Tracking car through GPS navigation devices?

Like if your car is stolen you can use internet to connect to your Tomtom(example) to find out where the car is(after informing police).
I know the best action is to inform the police immediately, which always comes first. But still would be nice to know you can track your car.

if you're trying to see if your girlfriend is cheating, the easiest way is just to pretend you're your own twin brother. 

Ahem..

I don't think you can do this. Usually GPS location data isn't publicly accessible. 

Well unless it advertises that feature or its the tom tom has its own internet...no. Get a proper gps car tracker if you want that. plus they mostly likely shut off/removed/stole the tomtom

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

if you're trying to see if your girlfriend is cheating, the easiest way is just to pretend you're your own twin brother. 

Ahem..

I don't think you can do this. Usually GPS location data isn't publicly accessible. 

Ok, I just realised how creepy my post is.

A gps isn't really trackable unless it emits a signal. I believe Most of them can and do run passively. I'm not sure about the gps in your phone. I always thought they traced it by switching on the reporting feature that allows websites, and apps to use your location data.

The GPS device need to have separed chip for location. Most of current gen smart phones have that for tracking lost phone or lost person.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You can get security devices that use a GSM chip and send you a text with the co-ordinates of the car every so often, it can be turned on and off by txt. 

My brother has one on his De Soto.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You can track an android phone through android device manager.

You don't even need gps on as long as the phone has data enabled and location services turned on in settings.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

If you want a ghetto car tracking device, buy a cheap second hand Android phone (will cost you $40 max) and enable android device manager.  Pop in the cheapest data-only plan you can find, plug the phone into your car somehow so it always has a charge, keep GPS on and you're set.  If your car does get stolen, just Google "find my phone" and it will automatically pick the signal up for any phone registered to your Google account.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus