R9 290 with Corsair CX600M

Eyesthetics

Just got my replacement unit... Problem solved for now..

Corsair sent you a new one that fast?

Corsair sent you a new one that fast?

That or he lives in a country where parts of the warranty are handled by the retailer rather than the manufacturer.

That or he lives in a country where parts of the warranty are handled by the retailer rather than the manufacturer.

Yes i got it from the local distributor, brick and mortar store, they immediately replaced it without asking much..

Working like a charm now, i guess i got a lemon psu..

Between the Corsair RM650 and Seasonic x650, I would go with the Seasonic. I wouldn't consider anything less than an HX series for Corsair in my gaming rig, so I can't recommend it.

With that said, the RM is a brick and mortar store product. You will have little problem finding it at a local store like Fry's or Microcenter. Probably not at Best Buy though.

Is there a reason you're not looking into a 700w or 750w unit? Just curious.

The rm 650 is actually a pretty good power supply. The problem lies in its pretty hefty price for a 650 watt unit

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Ran a ref 290 on a 6 year old Antec 500w and had issues. Currently on a 750w Antec and have had 0 problems. Upgrade that PSU. 290's are thirsty mofo's.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky