kind of ruined the video.

Be wary of being a primarily rage and stupid joke channel because that can only take you so far IMO. I feel that it'll get old fast and in terms of sponsorships I don't see many big reputable companies sponsoring a channel that's all rage and stupidity unless the following is I the solid millions and even then it'll have to be a calculated risk because their name and reputation is on the line.

If I were you I wouldnt even worry about sponsorships or thinking about what you're going to do when you make it. Forces on getting your channel up and running and focus on your content. Content is king and humor is one of those things that you either have or you don't.

Being a solo YouTube gameplay channel is going to be tough just because you have nobody to maintain your rhythm or momentum through a video. Look at Nerdcubed for example. He was primarily discovered off machinima if I'm not mistaken and his type is very naturally humorous and has insight into the game he's playing. But despite that when he did a let's play of Dark Souls because of fan requests you can tell in the video that he wasn't happy playing it and kind of ruined the video.

Be wary of being a primarily rage and stupid joke channel because that can only take you so far IMO. I feel that it'll get old fast and in terms of sponsorships I don't see many big reputable companies sponsoring a channel that's all rage and stupidity unless the following is I the solid millions and even then it'll have to be a calculated risk because their name and reputation is on the line.

Im going to actually play with other people because i find that as success element in any gaming video. When i said "stupid jokes and reacting" i was sarcastic even if it is a good add on and million of channels are based on it: pewdiepie, minnesotaburns even players like captainsparklez and others. I am not like a guy do it and get fame, i will put quality content and have already a good base of friends who are ready to share my videos. You might be suprised but i hate a lot of games too, but i will be honest to people and tell them what i don't and do like since most of my shows will be kind of lets play with multiple guys under categories, i am ready to pay for intros even if i am a good editor myself and i have all in my head. And i wanted sponsorships so i could get proffesional mouses and keyboards since i don't think my dad belives in "youtube fame" and i wanted to give it away things in the future. I was just checking if there even is a company that gives things away. But right now i need to focus on actually making my channel to the end and getting to install a windows OS (i have linux since my dad didn't check on laptop OS when he was buying it neither he did take me so that kinda sucked.) Do some Intros, Outros and that kind of thing, people say that i cannot wait for my things to happen itself but that kinda doesn't apply to sponsorships, you must wait until they pick you, and there is 1 in million chance that ill get famous, but i gotta keep trying.

Thanks

If you are doing this with the hope of making money and being 'famous',(Which it seems like you are) then you will probably be disappointed. The market is so over saturated and it is almost impossible to get noticed. You will need something SO unique!

You should do this for fun though, you would have a good time.

On sponsorships - They are so hard to get. Even Linus struggles. Companies will only affiliate with people who will showcase their products to a big audience or it is not worth their time.

That is just the reality of it.

Good luck man

Case Bitfenix Shinobi | CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz | Motherboard -  Asus P8Z77 | GPU - 7870 | PSU - Corsair CXM 600w | 
Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda 1Tb x 2 | SSD - Samsung 840 256Gb | Cooling - Custom 2x Dual 120mm Radiator, Watercooling Loop |

Ultimate Programming Resources Thread ||| CompSci Masters Degree Student and Professional Java and C# Programmer

If you are doing this with the hope of making money and being 'famous',(Which it seems like you are) then you will probably be disappointed. The market is so over saturated and it is almost impossible to get noticed. You will need something SO unique!

You should do this for fun though, you would have a good time.

On sponsorships - They are so hard to get. Even Linus struggles. Companies will only affiliate with people who will showcase their products to a big audience or it is not worth their time.

That is just the reality of it.

Good luck man

I said multiple time up there: i wont be doing this MAINLY for money even if it is a nice thing, and i will give up from sponsorship, i will probably turn this in a little job and from there get some money to get equipment.

The only way you can get popular nowadays is by posting original content meaning not you playing some game you need to make something like funny animated shows or just something no one else could be doing better than you

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

I said multiple time up there: i wont be doing this MAINLY for money even if it is a nice thing, and i will give up from sponsorship, i will probably turn this in a little job and from there get some money to get equipment.

but you're going to want some sort of good equipment to have a good channel. A decent computer so the graphics and gameplay isn't choppy, some sort of capture device, headphones so the mic won't pick up the game audio, and a good mic so your commentary is clear and of good quality. The "professional" grade keyboard and mouse aren't as important as they don't directly affect the quality of the video you would be producing. That's all just the base hardware and doesnt include software.

Note that to make a good amount of money via YouTube and so forth it's going to be a huge time sink. I know you keep saying it isn't for the money but for the time sink it'll be and the investment it'll take to have quality I must say this. day9 posts daily if not multiple daily. Nerdcubed not as much but he edits most of his videos half way to hell and does stuff for machinima. Even non gamers have several channels or do videos for others. Like Strawburry17, she has her main channel and in addition to lifeburry and working for teen.com.

