PC sales on par with PS4/XBONE for Ubisoft

So Gamespot wrote an article today about Ubisoft not releasing any games for older consoles anymore, but I noticed on the sales breakdown chart that PC sales make up as much as PS4 and XBO sales in Q4 of 2014, and more than any console in Q4 of 2013.

Maybe they should start putting more effort into good ports for the most profitable platform, eh?

[source]

Is XBONE suppose to be an insult or something?

Xbox One, or XBONE. No?

XBONE has been around since they announced it.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

not at all. Xbricks or PotatoBox are though.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

OH ha, nevermind. I was reading it as xbone not as an abbreviation.

I thought I was the only one!

Recent games -- LoL, FO4, TESV, XCOM 2, Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ark, Total War Attila, Hearthstone.  <(^^,)>

Most profitable for the quarter .

For the latest 12 month period it still falls short . Although it does make up ALOT more than I tought . Here is hoping to see some better optimized games in the future .

Have you whatched the reveal of the new AC game on gamespot , they have a whole 3-4 minutes of saying how bad they felt when AC:Unity got so critized .

Not that this means alot , but if they include it in the reveal video of their next game , maybe they will take note  :P

OH ha, nevermind. I was reading it as xbone not as an abbreviation.

I always say and type "Xbone", not to demean the name or insinuate anything, I say it that way so people don't get confused and think I mean something else.

Like now I have to say "Original Xbox" instead of just "Xbox one" if I want to talk about the very first Xbox...

Also "Xbone" isn't that bad of an abbreviation either, just like X360, PS1/2/3/4, N64, GC, etc. It's grown on my very fast so it's like second nature to type it that way now.

The comments on that article makes me facepalm so hard.

Well when it was first announced whenever that was, 2013 sometime, Microsoft put a ban on media outlets, retail vendors and journalists referring to the console as an 'Xbone' because they didn't like it. It didn't last long from memory.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

"on par" , still at 24%, yep Ubisoft will turn around and say : see that 75%? fuck that let's target the 25%...

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

Over the last 12 months the PS4 and Xbone made up 52% of sales, while the PC hovers at 12%. That's the numer Ubisoft will be looking at.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

Maybe they should start putting more effort into good ports for the most profitable platform, eh?

Do I need to point out that slightly more sales isn't necessarily more profitable?  This is % of sales, not revenue.  Steam Sales will push more volume, but they're making a lot less money per sale.

Also you're only looking at Q4.  If you look at the 12 month 2014/2015 sales the PS4/Xbone blow away PC.  40% more sales on the combined consoles over PC.

All this shows is that PC gamers buy most of their games in Q4 during the big ass Steam holiday sales.  Colour me surprised.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

"on par" , still at 24%, yep Ubisoft will turn around and say : see that 75%? fuck that let's target the 25%...

But as a single platform, it's still strong.

It's not like very console is just one port that makes 75% - they still have to put effort into each individual one.

Now imagine if Watchdogs actually had E3 visuals at launch or Unity actually worked at launch.

GG no re

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Do I need to point out that slightly more sales isn't necessarily more profitable?  This is % of sales, not revenue.  Steam Sales will push more volume, but they're making a lot less money per sale.

Also you're only looking at Q4.  If you look at the 12 month 2014/2015 sales the PS4/Xbone blow away PC.  40% more sales on the combined consoles over PC.

All this shows is that PC gamers buy most of their games in Q4 during the big ass Steam holiday sales.  Colour me surprised.

Not true.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/04/28/as-global-pc-game-revenue-surpasses-consoles-how-long-should-console-makers-keep-fighting/

http://www.maximumpc.com/%E2%80%9Cpc_games_have_surpassed_console_games%E2%80%9D_says_dfc_intelligence_owner_2014

Total sales for PC games globally surpassed console game sales.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

not at all. Xbricks or PotatoBox are though.

I do believe the Potato Box was the early 360.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Also, while current 'Next Gen' consoles decline, I've still got my original which is as close to a true gaming console as Microsoft will ever get. Just plug and play without any of the screwing around needed for later 'consoles'.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That's a completely different source.  That is not "Ubisoft's game revenue", that is "PC gaming revenue"  and those are entirely different things.

This guy is really quotable, though.

In terms of the most popular PC games, DFC says that MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena)titles and free-to-play games are continuing to perform strongly.

"We can say that our top 20 list for 2013 had no titles released that year and in Q1 2014 we saw three new titles crack the list: DayZ, Rust and Hearthstone.

"There is a blurring of platforms where it starts to get hard to define what is a PC and what is a mobile device," Cole explained.

Spot me when you find a game that is even available on a console.  The most popular games are free2play and while undoubtedly they make a lot of money, none of this is relevant to AAA devs porting their consoles games to PC.

Here’s another amazing statistic: DFC reports that their Top 20 list of PC games for 2013, in terms of usage, doesn’t include a single game actually released in 2013.

Find me a source that shows a AAA dev saying that they made more gross revenue on PC than consoles and maybe I'll jump on board.  Right now, this is  just as dumb as the "PC GAMING IS DED" stuff a few years back.  The only difference is now it's "CONSOLE GAMING IS DED" (and a little bit of "HANDHLED GAMING IS DED")

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

If we keep calling it XBone it will stick I hope.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

kinda, it began after the console was announced and console user where outraged by microsoft DRM that didn't allowed traditional trading of games, and the discs where bind to the console it was first used until it was taken to a gamestop or something so the system unbind the game and console, combine that with sony video saying how easy is trading or borrow a game, mandatory kinect and higher price tag that ps4, well in many people minds the xbox one was boned or xbone, after the reversal it got stuck, if none of that happened people would use XO or Xone to refer to it

something to point out is that they earn more revenue per PC copy that consoles, with both console all publishers obtain 45% of all sale, the other 45% goes to sony/ms and the last 10% to the retailer, if its the digital version, its a 50/50 split, when you go to PC those numbers are completely different, games sold on steam have a 30% valve tax on it, devs/publishers get the remainder 70%, that 20% is a huge difference, and if a ubi game its bought through their uplay store, its full 100% to them, so 1 PC copy there is worth twice a console one

any of that is without mentioning the fees ms/sony put on the publisher for certain action such as pushing a game update, AFAIK, at least back in the late 360 days, publishers had to pay a 10k fee for that, for each update, hence why console games are never updated as often like PC do, another one is game preloads, pubs have to pay, if they want their pre order customers get the game download before launch, very recent example, evolve, 2k didn't pay and the console version was available for download on launch midnight

that is also one of the reason console don't get as many indie games, indie must get a discount on those fees, but i'm sure they have some restrictions because of it

my point with all of this is that 12% at the end might be more valuable that what you think it is, the only 2 reason publishers love console is the higher volumen, that ends up being a nice number is charts like the source, and the restrictive nature of consoles vs pc given them more power to do whatever the fuck they want

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here