How to make an image of a HDD/SSD

Go to solution Solved by emachado99,

Do they use compression to keep it from taking up to much space. Is that how they can keep the backup on the same drive. Or do you have yours going onto a NAS too?

Read my post again as I updated it... And yes it does compress it to keep the file size smaller. I don't have mine on a NAS, but I do tend to just copy it to an external drive after that way I have it in 2 locations, God for bid anything happens.

I get so confused reading OP's requirements of wanting an image but no cloning. Backing up an image of the HDD/SSD will be used for cloning later.

Acronis True Image, no? But purchase needed...

Windows 7 has cloning (imaging of the drive) in it... I did not like it, but OP can try that.  It might even automate.  Windows 8 should have it as well.

Windows 7 has cloning (imaging of the drive) in it... I did not like it, but OP can try that.  It might even automate.  Windows 8 should have it as well.

There is? I never look into it before.

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M5 | COOLER MASTER Hyper 212X | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 2600MHz 8GB (4GBx2 kit) | MSI GeForce GTX 970 | FSP Aurum S 600W

Wordpress

-snip-

Ah damn! I don't have a Win7 system with me now. It died last year. I only did repair disc.

For now, I am using my work's Acronis True Image. *Shhhh*

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M5 | COOLER MASTER Hyper 212X | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 2600MHz 8GB (4GBx2 kit) | MSI GeForce GTX 970 | FSP Aurum S 600W

Wordpress