What is most important setting in a game?

Tim Drake

ambient occlusion 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Huge difference from game to game.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

for me it's resolution over anything. 4k low settings still look good compared to 1080p medium.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

It's going to vary from game to game but gun to my head, I gotta say textures should really be maxed out first.

But my eyes have gotten very sensitive to the absence of shading and contrast. Older, pre-AO games look very flat to me now. Shadows/AO really need to be at least on low or something.

for me it's resolution over anything. 4k low settings still look good compared to 1080p medium.

Resolution. Texture quality, because no matter what AA I use, even SMAA, I still see ailiasing.

Resolution wasn't an option but K

Texture Quality. Low resolution textures make me feel like I'm back at 1999.

I game at 1440p-4K so AA isn't a big deal.

Shadows are Nice but I never cared for the difference between Normal-High shadows vs ULTRA Shadows , I'd take the 5 fps anyday.

Resolution wasn't an option but K

I was subtlely pointing out that the option is missing on your poll. Hence, the second part of my response with something that is on your poll.

Texture Quality. Low resolution textures make me feel like I'm back at 1999.

I game at 1440p-4K so AA isn't a big deal.

Shadows are Nice but I never cared for the difference between Normal-High shadows vs ULTRA Shadows , I'd take the 5 fps anyday.

I just feel like... the aliasing that causes shimmering when I move, that kind of AA just KILLS me. I've tried DSR, SMAA, even TXAA to no avail. That counts as aliasing, right? I know, I don't have a picture with me, it's kindda hard to show you. I am playing on 1440p BTW.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Textures, then anti aliasing/shadows/whatever, then the rest.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

I think the screensize and screen native resolution matters for how the game looks. 

Playing the Witcher 2 on at Native 1080P on a 1080P 22'Inch Monitor is fine.Playing it at 1080P on a Native 4K 28'Inch Monitor made me want to punch a wall. The blurriness is everywhere.

I'm quite surprised how many people prefer everything to be on normal tbh

I don't mind normal , I play everything on Normal on my Consoles. 

When I'm on my PC I would crank up everything just to see how the game looks like at 5fps then move on from there.

Isn't AO Covered Under Shadows broadly?

Technically, yes, ambient occlusion adds more "shadows" to the world in the common usage of the term. But it's a different rendering technique from traditional object shadows and it's usually a separate setting in video options when it's offered. You can usually adjust shadows or AO independently from the other.

Technically, yes, ambient occlusion adds more "shadows" to the world in the common usage of the term. But it's a different rendering technique from traditional object shadows and it's usually a separate setting in video options when it's offered. You can usually adjust shadows or AO independently from the other.

I'm one of those 'Blind' People that really don't notice AO as much as other settings . If the texture is bad or the resolution is lower I'd notice straight away.

I own a 980 SLI Setup and I can't tell the difference between SSAO and HBAO.

I'm one of those 'Blind' People that really don't notice AO as much as other settings . If the texture is bad or the resolution is lower I'd notice straight away.

I own a 980 SLI Setup and I can't tell the difference between SSAO and HBAO.

I never used to notice AO until I started using it regularly after I upgraded my video card to one that could handle the effect in most games. Now I can spot a scene with no AO instantly. It may help that I work as a graphic designer and often have to deal with adjusting light/color balance in photographs.

Telling the difference between SSAO and HBAO is much trickier, at least without a side-by-side comparison. It's more important to me that it's on in some form.

Resolution. If I can run a game at my monitor's native res I'm happy already. Everything else is just extra.

View distance would be next.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Resolution. If I can run a game at my monitor's native res I'm happy already. Everything else is just extra.

View distance would be next.

Not an option.

Plz guyz stahp with resolution

I think the screensize and screen native resolution matters for how the game looks. 

Playing the Witcher 2 on at Native 1080P on a 1080P 22'Inch Monitor is fine.Playing it at 1080P on a Native 4K 28'Inch Monitor made me want to punch a wall. The blurriness is everywhere.

i only play games at 4k lol non of this 1080 rubbish.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb