Not every Galaxy S6 has the same camera, but Samsung says that's okay

Well, atleast we now know that Sony actually CAN make good camera sensors. Who knew.

It's good that Samsung can finally make a decent sensor.

I have an S6 and would like to know which sensor mine has, is there any way to check?

Is there any difference in picture quality? If not, then who cares?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Is there any difference in picture quality? If not, then who cares?

The difference is very, very small.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Unless someone can prove otherwise I don't think that this is a big deal.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Who said it matters here. I just made a comment on how Sony cannot utilize their own sensors in their own phones.

Sony does use their own sensors in the Xperia phones, but the software they have running the cameras is not as good as the software that samsung or apple has, and the reason for this is most likely not that sony CAN'T make the software better (as their line of digital cameras show), the more likely explanation is that sony makes a lot of money selling the camera chips to other phone manufacturers, and they willingly lower the quality of the pictures in their own phones to keep apple or samsung happy and keep selling them the camera sensors.

Last night I finally got the Lollipop update for my Z2, and the improvement in quality of the night pictures was noticeable.  Sony can make the pictures better,if they wanted, just with software updates.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

doesnt sony make the iphone 6 and 6 plus cameras also

Yes, both the front and back ones.

"Rawr XD"

Well, atleast we now know that Sony actually CAN make good camera sensors. Who knew.

What? Sony make the best camera sensors on the market - hence why almost everyone uses it, iPhone 6? yep sony sensor heck even Nikons D800 full frame uses a Sony sensor, and look how awesome the A7 series are!  Oh and GoPro uses sony sensors too! 

About time for Canon and Nikon to make a smartphone

/bazinga

Nikon often use Sony sensors ;)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii