Heaven Society - Week 44 (Bakuman)

our thread says "Rules for suggesting anime / manga in this thread." in my post but @TheProfosist has never done anything other then making useless posts at the top of that thread lol

fred cant edit it since it is @TheProfosists and my posts that make up that thread

Hmm, i thought about making a thread, but i'll put it off for now :D This isn't a bad idea, but i personally think we'd get lost in different recommendations for anime/manga's...

No, no,no :D

By WN i mean Web Novels :) VN is what you're thinking about, but WN and VN are two different things :D

I recently found this: http://www.sousetsuka.com/p/blog-page_11.html

It's a WN that's made into a LN. This is a WN translation (there're some differences between WN and LN of this novel), and i think it's rather interesting :D It can also be read very quickly :D

oh Web novels, Doh, I just count those as light novels, less brain work for me.

But yeah I've read those as well.

oh Web novels, Doh, I just count those as light novels, less brain work for me.

But yeah I've read those as well.

There's a difference. It doesn't matter how you call it, you should at least know that difference :D

Hmm, what about Mushoku Tensei? Did you read that?

Hmm, i thought about making a thread, but i'll put it off for now :D This isn't a bad idea, but i personally think we'd get lost in different recommendations for anime/manga's...

the thread is far more for me to keep the recommendations in one place to make it easy to add them to our spread sheet. If you want to make a thread for suggestions and discussion (I assume this is more of what you really want) of manga that is fine it just means that you or myself will have to monitor it and use that to update the spreadsheet.

the thread is far more for me to keep the recommendations in one place to make it easy to add them to our spread sheet. If you want to make a thread for suggestions and discussion (I assume this is more of what you really want) of manga that is fine it just means that you or myself will have to monitor it and use that to update the spreadsheet.

I actually want to make a suggestion thread, so we could start making weekly manga discussions, alongside anime discussions.

Just finished the first season. It's been great so far, but I'm kinda concerned that it might get boring later. I'll see how it actually turns out though.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

our thread says "Rules for suggesting anime / manga in this thread." in my post but @TheProfosist has never done anything other then making useless posts at the top of that thread lol

fred cant edit it since it is @TheProfosists and my posts that make up that thread

*whistles*

Just finished the first season. It's been great so far, but I'm kinda concerned that it might get boring later. I'll see how it actually turns out though.

I haven't really watched the first season, but if it covers the first 50-70 chapters (which it should, since 175 chapters have been made into 3 seasons), then it'll only get more interesting :D

I actually think that the start was a little slow, but it picks up the pace quite quickly :)

It could've used one more chapter (i reallxxxxxxxxxxxg) :D

Spoiler much?

On second thought nevermind me, might just be me being sleep deprived and irritated. 

Might have jumped the gun on my criticism. I still feel it came out of the blue though.

Spoiler much?

On second thought nevermind me, might just be me being sleep deprived and irritated. 

Might have jumped the gun on my criticism. I still feel it came out of the blue though.

I can't see how "It could've used one more chapter is a spoiler"...? I didn't reveal anything, just gave a statement that i give for other manga's as well...

I can't see how "It could've used one more chapter is a spoiler"...? I didn't reveal anything, just gave a statement that i give for other manga's as well...

You may have forgotten your actual comment, i obviously removed the actual spoiler.

But interpreted in one way, what you said pretty much ruins the whole show. This is a

discussion thread, but again, out of the blue. 

You may have forgotten your actual comment, i obviously removed the actual spoiler.

But interpreted in one way, what you said pretty much ruins the whole show. This is a

discussion thread, but again, out of the blue. 

You mean that in brackets? That was a little bit spoiler-ish, i admit that, but i never stated any names or events, so it can't be seen as a major spoiler.

Oh thank goodness, When I read the title I thought "Really we're watching that kind of anime now, did we run out of good stuff" because I thought that some how we ended up with Bakugan which is...just awful.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

You mean that in brackets? That was a little bit spoiler-ish, i admit that, but i never stated any names or events, so it can't be seen as a major spoiler.

What you said pretty much lies at the foundation of everything with how the anime has played out.

So yeah, you kinda did. It could very well be interpreted as a final conclusion to the whole show. 

Oh thank goodness, When I read the title I thought "Really we're watching that kind of anime now, did we run out of good stuff" because I thought that some how we ended up with Bakugan which is...just awful.

I actually find Bakugan better than some other **** i watched and that exists.... First 2 seasons were okay, but the rest... could've used some polishing...

What you said pretty much lies at the foundation of everything with how the anime has played out.

So yeah, you kinda did. It could very well be interpreted as a final conclusion to the whole show. 

I don't see how that event is "the foundation" of the whole story. Their journey to becoming mangakas' is the foundation of the story. Their journey and it's hardships. It sounds shounen-ish, but it's far more than that.

without watching this or having any real idea of what it is I will say that his spoiler is something that I have basically felt about every anime with romance in it needing another chapter lol

without watching this or having any real idea of what it is I will say that his spoiler is something that I have basically felt about every anime with romance in it needing another chapter lol

Exactly!

How many manga's and anime's needed that one episode more. I want to see that conclusion to their romance... But rarely any anime/manga gives it :(

Ah, actually forget this comment. I don't have time to start this discussion, sorry :P

But yeah, it rarely amounts to something and tends to simply be one big tease.

Ore Monogatari!! is another young/teen anime, where the show actually makes

some progress. I love the people pulling jokes about it saying "too bad it's already

over" Just a couple episodes in. 

