Nintendo back in the black for the first time in four years, pulls in $350 million in 2014

Congrats to Nintendo!!!! The massive sigh accompanies an announcement that it has returned to profit for the first time in four years with Nintendo pulling in a whopping 41.8 billion yen ($350 million) in its 2014 fiscal year. This is awesome.

Source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/05/07/nintendo-back-in-the-black-for-the-first-time-in-four-years-pulls-in-350-million-in-2014/

Mario-Red.jpg

Maybe they made all their profit from stealing youtubers ad revenue

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I call amiibos...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Well that's good news Nintendo. 

Maybe they made all their profit from stealing youtubers ad revenue

lmao, that would definitely contribute.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

The fact that the USD is the strongest it has been against the Yen since 2007 is probably a large part of the story. The US market is a huge chunk of the gaming market and the prices in the US are fixed in USD. Say they get something like $50US out of hardware, in late 2012 that would have been 4000Yen. That same $50US now would give them 6000Yen. That's a huge difference and no doubt they're also making more or a profit out of the hardware now than they were a few years ago. Moore's law and all that.

Also wouldn't hurt that Amiibos are doing well or that the Wii U has been performing better. Really the only thing that went down in the last year for them was the 3DS and even then it was just slightly. The 3DS is slowly on the way out, everything else for Nintendo is looking up.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing