What if LinusMediaGroup dropped Youtube?

Kloud

First off, I'd like to say that this is a hypothetical situation.

LinusMediaGroup already has Hundreds of Terabytes of storage. Once they get an official office, do you think they'd be better of hosting videos on their website? They have the capacity (Even though they're in NAS, couldn't they just move it over to larger servers and host their videos on LinusMediaGroup.com?) Google wouldn't be taking 45% of embedded ads, and they'd get to keep all in-video ad revenue. (not to mention the fact that instead of getting low CPM, the embedded ads could also be dedicated advertisements = more money.) Do you think it'd be worth it monetarily?

Discuss!

No, Their servers and connections would never me bale to handle the traffic they would get. They would need a dedicated server host, with multiple servers and a multi gigabit connection.

I still wouldn't use vessel.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I still wouldn't use vessel.

What don't you like about vessel? Just curious.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

No, Their servers and connections would never me bale to handle the traffic they would get. They would need a dedicated server host, with multiple servers and a multi gigabit connection.

They've already mentioned getting multiple gigabit connections to support their 100TB NAS when they get an office.

I don't understand the hatred either. Starting your own company isn't cheap, which is why I pay for Vessel.

It'd probably be faster for me to wait for it to come on youtube than it would take to load at 1080p on vessel.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

If they dropped youtube, I'd just watch it on vessel, its what... $3 a month or some shit for it? its not that bad.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

We would continue to support YouTube even if we did have our own content delivery system.

One does not simply ignore the #1 online video site in the world.

Well put. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

We would continue to support YouTube even if we did have our own content delivery system.

YouTube Is the Ruler... Plain and Simple

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5 CPU: INTEL G4400 CASE: DIYPC-SOLO-T1-R 

HDD: 160GB SEAGATE SSD: 128GB SAMSUNG PRO 850

POWER SUPPLY: 550W ANTEC

I seem to remember google having some trouble keeping youtube profitable... If youtube was to go down or at least had more restrictions so that google could make more money would you still use it or would you move to your own distribution network for videos? (or stick with vessel?)

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

So, does that mean you are planning on hosting your own videos?

"Do as I say, not as I do." 

There's always vessel. They upload stuff on vessel that they didn't upload on youtube yet.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

I will never use Vessel. :)

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

No youtube, no care. I browse youtube for my favorite channels. I'd just have one less to look for. 

There's always vessel. They upload stuff on vessel that they didn't upload on youtube yet.

It has a pay wall though. That's why people don't like it.

Why not I quite like it. Doesn't work too well on chrome though. Kinda freaks out when you scroll fast.

If LTT dropped youtube things would happen

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Not sure why people keep hating on Vessel. I mean, I got a year of it for free so might as well just use it? Even then, 3$ a month. Sure, they have some loading problems, but they're much smaller than Youtube so they deserve a lil' slack.

"Do as I say, not as I do." 

It has a pay wall though. That's why people don't like it.

True. I think it helps LMG make money, but I'm not too sure. I don't think that would still be a reason for some people to pay for it. :/

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.