Download Razer Comms

LinusTech

Hey Guys,

The plan has changed somewhat for Razer Comms. We'll be using it for the call-ins from our special guests (Logan from Tek Syndicate for the July 19th episode of Th WAN Show, and Lew from UnboxTherapy for the July 26th episode of The WAN Show)

Then we'll also be using it for community call-ins during the afterparty.

Either way I think if you and your gamer friends try it out you'll be impressed by how easy it is to set up and some of the gaming optimized features that it has versus more mainstream chat clients such as SKYPE.

Here's the bitly link that helps support Linus Tech Tips: http://bit.ly/16c6hso

Thanks Everyone!

it's amazing versus skype while gaming skype is really annoying specially when your playing a heavy game on your laptop and skype just appear and freeze the whole game xD :D

What is so significant about the link? Does it track how much downloads it gets through Linus?

Comms is pretty cool, all I need to get is a mic for my computer. I have audio technica ath-m50 for my headphones.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

What is so significant about the link? Does it track how much downloads it gets through Linus?

Yes, look at the adress in the adress bar after clicking: _source=LinusTechTip&utm_medium=

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Yes, look at the adress in the adress bar after clicking: _source=LinusTechTip&utm_medium=

That's correct. We reached out to Razer about sponsoring The WAN Show as part of a deal where we also used Comms for our call-ins (our secret plan was to use it anyway, but w/e) and part of the sponsorship deal is us driving traffic to Comms and getting users to try it out. 

Razer is very confident that when users try it they will like it and will continue to use it.

The software is *still* BETA, so bear in mind that there are some quirks, but overally we really like it internally here at Linus Media Group and we're excited about the direction it's headed.

I tried using it but meh, call quality was a bit weird and also if you are running peerblock, you ll see it blocks an Amazon IP which apparently needs to connect otherwise Comms wont work

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Trying to get friends to use it now. I haven't tested it since non of my friends want to use it but I will keep pushing them to :D

\

My actual plan was to make a meme that said , You will download razer coms , wether you like it or not but couldn't find a apropriate image :'(

Or you'll eat the thermal paste!

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Just in case some people missed it.

I don't think many people journey to the Guides and Tutorial section to see the pin (though I'm grateful for it).

So yeah. All that. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

nice... -_-

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

downloaded it from the link now where are my cookies?

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

downloaded it from the link now where are my cookies?

For Chrome:

Click the "Customize and Control Google Chrome" button in the top right.

Click "Settings".

Click "Show Advanced Settings".

Click "Content Settings" under "Privacy".

Click "All Cookies and Site Data" under "Cookies".

Enjoy your cookies.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

For Chrome:

Click the "Customize and Control Google Chrome" button in the top right.

Click "Settings".

Click "Show Advanced Settings".

Click "Content Settings" under "Privacy".

Click "All Cookies and Site Data" under "Cookies".

Enjoy your cookies.

VvPEl.png

I downloaded it from the bit.ly to help you guys out, but I still vastly prefer Dolby Axon for voice chatting.

So here is no rant about the latest video Linus made? There are several people on the Video that say Linus sold his soul to Razer... Of course i know he needs to make money to life but come on you really praised Comms as the best software ever.

There were many people reporting that the Skype IP bug is fixed, Mumble having a Overlay and the fact that Comms is going through Razers server makes them able to sniff into the data. I don't want to say that they do this but it's possible.

Also the fact which really hurt my head the most was the fact that you Linus said that installing and using Comms is extremly easy. Didn't you or slick said it's so hard that you guys should "totally" do a video about how to install and use Comms!?

So here is no rant about the latest video Linus made? There are several people on the Video that say Linus sold his soul to Razer... Of course i know he needs to make money to life but come on you really praised Comms as the best software ever.

There were many people reporting that the Skype IP bug is fixed, Mumble having a Overlay and the fact that Comms is going through Razers server makes them able to sniff into the data. I don't want to say that they do this but it's possible.

Also the fact which really hurt my head the most was the fact that you Linus said that installing and using Comms is extremly easy. Didn't you or slick said it's so hard that you guys should "totally" do a video about how to install and use Comms!?

Comms is the best software ever for gamers to video chat imo. I don't own any Razer peripherals, and I hate Skype with a passion (Mumble is ok, but leaves much to be desired). Just for context.

Possible, yes. Am I worried about it? Not really.

Installing and using is easy. Yes. 

Installing and setting it up for specific tasks, not so much. Though it's very intuitive imo.

† Christian Member †

A bunch of us use comms all day to support linus but there are a TON of bugs that need to be fixed.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

When I used it, it sounded at about the same call quality as steam VOIP call, I also didn't like that it made me restart my PC when I installed it. 

Unless it's changed TS has superior VOIP quality. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Geforce RTX 3090 FE 

There were many people reporting that the Skype IP bug is fixed,

Yeah, the Skype bug has been fixed before Linus started using comms.

And honestly if someone wanted your IP that badly they could just send you a link, or even get it from connecting with razer comms while having an external program open( like cain).

Linus please stop saying Skype has this exploit still, it doesn't!!!

And personally I don't think i'll use comms, because it's more bloatware my computer doesn't need.

Got it ! 

I just need to reboot my machine.... Well it'll have to wait xD

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build