Nvidia Q1 2016 results shows GPU sales up 14 per cent

zappian

They do make a good product, have superior marketing and partnerships, but there is no denying that the some of the sales are due to other reasons, including the irrational enthusiast community. If AMD made a GPU literally 1 generation better than anything that Nvidia was selling at the same price point and was marketed up the wazoo, Nvidia would still likely outsell AMD.

It's not just price/performance that sells the cards though.  I have friends who refused outright to buy an AMD card (after I explained everything) simply because they refused to deal with broken AMD drivers.  Whether that is a reality right now or not is moot, it has been a serious issue before and it is going to take several generations of superior performing product from AMD to counter that reputation.  

That is one of the reasons why Nvidia has the market share,  a better product for a longer period gives them a superior reputation over time.  This turns into sales and recommendations on forums. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

-snip-

The amount of blind people in this world is too damn high.

Calling all Nvidia users blind people?

Edited by colonel_mortis
Removed off topic content

-snip-

Calling all Nvidia users blind people?

"Mainly because AMDs gpus are quite old now and because of the insane popularity of the GTX 970."

Thats what my first post was about.

Nobody sees the real reason to buy AMD.

"Mainly because AMDs gpus are quite old now and because of the insane popularity of the GTX 970."

Thats what my first post was about.

Nobody sees the real reason to buy AMD.

Pretty sure the people who want Radeon cards will see the use for Radeon cards.

-snip-

Edited by colonel_mortis
Removed off topic content

I think personal experience plays a huge part in that, my experience with Nvidia has been better than with AMD, also I love CUDA programming

and will surely stay on the green team for my next card, this is just due to my prior experience with both companies. 

And price/performance is not that important to me, a few degrees cooler and those extra features(CUDA, shadowplay, G-Sync...) are worth the extra money in my eyes.

Corsair 900D |ASUS  Maximus V Formula | i7 3770K | 16 GB Dominator Platinum 1600Mhz | Asus GTX 780 |

Intel 520 Series 180Gb SSD | BeQuiet 860W PSU | GPU, CPU, MOBO watercooled with 2x480 rads, 12 BitFenix Spectre Pro total | Acrylic Tubing from Primochill | Icemodz RGB-LEDs | Aquacomputer pump, flow control and fan/liquid control | 27" Dell U2711

Build-Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/88573-the-red-beast-900d-780-liquidcooled-first-build/