You probably have to invent early on in time and money in order to get a quality channel going to the level of the competition in the year and a half or so that you're aiming for

You actually need an audience first. There are a ton of youtubers out there. Once you start gaining some subs companies will start to get interested. If you need stuff to unbox maybe try buying stuff and later returning it. That depends on the policies in your area though.

Well i want to start my youtube/twitch career and make some giveaways. I don't need partnerships now, maybe when i become more famous on youtube or when i finalize my account. (it will sure need me one and a half year or even more to get even a little fame, i will put videos 5 days a week and be focused on gaming, interact with people and be funny and good)  So as i said i want to give away things and also get things for myself. Do you know companies that give away things and let you partner with them?

Have a read here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/31192-tech-tips-4-youtubers/

It should help you a bit more.

but you're going to want some sort of good equipment to have a good channel. A decent computer so the graphics and gameplay isn't choppy, some sort of capture device, headphones so the mic won't pick up the game audio, and a good mic so your commentary is clear and of good quality. The "professional" grade keyboard and mouse aren't as important as they don't directly affect the quality of the video you would be producing. That's all just the base hardware and doesnt include software.

Note that to make a good amount of money via YouTube and so forth it's going to be a huge time sink. I know you keep saying it isn't for the money but for the time sink it'll be and the investment it'll take to have quality I must say this. day9 posts daily if not multiple daily. Nerdcubed not as much but he edits most of his videos half way to hell and does stuff for machinima. Even non gamers have several channels or do videos for others. Like Strawburry17, she has her main channel and in addition to lifeburry and working for teen.com.

You probably have to invent early on in time and money in order to get a quality channel going to the level of the competition in the year and a half or so that you're aiming for

Computer part is kinda solved. My bro has one but im not sure will he let me, in worst case i will need a laptop. Computer has a pretty nice 9600gt 1gb gddr3 gpu with 2.7 ghz core 2 duo processor and 2 gigs of ram, well we could atleast upgrade the cpu to a core 2 quad and sell the other processor, nice upgrade for 100 dollars, a nice gtx 660  still does the job in games and i wont even play them on max since i can find the setting that suits my eyes the best and it isnt ultra. Upgrade is good for arround 160 dollars since i will sell the 9600gt. We could add another stick of 2 gig 800mhz memory for like 20 dollars and we have 280 dollars upgrade. Blue snowball for 80 dollars and a turtle beach comfy headset for 30. There is my equipment :)

Computer part is kinda solved. My bro has one but im not sure will he let me, in worst case i will need a laptop. Computer has a pretty nice 9600gt 1gb gddr3 gpu with 2.7 ghz core 2 duo processor and 2 gigs of ram, well we could atleast upgrade the cpu to a core 2 quad and sell the other processor, nice upgrade for 100 dollars, a nice gtx 660  still does the job in games and i wont even play them on max since i can find the setting that suits my eyes the best and it isnt ultra. Upgrade is good for arround 160 dollars since i will sell the 9600gt. We could add another stick of 2 gig 800mhz memory for like 20 dollars and we have 280 dollars upgrade. Blue snowball for 80 dollars and a turtle beach comfy headset for 30. There is my equipment :)

Are you going to be using a capture device or software like fraps? Hits your frame rate pretty significantly if you don't have solid hardware, with the rig in my sig my frame rate gets about halved when recording with fraps. A capture device would let you stream and record without much performance hit but costs a decent amount for a good one like an Avermedia or happauge.

Like its definitely attainable but with software and hardware upgrades you're going to be about 400 bucks in and that's going to be startup without optimum gear. Starting out with a console based channel early on if you already have a console would be much cheaper as all you would need is a capture device and editing software and a mic.

I don't mean to be discouraging my any means I just want to give me information so you know what to expect in terms of the channel and investment.

Are you going to be using a capture device or software like fraps? Hits your frame rate pretty significantly if you don't have solid hardware, with the rig in my sig my frame rate gets about halved when recording with fraps. A capture device would let you stream and record without much performance hit but costs a decent amount for a good one like an Avermedia or happauge.

Like its definitely attainable but with software and hardware upgrades you're going to be about 400 bucks in and that's going to be startup without optimum gear. Starting out with a console based channel early on if you already have a console would be much cheaper as all you would need is a capture device and editing software and a mic.

I don't mean to be discouraging my any means I just want to give me information so you know what to expect in terms of the channel and investment.

I will be using MSI afterburner: no frame hits, :PP

I will be using MSI afterburner: no frame hits, :PP

All the power to ya man! Lol when you get it up and running let us know and I'll continue to give you input if you desire

Thanks, appreciate it