But in this particular anime, the one the thread is about. It plays a key role in the 

events and achievements. Atleast how it is played out in the anime. Not to mention

it is standard protocol to not dwelve deep into manga, possibly beyond the anime

in a anime discussion thread. 

its in the works we have been accumulating manga suggestions to do that with but we just don't have that much yet

My manga sugestion is an old one but it's freakin awesome ! AIR GEAR

http://www.mangabb.eu/manga-search?key=Air+Gear

Minami Ikki Itsuki, is a student and a delinquent. Also known as the Unbeatable Babyface, Ikki is the leader of the youth gang by the name of East Side Gunz. Upon his return home after being humiliated by a street gang of Storm Riders called the Skull Saders Ikki discovers a secret hidden from him by his benefactors, the Noyamano sisters. The sisters belong to a group of Storm Riders who go by the team name of Sleeping Forest. Keen on helping Ikki to regain his confidence and pride, they supply him with a pair of Air Trecks (abbreviated as AT). Ikki eventually settles his grudge with the Skull Saders, but in the process he receives more than the simple satisfaction of revenge. Determined to experience the sensation of flight for as long as he can, our headstrong protagonist is quickly sucked into the mysterious, yet irresistible world of Air Treck.

post-195144-0-72950200-1431554585_thumb.

MSI Z97A Gaming7 , 4690k , 2 X MSI 960 4g , 500gb ssd , 7tb of WD hdd storage , EVGA 100G2 , Corsair h100i , 2 X 32" 1440p as I RMAd the 4k ones , CM quickfire .

NOW I'VE LOST IT I KNOW I CAN KILL . TRUTH IS HIDDEN BEYOND THE GATES  IT'S ALL DARKER THAN BLACK .

My manga sugestion is an old one but it's freakin awesome ! AIR GEAR

High five man :D I liked that manga, a lot :D But, the biggest gripe i have with it is that it becomes... incomprehensible around chapter 270 :(

Ah, actually forget this comment. I don't have time to start this discussion, sorry :P

But yeah, it rarely amounts to something and tends to simply be one big tease.

Ore Monogatari!! is another young/teen anime, where the show actually makes

some progress. I love the people pulling jokes about it saying "too bad it's already

over" Just a couple episodes in. 

But in this particular anime, the one the thread is about. It plays a key role in the 

events and achievements. Atleast how it is played out in the anime. Not to mention

it is standard protocol to not dwelve deep into manga, possibly beyond the anime

in a anime discussion thread. 

I read Ore Monogatari manga, and so far, it rocks :D Also, so far they're following it quite closely :D

High five man :D I liked that manga, a lot :D But, the biggest gripe i have with it is that it becomes... incomprehensible around chapter 270 :(

Yes , agreed it gets a bit murky then . Still I think it set the bar back then for this style manga ;)

MSI Z97A Gaming7 , 4690k , 2 X MSI 960 4g , 500gb ssd , 7tb of WD hdd storage , EVGA 100G2 , Corsair h100i , 2 X 32" 1440p as I RMAd the 4k ones , CM quickfire .

NOW I'VE LOST IT I KNOW I CAN KILL . TRUTH IS HIDDEN BEYOND THE GATES  IT'S ALL DARKER THAN BLACK .

Yes , agreed it gets a bit murky then . Still I think it set the bar back then for this style manga ;)

Quite true :) 

Oddly enough, of the 2 Ito Ogure's (Oh Great's) manga's i read, both are incomprehensible... When i first read Tenjo Tenge, i barely understood the latter half, but when i think about it as a whole, it becomes a lot clearer, something that's not present in Air Gear... Oh well, he's a great mangaka :D I forgot all about him (and yet, he's one of the rare ones whose name i remembered, both his pen name and real name :D)... I guess it's time to check if he released any new manga ;)

How many of you actually watched it? I just finished bakuman. I have to say,

it went above and beyond my expectations. The story is alot more well done 

than what i expected, it just kept getting better and better, it grew on me up

until the end. 

Sure, some characters were overwhelmingly bland. Well, i'd rather say they

were oversimplified to induce a specific reaction, the target audience is

probably fairly young. But overall it was unexpectedly nuanced and well done.

The ending didn't feel satisfying, but might partially be because i could have

watched another season or two. Niizuma Eiji is one of my favorite characters

so far. But i have to say, i hated what they did with Toru Nanamine. Again with

the oversimplification to portray him as a villain. But in spite of that, the show

managed to progress and develop really well. The  annoying portions were

luckily kept low enough for me to ignore.

Edited by tobben

How many of you actually watched it? I just finished bakuman.

nope I have not even started it yet so it is just joining my long list of things I need to watch for the club

list of poll winners i still need to watch

1. Steins;Gate
  2. Wolfs Rain
  3. Black Rock Shooter
  4. No Game No Life
  5. The Garden of Sinners
  6. Time of Eve
  7. Watamote
  8. My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
  9. Clannad
  10. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
  11. aldnoah zero
  12. fate/zero
  13. Knights of Sidonia
  14. The Devil is a Part-Timer!
  15. Date A Live
  16. maoyuu maou yuusha
  17. humanity has declined
  18. Jormungand
  19. White Album 2
  20. Mushi-shi
  21. UN-Go
  22. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  23. Love, Election and Chocolate
  24. Jyu-Oh-Sei
  25. Death Parade
  26. Bakuman

nope I have not even started it yet so it is just joining my long list of things I need to watch for the club

list of poll winners i still need to watch

1-26 "Snip"

Ahh, shame on you. That is a pretty juicy waiting list you got going on there.

Many of which i would watch before bakuman, even if it surprised me and 

kept going strong until the end, or rather it developed well.